How the Gospel Refutes Calvinism, Catholicism All Religions

Robert Pate

Banned
Please read carefully, this article could make a difference in the way that you believe.

The Bible makes it clear that man is a sinner. Paul wrote, "There is none righteous, no, not one, Romans 3:10. When Paul wrote that he was quoting Psalm 14:1-3. Man is born a sinner, Psalm 51:5. Lives his life as a sinner and dies a sinner. There are two kinds of sinners, saved sinners and lost sinners. The question in many theological circles is... how does this sinner become just before a Holy God?

If you are of the Catholic faith, then you probably believe that your sinful nature can be re-habilitated by the works of the law or by doing religious works. The Bible does not support that belief and then there are the Calvinist that declare that they were chosen to be saved before the foundation of the world and God damned the rest to hell. This is very hard to believe. To believe that you must believe that God is an unjust, heartless tyrant.

What does the Bible say? How does God deal with fallen man? You can rest assured, that all that God does in his relationship with fallen man is done in holiness, in justice, in mercy and in righteousness. God cannot and will not, sin against himself or his created beings. If you believe that he does, then you are lost and without hope.

The scripture says, "But when the fullness of time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman made under the law to redeem them that were under the law, that he might receive the adoption of sons, Galatians 4:4, 5. This article is about how God did that through his Son Jesus Christ.

He didn't do it by re-habilitating them, nor did he do it be predestinating them. Those methods are not what God does because they are illegal. God provides a salvation that is both morale and legally correct. In the Gospel Jesus embraces our humanity and becomes God's new Adam and our new humanity. Jesus comes into the world to do for us that which we cannot do for ourselves. God requires two things for the salvation of fallen man.

1. A life of perfect obedience according to God's holy law.
2. A perfect atonement for man's sins and the sins of the whole world.

In our name and on our behalf, both of these requirements have been fully met by Jesus Christ.

This is why Paul wrote, "And you are complete in him (Jesus) which is the head of all principality and power" Colossians 2:10.

If we are complete "In Christ" then what else do we need? Do we need to be re-habilitated? Do we need to be predestinated? If God sees us as complete "In Christ" that is it, you have been signed, sealed and delivered by the doing and the dying of Jesus. Jesus has victoriously come into the world to defeat sin, death and the devil. Having done that God welcomes Jesus back into heaven and makes him... "The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16. Its over, its finished and Jesus is Lord.

I will be gone for a few days.

glorydaz

We're all still sinners, we continue to sin

I'm a saint.

Ephesians 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:​

GOD has always differentiated between the righteous and the unrighteous....between sinners and saints. It's only man that continues to call himself a sinner after God calls him righteous.

Even in the verse about "none" righteous....it is talking about the unbelievers, the workers of iniquity. Paul is merely quoting from Psalms. The fact that there ARE righteous people is shown in the text.

Psalm 14
1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good. 2 The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God. 3 They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one. 4 Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the Lord. 5 There were they in great fear: for God is in the generation of the righteous.

I'm addressing this to you, PJ, because poor Robert is going to the hospital, and I didn't want him to be bothered with this "correction". :chuckle:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I'm a saint.
Ephesians 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:​

GOD has always differentiated between the righteous and the unrighteous....between sinners and saints. It's only man that continues to call himself a sinner after God calls him righteous.

Even in the verse about "none" righteous....it is talking about the unbelievers, the workers of iniquity. Paul is merely quoting from Psalms. The fact that there ARE righteous people is shown in the text.
Psalm 14
1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good. 2 The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God. 3 They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one. 4 Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the Lord. 5 There were they in great fear: for God is in the generation of the righteous.

I'm addressing this to you, PJ, because poor Robert is going to the hospital, and I didn't want him to be bothered with this "correction". :chuckle:
:chuckle:

I knew that I think. We have the righteousness of Christ Romans 5:1 KJV -

But we do still sin, don't we?

glorydaz

:chuckle:

I knew that I think. We have the righteousness of Christ Romans 5:1 KJV -

But we do still sin, don't we?

Sin is transgression of the law, which we have been delivered from.

We are therefore dead to sin. It's why we are saints and not sinners.

Romans 6:17-18 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.​

The only one who gains by making us see ourselves as "sinners" is the enemy.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Sin is transgression of the law, which we have been delivered from.

We are therefore dead to sin. It's why we are saints and not sinners.
Romans 6:17-18 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.​

The only one who gains by making us see ourselves as "sinners" is the enemy.
Thanks glory, I posted the wrong scripture in that previous post :chuckle: I'm half asleep :yawn:

jsanford108

"In the Catechism of the Catholic Church, which holds all beliefs/doctrines of the Catholic Church, we find, in paragraph 432, "the name 'Jesus' signifies that the very name of God is present in the person of his Son, made man for the universal and definitive redemption from sins. It is the divine name alone that brings salvation, and henceforth all can invoke His Name, for Jesus united Himself to all men through His Incarnation, so that 'there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.'

This is only one simple paragraph of many, that demonstrate the Catholic belief and doctrine that Christ alone saves. Any claim to the contrary is simply a falsehood."

This is my quote from just the other day, Pate. I shall attempt (as long as it strikes me humorous) to demonstrate your false teachings and applications to the Catholic Church, by providing actual teachings and doctrines of the Catholic Church.

So once again, you are wrong and a false prophet. There are several other errors in your OP, but I will wait for your return to the thread.

Godspeed in whatever endeavor you are undertaking. I hope all is well.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Epoisses

"In the Catechism of the Catholic Church, which holds all beliefs/doctrines of the Catholic Church, we find, in paragraph 432, "the name 'Jesus' signifies that the very name of God is present in the person of his Son, made man for the universal and definitive redemption from sins. It is the divine name alone that brings salvation, and henceforth all can invoke His Name, for Jesus united Himself to all men through His Incarnation, so that 'there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.'

This is only one simple paragraph of many, that demonstrate the Catholic belief and doctrine that Christ alone saves. Any claim to the contrary is simply a falsehood."

This is my quote from just the other day, Pate. I shall attempt (as long as it strikes me humorous) to demonstrate your false teachings and applications to the Catholic Church, by providing actual teachings and doctrines of the Catholic Church.

So once again, you are wrong and a false prophet. There are several other errors in your OP, but I will wait for your return to the thread.

Godspeed in whatever endeavor you are undertaking. I hope all is well.

The Catholic and Orthodox churches reject the Protestant doctrine of justification by faith alone. Ergo they believe that it is Jesus plus our works of merit that save us. Catholics fell away from the gospel a thousand plus years ago and have never recovered.

jsanford108

The Catholic and Orthodox churches reject the Protestant doctrine of justification by faith alone. Ergo they believe that it is Jesus plus our works of merit that save us. Catholics fell away from the gospel a thousand plus years ago and have never recovered.

Please, if you will, provide a verse where the phrase "faith alone" appears in the Scriptures.

Truster

The evangelism is absolute truth and possesses the same power as used when light became and that power which raised Messiah from death. It has no need to refute anything. It stands, it has always stood and it always will stand.

Bard_the_Bowman

The Catholic and Orthodox churches reject the Protestant doctrine of justification by faith alone.

Hey Epoisses,

Not necessarily. It depends on what is meant by "faith alone".

If what is meant is something like "intellectual assent alone"...then, yeah, that doctrine is rightly rejected. Even most Protestants, I think, reject that.

If what is meant is something like "faith working through love" as Paul writes about in Galatians 5:6 and in 1 Corinthians 13, well, then that sense of "faith alone" Catholics and non-Catholics could be in agreement on.

Ergo they believe that it is Jesus plus our works of merit that save us.

It is Jesus plus our works of merit that save us? Catholic and Orthodox Churches believe that?

Can you provide some evidence of that please? Thanks.

Catholics fell away from the gospel a thousand plus years ago and have never recovered.

When exactly did that happen and what evidence can you provide that that is true? Thanks.

Peace.

Epoisses

Please, if you will, provide a verse where the phrase "faith alone" appears in the Scriptures.

Romans 4 all but spells out the doctrine of justification by faith alone where Abraham was justified by faith without works or by faith alone.

James on the other hand says that Abraham was justified by his works which simply means that his works were produced by God not himself.

Epoisses

Hey Epoisses,

Not necessarily. It depends on what is meant by "faith alone".

If what is meant is something like "intellectual assent alone"...then, yeah, that doctrine is rightly rejected. Even most Protestants, I think, reject that.

If what is meant is something like "faith working through love" as Paul writes about in Galatians 5:6 and in 1 Corinthians 13, well, then that sense of "faith alone" Catholics and non-Catholics could be in agreement on.

It is Jesus plus our works of merit that save us? Catholic and Orthodox Churches believe that?

Can you provide some evidence of that please? Thanks.

When exactly did that happen and what evidence can you provide that that is true? Thanks.

Peace.

A rejection of justification by faith alone automatically puts you in the camp of your works having some form of merit whether it is advocated or not. The works that justify according to James are those produced by love or the royal law of scripture. Sinful human beings cannot produce God's love, it is a gift to the repentant sinner only.