pacifism for true Jesus' followers.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
NEITHER JESUS NOR PAUL is talking about governmental policy. They are talking about what people should do as individuals.

That's a cop out, and you know it.

Be honest with yourself. Every time a Muslim kills people, and they capture the Muslim, you guys beg the authorities to execute the Muslim.

Your no different than the crime boss paying his hitman to do the killings for him.

When you vote, do you vote for politicians in favor of capital punishment, or against it?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
what do you think the legitimate authorities should do with a captured murderer in this case?

Put him in jail.

Do you know how many murderers have been saved in prison?

Murderers need Jesus Christ, not an electric chair.

Just about every prison in this country has Christian pastors who visit the jails and preach the word of Christ to the prisoners.

If you guys had it your way, the murderers would be executed the day after the trial, and therefore no chance to hear the gospel of Christ Jesus.

Lon

That's a hard question to answer Lon.

My flesh says "yes", but my spirit says "no".

So, I don't know which I would chose in the situation.
I used to be the same. I was 16. I had just read in scripture to 'turn the other cheek.' I prayed hard and wrestled with God over it.

I told him I thought it 'sounded' stupid to me. That weekend, a bully came and started clubbing on me, literally for no reason.

I told him I wouldn't fight him (I was still wrestling with that verse, normally I'd have knocked him out, as I had other bullies in the past).

My nose was bleeding profusely, so he quit after that. The bully's friend started wailing on my cousin. I dropped the towel and was ready
to stop that and I was thankful, because I was pretty sure God wanted me to protect those around me. Just as suddenly, the kid stopped.

To this day, I wonder if it wouldn't have been better to punch the guy out and explain to him that the reason I'm this strong, is because God made me this way.

Years later, that bully came and apologized to me. I thought perhaps God had done something, but I found out that my brother had threatened him and gave him an ultimatum to apologize to me.

Both you and I come from rough neighborhoods. I have a couple of other stories of pacifism and how such turned out that I'll continue to share in thread, that we can all analyze what the best thing to do might have been as well as getting feedback on what God is doing with us. He is perfectly capable of saving us, and I've been saved by Him.

I have a thread, btw, of God saving His people and I think it very important, at this time, that we should talk about our brothers and sisters in Christ, who are being persecuted to death, for their faith in atheist and Muslim countries. I wish someone would start a martyr thread. We need to be praying a lot more for our brothers and sisters, persecuted and put to death for their love of the Lord Jesus Christ.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
In a practical way, for every Christian struggling, let's look at Chris Mintz' story or someone like him.
As far as I understand the scriptures, I'm convinced the most loving thing a Christian can do at any time, is the thing that is the most loving thing that comes to mind at the time.

To me, it seems taking on the cause of those who cannot defend themselves, is a most loving thing.
Chris Mintz pushed students out of the way and guided them from the shooter, then ran back and tacked the shooter, while being hit 7 times.

-Lon

Yep! I studied the Philosophy/Theology on that very thing years ago.
There's a name for it.
I'll think of it later.

"Graded Absolutism"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graded_absolutism

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
In the early '90s, we had a family of Old Order Mennonites living on our property.
They had just come up from Belize, Central America.
While the father was away getting supplies, his two daughters were raped at gunpoint and contracted gonorrhea.
I asked him what he would have done if he had been there.
He said the only thing that he could have done is to try to reason with them.
In a conversation some time later concerning Sheriff protection in our area, he said, in so many words, that people in law enforcement were provided by GOD for his protection. I agreed with that but then began to understand that those people weren't saved, that only the people of his lifestyle and doctrine were saved.
As time went on and in spite of the fact that we both agreed that salvation was by grace through faith, I began to understand that he didn't think I was saved either, that GOD had just provided him with someone that he and his family could leach on.
The relationship didn't last long after this realization and it wasn't long before they got the feeling that they needed to leave. Of course, it was necessary for me, the empty vessel, to load my truck and trailer with all their earthly belongings and carry them to another place where they could mooch off of someone else.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
so we can "overcome evil" but we can't "resist evil"?
we can resist evil if we are committed to the Lord. Many Christians have done it. I will be one of them.

how do we use "good" to stop the evil man who murdered these children from murdering more children?

As a Christian, I don't carry any deadly weapon. And I don't play "what if" games and preparing to justify when the difficult situation arrives.

ClimateSanity

we can resist evil if we are committed to the Lord. Many Christians have done it. I will be one of them.

As a Christian, I don't carry any deadly weapon. And I don't play "what if" games and preparing to justify when the difficult situation arrives.
That's because you are a phony and a coward who is too afraid to seriously look at your insane position.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
That's a cop out, and you know it.

Cop out? It's the truth.

Show me one verse in the sermon on the mount where Jesus repealed one of the laws?

Show me one verse where Paul says that the law is no more?

Be honest with yourself. Every time a Muslim kills people, and they capture the Muslim, you guys beg the authorities to execute the Muslim.

And rightly so, just like with any other criminal who has committed a crime deserving of death.

Your no different than the crime boss paying his hitman to do the killings for him.

So you're comparing criminal justice to criminal gangs? Shame on you.

When you vote, do you vote for politicians in favor of capital punishment, or against it?

Neither.

Put him in jail.

There are only three forms of punishment for criminals that God authorized in the Bible. Prison is not one of them.

Do you know how many murderers have been saved in prison?

I guarantee you that it's far less than those who have been saved when they face the death penalty.

Murderers need Jesus Christ, not an electric chair.

Just about every prison in this country has Christian pastors who visit the jails and preach the word of Christ to the prisoners.

We need to get rid of the prisons in this country. By putting 1M criminals in prison, we only delayed crime, not removed it, from our society.

We should go back to restitution, corporal punishment, and the death penalty as punishments for crime.

If you guys had it your way, the murderers would be executed the day after the trial,

Because the sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil. - Ecclesiastes 8:11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ecclesiastes8:11&version=NKJV

Seems to me that God guarantees that there will be very little crime if we have swift punishments for crime...

So yes, we are for a swift (and painful) punishment for crime.

and therefore no chance to hear the gospel of Christ Jesus.

So 24-48 hours isn't enough time for someone to witness to a criminal? If repenting of one's sin and asking for forgiveness takes 5 minutes, seems to me like there's plenty of time to "get right with God" between sentencing and execution...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still waiting on an answer to this, Tet:

I asked what YOU, Tet, would do. I did not ask what Jesus and Paul taught.

So, again, Would you forgive the one who murdered you? or would you cry out for justice?