The Trinity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lon View Post
    I would have said that you are correct regarding your rewrite, because Y-H-W-H refers to both Christ and the Father who is with and was God John 1:1
    Obviously you guys prefer the Catholic canonization of scriptures. Good luck with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
      Wait until LA makes one of her death predictions about you. It's a real treat.
      You are dead already.

Jud 1:12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
      Jud 1:13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

If you and John W are examples of a Christian then people will prefer hell.

LA
      My theology is that the elect of Israel became the scattered church among the nations, and when filled up with the full number of gentiles who believe to become one with them, then Christ will return and gather them, and God will then pour out His wrath on the unbelievers of both Jew and Gentile.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lazy afternoon View Post

If you and John W are examples of a Christian then people will prefer hell.

LA
        Really? Now, that's a strange choice to make, even for you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lazy afternoon View Post
          You are dead already.

LA
          Did you send flowers?

Comment

• Originally posted by CherubRam View Post
            Obviously you guys prefer the Catholic canonization of scriptures. Good luck with that.
            Which canon do you read? How many books? Are we talking about the same thing?
            My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
            Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
            Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
            Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
            No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
            Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Comment

• You have to ask yourself why did JESUS come to the Earth.

Answer: To develop a Human Spirit of Resistance to Sin

which HE took back up to God the Father and THEY sent

it down to the Apostles to help them overcome Sin.

I WILL PUT MY SPIRIT IN THEM AND TAKE AWAY THEIR STONEY HEART

AND GIVE THEM A HEART OF FLESH.

Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you:

and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Eze 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you,

and cause you to walk in my statutes,

and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Comment

• Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post
                What is the purpose of your challenge?

Is it to show that the scriptures teach the doctrine of the Trinity?

If so, it completely failed, since it proved that the Trinity doctrine comes from deductive reasoning.

Is it to show that some verses of the Bible combined with logic can be used to get people to agree with the doctrine of the Trinity?

If so, then it also failed, since my position on the matter is not whether I personally believe or disbelieve the doctrine, merely whether the doctrine is taught by scripture (it is not) and whether it is necessary to believe the Trinity doctrine in order to be saved (it is not).

What do you think you gain by belief in the Trinity doctrine?
                Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post
                I would disagree with you about whether scriptural evidence taken in total points to the Trinity doctrine.

The overwhelming majority of scripture taken at face value supports a Unitarian view of God the Father being the only true god who sent His Son to die for our sins.

Support for the Trinity doctrine comes almost exclusively from about three dozen passage in scripture and from deductive reasoning.

Inductive reasoning is probably what started the Binity doctrine when some Christians found it impossible to believe that Jesus could do the things He does without being God Himself.

Adding the Holy Spirit to the Binity doctrine to make it a Trinity doctrine comes entirely from deductive reasoning.
                You know what all this reveals about you?

It reveals that you don't want to address that graphic. You REFUSE it but you won't REFUTE it.

Because if you could, you would have done so when I first posted it for you days ago. Instead, you keep avoiding it; talking around it; refusing to explain where the reasoning of it is incorrect.

You do this because the reasoning isn't incorrect, and you recognize that fact. But your committed to anti-trinitarianism no matter what.

Does that reveal you honor Scripture as is, or only as misinterpreted by the anti-trinitarian axe grinders you copy and paste? The answer is clear.
                "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
                Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
                By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

Comment

• Originally posted by jamie View Post
                  What if we put verse 16 back into the context.
                  He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence. (Colossians 1:15-18 NKJV)
                  You just removed the context by leaving off Colossians 1:12-14
                  Learn to read what is written.

_____
                  The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
                  ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

• Originally posted by Apple7 View Post
                    Example #1:

Because if you confess the Lord Jesus with your mouth, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10.9)
                    That is a very nice scripture that teaches a Unitarian view is needed for salvation.

If you do not believe that God (not Jesus) raised the Lord Jesus (not God) from the dead, you will not be saved.

If, on the other hand, you believe that God raised God from the dead, then you are not doing what the verse states is necessary to be saved.

Do you have anything that actually teaches that we must believe the Trinity doctrine to be saved?

_____
                    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
                    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

• Originally posted by musterion View Post
                      You know what all this reveals about you?

It reveals that you don't want to address that graphic. You REFUSE it but you won't REFUTE it.
                      The main problem with your graphic is that it is a graphic embedded as an attachment.
                      I chose not to address the obvious problem with it because I am not able to read it while I am typing a reply.

Originally posted by musterion View Post
                      Does that reveal you honor Scripture as is, or only as misinterpreted by the anti-trinitarian axe grinders you copy and paste? The answer is clear.
                      You are claiming that the Bible is misinterpreted if someone looks at it with a Unitarian view?

The overwhelming majority of scriptures teach us to use a Unitarian view.

To prove it, search the New Testament and find out how many times the word God is used for the Father, how many times the word God is used for Jesus, and how many times the word God is used for the Holy Spirit.

Then compare the numbers and see what you come up with.
                      Then add in the numbers of times the word God is used for the Father in the Old Testament.

Since the doctrine of the Trinity is not taught by the Bible, the Bible also does not teach a person must believe the doctrine to be saved.

Why does that simple fact upset most Trinitarians so much?

_____
                      ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

• Originally posted by OCTOBER23 View Post
                        You have to ask yourself why did JESUS come to the Earth.

Answer: To develop a Human Spirit of Resistance to Sin

which HE took back up to God the Father and THEY sent

it down to the Apostles to help them overcome Sin.

I WILL PUT MY SPIRIT IN THEM AND TAKE AWAY THEIR STONEY HEART

AND GIVE THEM A HEART OF FLESH.

Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you:

and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Eze 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you,

and cause you to walk in my statutes,

and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Jesus did not come to the Earth, he was born into it. The Spirit in him came to Earth at his baptism.
                        Psalm 1[/COLOR] and Job 28:28

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

Comment

• Originally posted by keypurr View Post
                          Jesus did not come to the Earth, he was born into it. The Spirit in him came to Earth at his baptism.
                          You could NOT be more WRONG.

Jesus was NOT taken over by another Spirit or you think that Jesus had TWO spirits?

Jesus IS the LORD FROM HEAVEN, just like the Bible that you reject says.
                          1Co 15:47 KJV The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
                          Get with it kepurr. You're a heathen idol worshiper. Get saved and believe in the LORD FROM HEAVEN.
                          All of my ancestors are human.
                          Originally posted by Squeaky
                          That explains why your an idiot.
                          Originally posted by God's Truth
                          Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
                          Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
                          (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
                          (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

• Originally posted by musterion
                            THREE QUESTIONS TO DETERMINE IF THE TRINITY IS BIBLICALLY TRUE OR FALSE. If any one of these questions can be answered 'no,' then the Trinity can be rejected as an unbiblical belief. But if all three can be answered 'yes,' then the concept of the Trinity should be accepted as biblical truth.

Originally posted by musterion
                            1. Does the Bible mention three distinct persons?
                            No, the Bible mentions billions of distinct persons.

Originally posted by musterion
                            2. Does the Bible refer to each of these persons as God?
                            No, but hundreds of thousands or even millions of them are referred to as gods.

3. Does the Bible teach there is only one God?
                            Yes and no.
                            The Bible teaches that there are many gods, but that the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is the only god that should be worshiped as God.

_____
                            ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

• Originally posted by keypurr View Post
                              You could not be more WRONG!

1 John 1:1-2 English Standard Version (ESV)

1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we looked upon and have touched with our hands, concerning the word of life—

2 the life was made manifest, and we have seen it, and testify to it and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was made manifest to us—

Jesus is ETERNAL! He was from the beginning. Get it right here or you will always be confused thinking that He may be created. He is not created, He is ETERNAL!
                              He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

Comment

• Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
                                Jesus is ETERNAL! He was from the beginning. Get it right here or you will always be confused thinking that He may be created. He is not created, He is ETERNAL!
                                The entire Arian controversy began when Arius figured out that Jesus was begotten, which meant Jesus had a beginning and could not be as ETERNAL as His Father.

Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
                                1 John 1:1-2 English Standard Version (ESV)

1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we looked upon and have touched with our hands, concerning the word of life—

2 the life was made manifest, and we have seen it, and testify to it and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was made manifest to us—
                                The beginning referred to in this verse is when Jesus was baptized and began His ministry.

_____
                                ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

Working...
                                X