pacifism for true Jesus' followers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by marhig View Post
    So what's the Hebrew word for murder? As the word murder is in the Bible too? Thanks
    The Hebrew word for murder is ratsach,
    ?????
    This is the word used in Exodus 20:13.

The Hebrew word for kill is harag,
    ?????
    This is NOT the word used in Exodus 20:13.
    Originally posted by marhig View Post
    So what's the Hebrew word for murder? As the word murder is in the Bible too? Thanks

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Comment

So what do you think then? Doesn't matter about the innocents, execute people anyway?
      Allow me to build a point.

Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
      Does a country have a right and responsibility to protect itself and its citizens?

Comment

• Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
        Allow me to build a point.

I was talking about executing individual people i.e capital punishment, and my comment was actually regarding a comment about executing witches, and my point is many were innocent!

I wasn't talking about defending our countries. I've already said that whatever force is necessary to defend then I agree, but I mean defend, not cause war. And I believe that war is of the world and those who are born of God shouldn't go out to fight. We are not of this world and we are here to share the love and word of God and our weapon is the Holy Spirit, I don't believe that we are to use weapons of the world. As I keep saying, John the Baptist said to the soldier do violence to no man.

We are through Christ to save lives not take them!

And I have always said since I was young, that if I ever had to go onto a battlefield, I would hope to heal not fight. I.E be a medic. And by the strength of God I hope that I wouldn't touch a gun.

Comment

I was talking about executing individual people i.e capital punishment, and my comment was actually regarding a comment about executing witches, and my point is many were innocent!

I wasn't talking about defending our countries. I've already said that whatever force is necessary to defend then I agree, but I mean defend, not cause war. And I believe that war is of the world and those who are born of God shouldn't go out to fight. We are not of this world and we are here to share the love and word of God and our weapon is the Holy Spirit, I don't believe that we are to use weapons of the world. As I keep saying, John the Baptist said to the soldier do violence to no man.

We are through Christ to save lives not take them!

And I have always said since I was young, that if I ever had to go onto a battlefield, I would hope to heal not fight. I.E be a medic. And by the strength of God I hope that I wouldn't touch a gun.
          I'm aware that you're trying to talk about individuals. That's why I asked if you would allow me to build a point. We'll get to your argument, but there's a principle I'm trying to teach you.

Can we build on my point before moving on to yours?

Is a Government responsible for protecting its citizens and their God-given rights, and itself?

Comment

That's rubbish, did Jesus go around killing people? And Paul clearly says that our weapons of warfare are not carnal. The weapons which belong to God are for the pulling down of strongholds, that's the word of God pulling down Satan and overcoming him within. I was a held by Satan in a stronghold until I heard the word of God and it sank deep into me heart. And God through Christ is helping me to overcome and now I'm free!
            Helped you overcome killing people?

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
            They already know monsters exist.
            We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Comment

Hey you could have been a judge in the witch trials!
              Hey you could have been a witch.

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
              They already know monsters exist.
              We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tambora View Post
                Hey you could have been a witch.
                I probably would have been accused as one by some people on here, but I would have been one of those who were innocent!

Comment

I probably would have been accused as one by some people on here, but I would have been one of those who were innocent!
                  Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
                  I'm aware that you're trying to talk about individuals. That's why I asked if you would allow me to build a point. We'll get to your argument, but there's a principle I'm trying to teach you.

Is a Government responsible for protecting its citizens and their God-given rights, and itself?

Comment

The Hebrew word for murder is ratsach,
                    ?????
                    This is the word used in Exodus 20:13.

The Hebrew word for kill is harag,
                    ?????
                    This is NOT the word used in Exodus 20:13.

Where is harag used? Thanks

Comment

You don't need to teach me thanks, the Holy Spirit teaches me all things.

And there's a difference, there's defend and cause war! Defend yes, cause war no!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tambora View Post
                        Helped you overcome killing people?
                        Helped me overcome many things in my flesh that I was doing wrong. And he's still helping me everyday!

Comment

Where is harag used? Thanks
                          https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang...&strongs=h7523

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang...&strongs=h2026

Comment

You don't need to teach me thanks, the Holy Spirit teaches me all things.

And there's a difference, there's defend and cause war! Defend yes, cause war no!
                            Please don't jump ahead. Let's walk before we run.

Does the government have the right and responsibility to protect it's citizens and their rights, and itself?

Comment

• I'll read through this later when I'm not busy thanks

Comment

Please don't jump ahead. Let's walk before we run.

Does the government have the right and responsibility to protect it's citizens and their rights, and itself?

I have said what I believe, defend yes, cause war no. I won't be able to answer anymore until later, I'm not being ignorant I'm a bit busy.

Comment

Working...
                                X