Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help me interpret Genesis 1:27

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by KingdomRose View Post
    You don't know much about JWs. We don't believe that Jesus was ever called "Peniel," and I have never seen that name in the Bible.

    When Jacob saw God "face to face," it was as Moses communicated with God "face to face." Since "no man may see God and live," the way that these men "saw" God was with their eyes of understanding. Jacob and Moses knew they were having a close conversation and/or tactile contact with Jehovah or a representative of Jehovah. (Exodus 33:20)
    That is known as the Medusa effect; it happened to Lot's wife, she became a pillar of salt.
    So, what?

    believe it!

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by stephencbh View Post
      I allow the possibility that the text has been misinterpreted here and there. Like I said the Spirit guides me, I know what God is.
      There are two kinds of "Christians" (quotes because some there is doubt that one or the other are, depending on which side):
      1) Lone Rangers. TOL caters to these because it is the only place they can talk about their views and ideas. They believe God talks to them and they come to truth on their own. Hebrews 10:16 They normally preach, not learn on places like TOL and they are vocal that this is true.

      2) Social Body Believers. They believe we come to truth and one of the checks on truth is each other: Romans 12:5 1 Corinthians 12:12

      Whether truth is up to private interpretation or must pass scrutiny by the body, is part of why we have tradition and creeds. The RC doesn't have the same check and balance: It is assumed all is infallible. Protestants believe we have to always check between what is infallible, and what is delivered by fallible means (the human factor).

      Not sure if such adds to the thread, but I think it worth the mention regarding your post. In Him -Lon
      My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
      Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
      Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
      Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
      No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
      Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

      ? Yep

      Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

      ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

      Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by Lon View Post
        There are two kinds of "Christians" (quotes because some there is doubt that one or the other are, depending on which side):
        1) Lone Rangers. TOL caters to these because it is the only place they can talk about their views and ideas. They believe God talks to them and they come to truth on their own. Hebrews 10:16 They normally preach, not learn on places like TOL and they are vocal that this is true.

        2) Social Body Believers. They believe we come to truth and one of the checks on truth is each other: Romans 12:5 1 Corinthians 12:12

        Whether truth is up to private interpretation or must pass scrutiny by the body, is part of why we have tradition and creeds. The RC doesn't have the same check and balance: It is assumed all is infallible. Protestants believe we have to always check between what is infallible, and what is delivered by fallible means (the human factor).

        Not sure if such adds to the thread, but I think it worth the mention regarding your post. In Him -Lon
        Thanks it added

        I am in the first group but I want to listen too. I love the fact that we are all so different and it seems everyone brings something to the table.


        Sent from my iPhone using TOL

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by KingdomRose View Post
          Good definition of the Kingdom of God:

          The Kingdom of God is a heavenly government. It will replace all other governments and will cause God's will to be done in heaven and on earth. The news about God's Kingdom is good. Soon God's Kingdom will satisfy man's need for good government. It will unite everyone living on earth. (Read Daniel 2:44; Matthew 6:9,10; 24:14.)

          God's Son is the ideal King because he is kind and he is firm for what is right. (John 1:14) Also, he is powerful enough to help people because he will rule over the earth from heaven. After he was resurrected, he ascended to heaven and sat down to wait at Jehovah's right hand. (Hebrews 10:12,13) Finally, God gave him power to begin ruling. (Daniel 7:13,14)
          The kingdom isn't visible to the first born of the flesh who look's outside for a kingdom that is only an image of the inward temple where the Lord and his Christ dwells in man and is hidden like a seed in soul untill its woke up by rain from above. All outward based religions are looking for a worldly government to manifest on this embryo for divine seeds and thats not the purpose for this training ground for the off spring of God.
          Trying to awaken the divine principle in the belly of the fish.

          Comment


          • #95
            Understanding gender.......

            Originally posted by Sherman View Post
            Calling God female or having female aspects has never been tolerated on this forum. We are not going to start now. I will leave this thread up for now since you have been given very sound advice in it. Please take it to heart. This doctrine of yours is a very serious error. Sexual reproduction has nothing to do with being in the Image of God. Animals reproduce sexually. Humans are created male and female so they can multiply. When we enter the spiritual realm there will no longer be that need to multiply. In Heaven there won't be sex or sex organs. God created things. He didn't procreate. Big difference. Eternal beings don't have a need to procreate.

            My commentary on 'God' being referred to as both a 'Father' and a 'Mother' still holds, since 'God' as our divine Parent includes both qualities and attributes of male and female. Male and female both represent God....for God comprises both genders being inherent in the divine nature....Which man is the dual-expression of in form. Therefore the concept of a 'Father-Mother-God' is the recognition of nature, and the attributes of gender within nature.

            Sherman banned my posts here and here for recognizing God as the source of gender, and recognizing the divine feminine or divine Mother aspect of God, which takes nothing away at all from God as Our Father. The charge of my commentary as 'intentional blasphemy' is mistaken(exaggerated) as well, since I have not dishonored, desecrated or disrespected God in any way whatsoever despite the assumption. Any are free to read my commentaries fully to judge for themselves. I have further commentary in that particular thread as well and have always honored the feminine aspect of soul and spirit, whose source is 'God' in all my years on this forum, so this is nothing new to my own theology, or universal knowledge recognized by many religious traditions since time immemorial.

            I have not blasphemed God. Now if you want to intelligently discuss and debate my viewpoints, their reason and logic, that might be constructive instead of just banning someone or closing threads down.

            Gender originates from God. Man is both male and female because these qualities and attributes come from God. God is both Father and Mother. It's a matter of understanding and respecting God. I can do so by understanding man, who is male and female. I have not blasphemed God, but honored Deity.

            My commentary in the links above, in that thread and elsewhere, stand, respecting the subject of gender. If you would like ban me instead of attempting to understand my commentary, and censor me further you go right on ahead and do so but this reflects more on your own theological bias, misunderstanding, personal beliefs/psychology and interpretation of forum politics here.

            My integrity is intact.


            sigpic

            Our Real Nature
            freelight's cosmic cafe
            Free-light-Express

            ~*~*~
            Resource Nexus l Theosophical Studies l Esoteric School of Gnostic Wisdom l Sanatana Dharma lAdidaml Facebook l Thread Catalog & History

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by freelight View Post

              My commentary in the links above, in that thread and elsewhere, stand, respecting the subject of gender. If you would like ban me instead of attempting to understand my commentary, and censor me further you go right on ahead and do so but this reflects more on your own theological bias, misunderstanding, personal beliefs/psychology and interpretation of forum politics here.

              My integrity is intact.
              You know very well they claimed they are biased.
              If you want to be true to God and Jesus, abandon any kind of violence at all cost. By advocating any kind of violence, you are misrepresenting Christianity.

              Comment


              • #97
                Gender is the result of God's design choices. Spirit which is the image of God. John 4:24. Spirit does not have gender. In heaven there will be neither male nor female. In Christ there is neither male nor female
                "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

                "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

                Pro scripture = Protestant

                Comment


                • #98
                  You forgot institionalized Christian's is another catagory that follows the worlds secular version where the christ within is muted/replaced by tradition that keeps them domesticated.
                  Trying to awaken the divine principle in the belly of the fish.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by freel4ight View Post
                    My commentary on 'God' being referred to as both a 'Father' and a 'Mother' still holds, since 'God' as our divine Parent includes both qualities and attributes of male and female. Male and female both represent God....for God comprises both genders being inherent in the divine nature....Which man is the dual-expression of in form. Therefore the concept of a 'Father-Mother-God' is the recognition of nature, and the attributes of gender within nature.

                    Sherman banned my posts here and here for recognizing God as the source of gender, and recognizing the divine feminine or divine Mother aspect of God, which takes nothing away at all from God as Our Father. The charge of my commentary as 'intentional blasphemy' is mistaken(exaggerated) as well, since I have not dishonored, desecrated or disrespected God in any way whatsoever despite the assumption. Any are free to read my commentaries fully to judge for themselves. I have further commentary in that particular thread as well and have always honored the feminine aspect of soul and spirit, whose source is 'God' in all my years on this forum, so this is nothing new to my own theology, or universal knowledge recognized by many religious traditions since time immemorial.

                    I have not blasphemed God. Now if you want to intelligently discuss and debate my viewpoints, their reason and logic, that might be constructive instead of just banning someone or closing threads down.

                    Gender originates from God. Man is both male and female because these qualities and attributes come from God. God is both Father and Mother. It's a matter of understanding and respecting God. I can do so by understanding man, who is male and female. I have not blasphemed God, but honored Deity.

                    My commentary in the links above, in that thread and elsewhere, stand, respecting the subject of gender. If you would like ban me instead of attempting to understand my commentary, and censor me further you go right on ahead and do so but this reflects more on your own theological bias, misunderstanding, personal beliefs/psychology and interpretation of forum politics here.

                    My integrity is intact.
                    Makes one curious why they even have this section if they demand such guidlines and restrictipns on the beliefs of otjer religions this section is supposed to be availoble for other beliefs , and this section is what keeps Tol from sinking like all narrow minded forums do. They would cannabalize each other into extinction.
                    Trying to awaken the divine principle in the belly of the fish.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X