Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jesus Christ, the Firstborn of Creation, Who Was First To Be Birthed into Existence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cgaviria View Post
    No it does not, and I just gave you the interlinear links for you to see for yourself. And not only that, in the Genesis account you can also see for yourself that the earth already existed before Jesus Christ began speaking. That is because he did not create "all things". It was the Father who first brought the earth into existence by his power, and then through Jesus Christ he created the world in wisdom. There is a distinction between the "earth" and the "world".
    God created all through his logos, not Jesus.
    Psalm 1[/COLOR] and Job 28:28

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
      I do not care how you read Genesis. It is quite obvious from scripture that Jesus is the creator of all things. Show me something that challenges the Colossians passage.
      Jesus is a man born to Mary, not the logos. The logos went into him at his anointing.

You just do not get it my friend.

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

Comment

Originally posted by keypurr View Post
        Jesus is a man born to Mary, not the logos. The logos went into him at his anointing.

You just do not get it my friend.
        You have not shown me anything that challenges Colossians 1:16-17

Colossians 1:16-17 King James Version (KJV)

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
        He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
          You have not shown me anything that challenges Colossians 1:16-17

Colossians 1:16-17 King James Version (KJV)
          What happened to verse 15?
          Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
          Where does it say this is Jesus?
          It doesn't, your adding words and thoughts to the verse.
          Jesus had to be a man other wise he could not be the Lamb of God.

The true son of God is a spirit, the express image, the logos.

Comment

Where does it say JESUS created all?
            Hebrews 1:8 and hundreds of other verses throughout God's Word.
            Without Genesis, absolutely nothing makes sense in all of Scripture.

Comment

Originally posted by 6days View Post
              Hebrews 1:8 and hundreds of other verses throughout God's Word.
              It does not say JESUS, it says the son.

Heb 1:3 says the son is a spirit, not a man. The express image of God, a spirit, would be a spirit. In other words the true son is a spirit not a man.

You think this speaks of Jesus.

Go deeper.

Comment

It does not say JESUS, it says the son.
                Matthew 3:17 and a host of other verses in God's Word tell us who the Son is. We don't need to do scriptural gymnastics to know Jesus is the Word...the Son of God...The Messiah...mighty God...everlasting Father ...Alpha and the Omega...etc.

Comment

Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
                  In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
                  Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
                  For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
                  Religion is man's attempt to make himself acceptable to God. Christianity is God making man acceptable to Himself.

It is true that Trump does not fit modern Republican principles, but that is because modern Republican principles have strayed far from conservatism. genuineoriginal

Comment

What happened to verse 15?
                    Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Where does it say this is Jesus?
                    It doesn't, your adding words and thoughts to the verse.
                    Jesus had to be a man other wise he could not be the Lamb of God.

The true son of God is a spirit, the express image, the logos.
                    It is a position of preeminence as is verse 18.

I have neither added anything nor taken anything away. It is a straight cut and paste of the King James version. But it is rather obvious that it is Jesus eh? It is only a continuation of what comes before.

Jim Elliot

Comment

Its not really speaking of just Jesus. Jesus did not exist at the creation, God and the logos did.

Sent from my A622GL using TOL mobile app

Comment

Its not really speaking of just Jesus. Jesus did not exist at the creation, God and the logos did.

Your problem being that you do not accept or understand who the Logos is. John 1:14 is very specific. Read it again.

Jim Elliot

Comment

Not so, I know quite well what the logos is.

Comment

Originally posted by Keypurr
                            Your 'arguments' don't seem logical... nor scriptural. *Jesus in His humanity was born / died / resurrected about 2000 years ago. But scripture is clear Jesus pre-existed (not in human form of course). Jesus... is the mighty God and everlasting Father... and Creator of all.

Comment

Not so, I know quite well what the logos is.

It is not what the Logos is, it is who the Logos is. John 1:14 is very clear.

Jim Elliot

Comment

Proof you have no idea what the logos is. Jesus did not exist until he was born in a Bethlehem. He is a man, the flesh son of the most high. The logos is a spirit, the exact copy of the Father who is a spirit. You fail to see that because it disrupts what you have been taught.

Comment

Working...
                                X