JESUS IS NOT YHWH

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
No, Christians are told to be looking for the Lord Jesus' glorious body and not anything about the Father's glory:

"But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body" (Phil.3:20-21).​

The following verse is also speaking of the same "appearance" and the same "glory":

"When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory" (Col.3:4).​

Therefore, we can understand that the "glory" in the following verse is referring to the Lord Jesus' glorious body and has nothing to do with the Father's glory:

"...while we wait for the blessed hope--the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ" (Titus 2:13).​

That is why Paul refers to that glory as belonging to the Lord Jesus, our great God and Savior.

:vomit:

Jerry Shugart

There are many gods, real and imagined. In the ancient languages all gods are God. In the English language we change the upper and lower case (G or g) to indicate greater and lessor persons.

There is only one Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, and that is the LORD God. Here we can see that there is only "One" sitting upon "the Throne of God and of the Lamb":

"And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads" (Rev.22:3-4).​

Now let us look at another place where we see "God" sitting upon that throne:

"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son" (Rev.21:5-7).​

Then in the next chapter the Lord Jesus identifies Himself as the "Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end":

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last"
(Rev.22:12-13).​

How do we know that it is the Lord Jesus speaking there? Because John identifies him as the One who says Ï come quickly":

"He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus"
(Rev.22:20).​

Since there can be only "One" who can be the Alpha and Omega and the beginning and the end we can know for a fact that Jesus Christ is God.

Lon

So now you agree with Keypurr.

;):chuckle:
Often enough but then not on other points. Basically he believes the Lord Jesus Christ is Created both as Spirit and then as flesh. I completely disagree on both points (among others).

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Often enough but then not on other points. Basically he believes the Lord Jesus Christ is Created both as Spirit and then as flesh. I completely disagree on both points (among others).

So Jesus is not God's offspring same as us?

CherubRam

There is only one Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, and that is the LORD God. Here we can see that there is only "One" sitting upon "the Throne of God and of the Lamb":

"And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads" (Rev.22:3-4).​

Now let us look at another place where we see "God" sitting upon that throne:

"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son" (Rev.21:5-7).​

Then in the next chapter the Lord Jesus identifies Himself as the "Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end":

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last"
(Rev.22:12-13).​

How do we know that it is the Lord Jesus speaking there? Because John identifies him as the One who says Ï come quickly":

"He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus"
(Rev.22:20).​

Since there can be only "One" who can be the Alpha and Omega and the beginning and the end we can know for a fact that Jesus Christ is God.

Only Yahwah is the Alpha and Omega. The trinity concept is supported by translation error and deception.

Lon

The trinity concept is supported by translation error and deception.
Not a chance. You cannot read Greek. What does that mean? It means you haven't the foggiest idea whether there is mistranslation.
It is second-hand information for you. Sorry, that just will not ever suffice. Can't.

CherubRam

Trinitarianism was introduced by the Catholics. Now I ask you? Are you sure you want to follow that Catholic teaching?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Not a chance. You cannot read Greek. What does that mean? It means you haven't the foggiest idea whether there is mistranslation.
It is second-hand information for you. Sorry, that just will not ever suffice. Can't.

:CRASH: Greeee....:nuke:

CherubRam

You desperately need a study bible Lon. Let us take a peek at history for one moment:

KJV 1 John 5:7 implicitly states that all THREE are ONE.

This is the only verse in the Bible that explicitly states that all three persons are one.
Unfortunately, it was added to that verse.
No earlier version includes that last phrase about them being one.

The first 2 additions of Erasmus' master Greek text did not have this.
Stunica (a Catholic authority) demanded that he include the phrase.
Erasmus told Stunica that if he could provide one Greek manuscript with that phrase, he would include it.
But no Greek manuscripts up to that time had it.
Only Latin manuscripts had it. So Stunica had a Greek manuscript made up from the Latin and forced Erasmus to include it.

In 1514, before Erasmus had even begun to edit his text, but its publication was delayed until 1522, until permission of Pope Leo X had finally been obtained for it.

"The supreme Pontiff Leo X, Our Most Holy Father in Christ and Lord, desiring to favour this undertaking, sent from the apostolic library."

This claim seems to have been accepted by all at that time.
In view of its inclusion in the Clementine edition of the Latin Vulgate (1592), in 1897 the Holy Office in Rome, a high ecclesiastical congregation, made an authoritative pronouncement, approved and confirmed by Pope Leo XIII, that it is not safe to deny that this verse is an authentic part of St. John's Epistle."

CherubRam

By the way. I have books on Hebrew and Greek translations.

Lon

So Jesus is not God's offspring same as us?
:nono: You might find a few ideas like 'only begotten' but begotten doesn't mean "didn't exist."

On the earth, there are about 2 billion Christians world wide. We make up about 1/3 of the world population. Of those less than 1% are Arian/Unitarian. How 'likely' is it that those who have only come 1900 are right? When not one of them can read languages? When they shun even their own people out of existence? Even Meshak, who thinks they are right, won't go to their meetings. How good can that be? So, literally one in a million Christians think like they do and none of them stellar scholars. Did God abandon people and only start saving again since the 1900s???

None of this seems reasonable to me and I can't listen to anybody that doesn't have a bit of foreign language under their belt. That wouldn't make any sense either.

Lon

By the way. I have books on Hebrew and Greek translations.
So did I. Didn't help. If you can't read, you are stuck with second-hand information with no way to verify anything.

There is no way you could assert anything because of it. You try, but with no ability so no authority. You are stuck parroting those you 'trust.'

I don't trust them. I do trust my own ability. I trust a few who can do it better than me as well.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
:nono: You might find a few ideas like 'only begotten' but begotten doesn't mean "didn't exist."

On the earth, there are about 2 billion Christians world wide. We make up about 1/3 of the world population. Of those less than 1% are Arian/Unitarian. How 'likely' is it that those who have only come 1900 are right? When not one of them can read languages? When they shun even their own people out of existence? Even Meshak, who thinks they are right, won't go to their meetings. How good can that be? So, literally one in a million Christians think like they do and none of them stellar scholars. Did God abandon people and only start saving again since the 1900s???

None of this seems reasonable to me and I can't listen to anybody that doesn't have a bit of foreign language under their belt. That wouldn't make any sense either.

Who says God dudn't save unedge-acated people like me?

Specially when Jesus said, " My sheep hear my voice"?

marhig

If the LORD's glory is seen in the person of the Lord Jesus then that means that the Lord Jesus is God:

"I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images"
(Isa.42:8).​

That gloryis the same glory of which the Lord Jesus speaks of here:

"And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was" (Jn.17:5).​

Please give me the translation of this verse which you think is the best translation:

"...while we wait for the blessed hope--the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ" (Titus 2:13).​
God the father gave Christ Jesus the glory, and then Christ Jesus gave it to his apostles, and they aren't God! And they are one as God and Christ are one, as we also are one with them once we are born of God

John 17

And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:*I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me

There is only one God, the father.

1 Corinthians 8:6

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

John 17:3

And this is life eternal, that they might know THEE THE ONLY TRUE GOD , and Jesus Christ, WHOM THOU HAST SENT.

Status
Not open for further replies.