JESUS IS NOT YHWH

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomRose

I started the previous post with the same name to encourage people to explain how 2 particular verses could possibly be referring to just one individual. The scriptures are:

Psalm 110

Isaiah 61:1,2

No one has attempted to explain these verses yet. What is the problem? I would like the people who believe that Jesus is YHWH to share their thoughts as to why these verses do NOT refer to two different Persons.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
No one has attempted to explain these verses yet. What is the problem? I would like the people who believe that Jesus is YHWH to share their thoughts as to why these verses do NOT refer to two different Persons.

What's to explain, they refer to two different immortal beings.

One is the Most High, one is less high.

CherubRam

Psalm 110
Of David. A psalm.

(The Lord / Yahwah) says to my lord.

The name Yahwah has been replaced with (The Lord.)

CherubRam

Isaiah 61:1-2New International Version (NIV)
The Year of the Lord’s Favor

61 The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,
because the Lord has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,[a]
to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,...

And again the names Yahwah has been replaced with Lord.

Jerry Shugart

No one has attempted to explain these verses yet.

Those verses are a prophecy which speaks of what the Lord Jesus would do after He was made in the likeness of men:

"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men" (Phil.2:5-6).​

Before he was made flesh He was "in the form of God." The Greek word translated "form" means "the form by which a person or thing strikes the vision; the external appearance" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

So when those in heaven will see the ONE on the "Throne of God and of the Lamb" they will see both the Lord Jesus and God at the same time because the Lord Jesus is God:

"And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads"
(Rev.22:3-4).​

The Lord Jesus is now in the eternal kingdom and He cannot be seen by men because our flesh and blood bodies are not equipped to see eternal things (1 Cor.4:18). And here how He is described as He sits in the eternal kingdom at the present time:

"Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting. Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever" (1 Tim.1:16-17).​

The Lord Jesus is the only God.

Lon

I started the previous post with the same name to encourage people to explain how 2 particular verses could possibly be referring to just one individual. The scriptures are:

Psalm 110

Very simply John 1:1 We are tri- -une. The half you are thinking of, we embrace.

I'm not sure as a JW you'd be able to grasp what has been said after 200 threads on the matter. Hasn't all that will ever be said, been said???

:idunno:

glorydaz

The Lord Jesus is now in the eternal kingdom and He cannot be seen by men because our flesh and blood bodies are not equipped to see eternal things (1 Cor.4:18). And here how He is described as He sits in the eternal kingdom at the present time:

"Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting. Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever" (1 Tim.1:16-17).​

The Lord Jesus is the only God.

Excellent post, Jerry. I'll add this to how He is described as John saw Him.

Rev. 1:13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

Rev. 1:14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

Rev. 1:15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

Rev. 1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

Rev. 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

Rev. 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.​

6days

You can pick verses out of context to support almost any heretical doctrine, Taking the entirety of Gor's Word, we see who Jesus is.
Throughout both OT and NT we see that Jesus is God. Jesus has every attribute that God the Father does.
Jesus is omnipotent
He has "all authority"...Matthew 28:18

Jesus is omnipresent
"Where 2 or 3...I am there" Matt. 18:20

Jesus is omniscient.
John 1:48-50 Jesus knew where Nathaniel was.

Jesus is called God.
"Of the Son he(God the Father) says, "Thy throne oh God..."" Heb. 1:8
And,
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1
So the Word WAS GOD...... then compare to v14... the Word became human

Jesus is also called 'Lord'. Matt. 22:43-45

Jesus is the 'King of kings and Lord of lords'. Rev. 19:16

Jesus receives worship from angels and humans
.."Let all the angels of God worship Him" Heb. 1:6
And...
"At the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow, of those who are in Heaven, and those on earth, and under the earth."
Phil. 2:10

Jesus claimed to be equal to his father.
"I and the Father are one." John 10:30

Jesus is the mighty God and the everlasting Father Is.9:6

Jesus is the Creator. Col. 1:16

Jesus forgives sin Luke 7:48 Consider... if somebody breaks your dads arm,,, who can forgive the person? Forgiveness can only be offered by the person who has been harmed. Likewise with sin....it is a transgression against God so only He can offer forgiveness. Why were the Pharisees upset when Jesus forgave...because they understood it was blasphemy...UNLESS Jesus was the Creator God.

beameup

Psalm 110

This subject has already been covered in a previous thread of the same title.
You failed to even consider other OT references presented. You stubbornly insist
on "plucking" only two references from the Old Testament. JWs are "master pluckers".

Reactions: Lon

marhig

People keep mentioning revelation, but they don't take into account the first 2 verses?

The Revelation which Jesus received and spoke is from God, and he is speaking God's word to John.

And why would Christ Jesus, need to receive Revelation from God, if he is God? He wouldn't!

Revelation 1 1-2

Revelation 1:1

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, ,which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

Jesus is speaking what God has given him to speak, and God is always with him.

daqq

People keep mentioning revelation, but they don't take into account the first 2 verses?

The Revelation which Jesus received and spoke is from God, and he is speaking God's word to John.

And why would Christ Jesus, need to receive Revelation from God, if he is God? He wouldn't!

Revelation 1 1-2

Revelation 1:1

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, ,which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

And Elohim gave it to him here:

Mark 1:12-13 ASV
12 And straightway the Spirit driveth him forth into the wilderness.
13 And he was in the wilderness forty days tempted of Satan; and he was with the wild beasts;
[Rev 13:2] and the angels ministered unto him.

Not some sixty years later, (95AD), when he was already seated at the right hand of the Father. :)

beameup

You mean like this?
I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. - John 8:28b
Or this?
whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak. - John 12:50b
How about this:
Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. - John 14:10

marhig

Psalm 110

The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Matthew 22

While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them,
Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of David. He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool? If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?

Acts 2

For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

Until I make thy foes thy footstool.Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ

Why would God make Jesus Lord, if Jesus is the LORD God? (Acts 2) There are 2 Lord's here, the LORD God Almighty, and our Lord Jesus Christ, who has been made both Lord and Christ by God the father!

marhig

And Elohim gave it to him here:

Mark 1:12-13 ASV
12 And straightway the Spirit driveth him forth into the wilderness.
13 And he was in the wilderness forty days tempted of Satan; and he was with the wild beasts;
[Rev 13:2] and the angels ministered unto him.

Not some sixty years later, (95AD), when he was already seated at the right hand of the Father. :)
Yes, absolutely, Jesus always received revelation from God, every word he spoke came from the father.

John 12

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

marhig

You mean like this?
I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. - John 8:28b
Or this?
whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak. - John 12:50b
How about this:
Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. - John 14:10
Yes, and all that is true, and I believe it all. Because the father was in in our Lord Jesus. And God gave him power over all flesh, Christ Jesus even says, in the verses that you have quoted that it is the father in him who is doing the works.

And there is also this,

2 Corinthians 5

To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

God was in Christ, Christ Jesus had the fullness of God bodily, and he had the full power of the Holy Spirit because there was no sin in him.

marhig

Isaiah 61 1-2

The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn

Luke 4

And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him. And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

So this day was the scripture of Isaiah fulfilled in their ears.

That means that, the Spirit of the LORD God was upon Christ Jesus, and the LORD God had anointed him and made him Christ, he was full of the Holy Spirit of God, and God was giving him Revelation always and giving him what to say wherever he went by the power of the Holy Spirit. God the father, sent our Lord Jesus Christ to preach the gospel, the ministry of reconciliation, to heal the brokenhearted and preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised.

He said that came into this world to bare witness to the truth, and he came to save as many as he could by the word of God. Save all those who would repent and believe the gospel, save us from the world and from the grasp of Satan, bringing those who truly believe in him from darkness into light, from death to life and he came and showed us a better way, a new and living way, through our Lord Jesus and he was the perfect example for us to follow! Our Lord Jesus Christ, the Holy son of the living God, who laid down his life to bring us the truth and bring as many as he could back to the living God! He is the way, the truth and the life, and no-one comes to the father except by him!

1 Corinthians 8

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

1 Timothy 2

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus

daqq

Yes, and all that is true, and I believe it all. Because the father was in in our Lord Jesus. And God gave him power over all flesh, Christ Jesus even says, in the verses that you have quoted that it is the father in him who is doing the works.

And there is also this,

2 Corinthians 5

To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

God was in Christ, Christ Jesus had the fullness of God bodily, and he had the full power of the Holy Spirit because there was no sin in him.

:thumb:

Matthew 10:16-20
16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;
18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.
19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.
20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

beameup

Christ Jesus, who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be asserted, but laid aside His privileges, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men.
Finding Himself in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him THE NAME which is above every name, so that at THE NAME of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and that EVERY TONGUE WILL CONFESS that Jesus Christ is YHWH , to the glory of God the Father.
- Philippians 2:6-11

Jerry Shugart

If you want the truth of the identity of the Lord Jesus you must go to the last two chapters of the book of Revelation. There we will see that the LORD God describes Himself as the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end:

"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son" (Rev.21:5-7).​

Then in the next chapter the Lord Jesus says that He is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end:

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last"
(Rev.22:12-13).​

John certainly understood that He who said "I come quickly" was the Lord Jesus, as witnessed by his words that follow:

"He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen."
(Rev.22:20).​

These are the very last words found in the Bible and that stresses their importance. We are to KNOW that the Lord Jesus is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. And by knowing that we can know without any doubt that He is indeed God. And while He walked the earth the Lord Jesus gave a stern warning to those who deny His identity as God who is from above:

"And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins" (Jn.8:23-24).​

Status
Not open for further replies.