What is the Gospel?

glorydaz

How are you going to preach 1 Timothy 2:6 whilst maintaining that Christ did not die for all GD? You really think an unbeliever is going to be thinking as you do when presented with that verse?

Unlike you, I won't be claiming ransom means forgiveness of sin.

You really believe that they would exclude themselves from the 'our' of 1 Corinthians 15:3 when they have just been told that Jesus Christ 'gave Himself as a ransom for all'?

If the Gospel was actually preached, instead of cherry picked, then they would know their sins are not included in the word "OUR" if they remain unreconciled to God.

Evil.Eye.*{@}*

Could you provide the scripture references for all the verses for those phrases please?

Thanks!

Glorydaz is denying Hebrews 2:9 and 1 John 2:2 ... I’ve never said one I’ll or evil word to you JR. I’m not sure why GD is being either A) Deceptive or B) Blatantly duplicitous... but ask GD if Jesus died for all!

You know I am no Universalist! You also know that Sonnet isn’t either.

Jesus died for ALL humanity!

Jesus died for all sins and not just ours but the sins of the world! That’s 1 John 2:2 in a nutshell.

Limited Atonement is to say Jesus didn’t Die for all humanity. What the heck is wrong with this site lately!?!
[MENTION=2589]Clete[/MENTION] ... GD refuses to admit Jesus died for all, but eludes otherwise when confronted by people she hasn’t turned on... “yet”.

I may be an ornry cuss and a pain in the sock... but facts is facts!

Evil.Eye.*{@}*

Unlike you, I won't be claiming ransom means forgiveness of sin.

If the Gospel was actually preached, instead of cherry picked, then they would know their sins are not included in the word "OUR" if they remain unreconciled to God.

This is where GD is out of juice and knows she’s wrong, but is too p-r-o-u-d to admit her ERROR! She’s even more proud than the “Evil One”... which is my new nickname.

Evil.Eye.*{@}*

I've known Calvinist my entire life and have debated their doctrine for decades. You are just simply wrong.

Calvinist universally quote John 3:16 and believe that Jesus died for the whole world. They have a different (wrong) understanding of what Jesus meant by "whole world" but that does not equate to them denying that Jesus' death was propitiatory. They absolutely do believe that Jesus died for sin. There are LOTS and LOTS of things that Calvinists get wrong but whether Jesus' death had to do with paying for sin is not one of them. They deny that Jesus died for all sin but one of their major tenets is specifically about the fact that Jesus' death atoned for the sin of the elect. To deny that would just be aggressively stupid.

Jesus' death did, however, have to do with with more than just paying for sin. That is to say that His death accomplished more than just the satisfaction of justice. That was the key issue but there was more accomplished at Calvary than just that. There are all sorts of very deep spiritual truths that are all included in what is rightly called "the gospel" and, just to give one example, if some Christian pastor wants to give a sermon or a Christian lay person wants to have a discussion with his neighbor about how we are identified in Christ and that allowing Christ to live His life through us is the key to overcoming sin in our lives, then there is no requirement to also discuss the specific issue of Christ dying for sin at that moment. The gospel is a rather complex set of doctrines that are all intertwined and connected together. To discuss one aspect of the gospel does not imply the denial of other aspects of it, which seems to be what you are implying.

In short, you're debating Limited Atonement, which is a doctrine that I've come to believe that no one can fully understand AND believe without their mind being broken. There are so many passages that just flatly contradict it, many of which you've quoted in this thread, that anyone who accepts it is in one of three categories; they are either deceived, delusional or deceptive. Those in the third may or may not also be in either of the first two but in any case, the doctrine is foolishness and you are right to appose it. I would simply tell you to appose it and not some other convoluted thing that no one accepts as true. There is no Christian who denies that Jesus died for sin. Such a person just doesn't exist and debating people as though they are one of these people only make you look like the lunatic.

There is one other possibility that just occurred to me while editing this post. It could be that you are advocating Universalism which is one of the very few doctrines that are more intellectually unhinged than Calvinism. I'm really hoping that this isn't the case.

Clete

Clete... GD is defending LA and saying Jesus didn’t die for all!

I, nor Sonnet are Universalists.

Other than not seeing what GD is doing ... and wrongly calling Sonnet wrong... your post is perfect!

Evil.Eye.*{@}*

Sherman only said you weren't a sock of Evil Eye's. Fool.

Oh... and why are you angry? 1 John 2:2 and Hebrews 2:9 are still in the Bible, no matter how much you try to move the goal post and play semantics games?

What happened to you people?

Clete should be your voice of reason! LA is false! You denying Jesus died for all humanity is exactly what LA is.

Evil.Eye.*{@}*

And this guy thinks he has any credibility? :chuckle:

Shall we call you “Two Socks”... LA teaching wolfie?

1393d5c820cb741ef13dbcf20e73395f--dances-with-wolves-socks.jpg

Funny how you seem to be a band of horse thieves, but point fingers at others? Common theme?

Evil.Eye.*{@}*

ToL Spazoid Casualties

:Tambora:
:Glorydaz:
[MENTION=16942]JudgeRightly[/MENTION] ... you believe 1 John 2:2 and Hebrews 2:9 ... right? He died for ALL humanity!

Spoiler

Evil.Eye.*{@}*

I’m proud... God help me... but [MENTION=16283]Sonnet[/MENTION] ... [MENTION=13955]glorydaz[/MENTION] is the pride allstar ... Will she admit... not her socks, but will she admit... or he... not sure now... Jesus died for all humanity?

Can GD sing this song and mean it?

Maybe if you change it to ... “Some of the children”...

Wait... she’ll say the gift is there for offer...

Jesus didn’t die for Unbelievers... but once they believe... He dies again :chuckle:

I’m quacking up!!!

glorydaz

This is where GD is out of juice and knows she’s wrong, but is too p-r-o-u-d to admit her ERROR! She’s even more proud than the “Evil One”... which is my new nickname.

Clete... GD is defending LA and saying Jesus didn’t die for all!

I, nor Sonnet are Universalists.

Other than not seeing what GD is doing ... and wrongly calling Sonnet wrong... your post is perfect!

Oh... and why are you angry? 1 John 2:2 and Hebrews 2:9 are still in the Bible, no matter how much you try to move the goal post and play semantics games?

What happened to you people?

Clete should be your voice of reason! LA is false! You denying Jesus died for all humanity is exactly what LA is.

Clique collective error in 3.., 2..., 1...

ToL Spazoid Casualties

:Tambora:
:Glorydaz:
[MENTION=16942]JudgeRightly[/MENTION] ... you believe 1 John 2:2 and Hebrews 2:9 ... right? He died for ALL humanity!

Spoiler

Just documenting how one who claimed to be a believer is exposing himself.

It always happens this way. The mask gets too heavy to bear. :sigh:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Truth be told.......

Truth be told.......

Hence Paul told unbelievers, 'Christ died for our sins.'

Your saying it in all but name it would seem. Yes, it has to be received and believed. If it is rejected then the ransom is made of none effect.

'God' is love anyways, and love's will holds as eternal, as being what its own constitution and nature determines. Anyone's opinion about how love should love, how it should be divied or dispensed, are but mortal assumptions and human trifling.

'Religion' and its distorted belief systems, where they are not guided by divine wisdom and compassion, are major forces for destruction, war and insanity, and 'Christianity' has done its share guided by satanic forces, instead of the Holy Spirit, as well as other religious systems as well. Not just knocking 'Christianity'.

Again, if 'God' is love, and not just some vained image of 'love' sported by so many so called 'religionists', this love is actually INFINITE. - therefore the feeble attempts of theologians or laymen on giving qualifications or conditions for love's motive and actions are to be pitied if and when such assumptions are not born of divine wisdom or love.

In the true silence of God-reality and what is actually LOVE...there are no words, qualifications or conditions...there is only LOVE.