The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

An experienced person can see the different beliefs people such as Marhig has CHOSEN FROM MEN AND WOMEN FALSE TEACHERS, they have mixed and combined them to make their one unique, but false, beliefs about God.

God's Truth

Whatever tickles their ears...

2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

marhig

However, the marriage is composed of three (Husband, Wife, Children) which are ONE.

Never said we can be God. However, Jesus is God. Now, that you reject His deity that is something between Him and you.

You get Jesus wrong, it matters not what else you get right. You, marhig, got Jesus wrong.

God is supposed to find you, not you find God. That is the problem of so many who say they are saved.

If Jesus the Christ is not God as you declare, then you have no Savior, for only God can save and the Second Person of the Godhead manifested Himself in the flesh to pay the debt you owe God and cannot ever come even close to being able to even think about paying it and God knowing that you could not pay what you owe Him, He came down divesting Himself of His glory bringing nothing with Him so that He can bring you up to Him; however, He can only bring you up to Him when you believe exclusively, plus absolutely nothing, on Jesus the Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary. God will accept NO OTHER way of Salvation for NONE other is needed.

Now, you can accept His gift of Jesus the Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary as the ONLY way to get to God or you can continue to work your little fingers off trying to present your own way of salvation which when compared to Jesus the Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary, and I am not talking about the wooden beam, cannot compare and will not compare; therefore, already rejected.

UNbelief will not accept God’s ONLY way of Salvation which is Jesus the Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary and UNbelieve strives so hard to provide its own sacrifice.

If the offering was rejected by God, then the offerer was rejected, as well; Cain is a perfect example of this.

There is nothing worse than a false way of Salvation which man is always striving to provide.

The ONLY offering accepted by God is Jesus the Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary. God declared it to be so in the Garden of Eden.

A person has to be found 'in Him' to be accepted by God. The works of our hands have already been rejected, as God has provided the ONLY way of Salvation He will accept.

husband wife and children we are, and we are one family, but we aren't the same person

Your right about God finding us, and I'm blessed that he even looked me.

You get Jesus wrong, it matters not what else you get right. You, marhig, got Jesus wrong.

With respect, you need to take that to yourself also, because to me if Jesus says that God is the only God and that he's his God and he's his son, then I believe him. Maybe I haven't got him quite that wrong, because I'm going by the scriptures. You could show me where triune God. Trinity. God the son, or God the father, God the son and God the holy ghost are in the Bible though.

Jesus the Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary. God will accept NO OTHER way of Salvation for NONE other is needed.

Can you show me this in the scriptures please, written like that. We're saved by the finished work on the cross of Calvary. Thanks

I see it a saying that we're saved by the grace of God, through faith

And Jesus taught salvation through faith

Luke 7

And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace

Nothing I'm doing is saving me, I'm being saved by the grace of God through faith and his indwelling spirit in my heart, and if I truly believe in Jesus then I will listen to him and obey God, doing his will and and deny myself, take up my cross follow Jesus, overcoming the world through Christ by the strength of the spirit.

Ephesians 2

For by grace are ye saved through faith

1 John 5

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

Revelation 2

And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations

Revelation 3

To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Matthew 24

But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved

marhig

Marhig is ridiculous for comparing God the Father and Jesus as a married couple.

The married couple might be two joined as one, but they are still two different.

The married couple might become one body, but they still have two different and separate spirits.

Marhig is a Jehovah Witness, or maybe a Seventh Day Adventist.

She doesn't even believe we have spirits that live on after the death of our bodies, so how does she think she can compare the Father and the Son to a husband and wife?

What a tangled mess she has weaved.

I wasn't the first to compare Jesus and God to a husband and wife as one flesh, I was quoting someone else.

I'm not a member of any church

Who said I don't believe that our spirits live on after death? You got that wrong, I believe we walk straight out of this body into the hands of God for him to do with us as he will.

Otherwise Jesus wouldn't have said the the father "into your hands I commend me spirit" I believe in the resurrection too, and I believe that those who belong to God are raised with Christ.

marhig

Whatever tickles their ears...

2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.
I've told you why I don't believe in the trinity, because it clearly says that God is the God of Jesus in the Bible. And I believe Jesus.

I think it's better if I just don't answer you again.

God's Truth

I wasn't the first to compare Jesus and God to a husband and wife as one flesh, I was quoting someone else.

I'm not a member of any church
You just admitted to quoting other's beliefs.

Who said I don't believe that our spirits live on after death? You got that wrong, I believe we walk straight out of this body into the hands of God for him to do with us as he will.
Do you believe our spirits have a consciousness after the death of our bodies?

Otherwise Jesus wouldn't have said the the father "into your hands I commend me spirit" I believe in the resurrection too, and I believe that those who belong to God are raised with Christ.

Again, do you believe our spirits live on in consciousness?

marhig

You just admitted to quoting other's beliefs.

Do you believe our spirits have a consciousness after the death of our bodies?

Again, do you believe our spirits live on in consciousness?

I quoted on someone else's post

Of course I do, Jesus said that Elijah was in john the Baptist

And Moses and Elijah appeared with Jesus at the transfiguration.

God's Truth

I quoted on someone else's post

And Moses and Elijah appeared with Jesus at the transfiguration.

Since you do not believe Jesus is God, tell me how you think the Spirit of Christ can be in thousands of people?

Go on and explain that, for you should be able to explain it since it is your beliefs.

marhig

Since you do not believe Jesus is God, tell me how you think the Spirit of Christ can be in thousands of people?

Go on and explain that, for you should be able to explain it since it is your beliefs.
Do you know what, I just started to explain it to you, then I realised, you just want to keep in arguing. I've answered you this question in another post. I'm not answering it again.

lifeisgood

husband wife and children we are, and we are one family, but we aren't the same person

Never said family is the same person. Neither does the Bible say that the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit is the same person. That is oneness.

Your right about God finding us, and I'm blessed that he even looked me.

So, did you hear the preaching of Jesus the Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary being exclusively, plus absolutely nothing else added to it, the only way of Salvation?

And did you surrender to the conviction of the Holy Spirit that you are a sinner and that only Jesus the Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary can save or are you still JWs and the organization is your savior?

With respect, you need to take that to yourself also, because to me if Jesus says that God is the only God and that he's his God and he's his son, then I believe him.

Jesus was talking from His physical position.

Maybe I haven't got him quite that wrong, because I'm going by the scriptures. You could show me where triune God. Trinity. God the son, or God the father, God the son and God the holy ghost are in the Bible though.

From the FIRST (from the BEGINNING) I (the ONE SENT) have not spoken in secret, from the time it took place (when it ALL happened), I (the ONE SENT) was there. And now the Lord GOD (the Father) has sent Me (the Son), and His Spirit(the Holy Spirit)." Isaiah 48:12-16

Also Isaiah 42:1 and Isaiah 61:1

The Holy Spirit spoke THROUGH the prophets of OT time.

Can you show me this in the scriptures please, written like that. We're saved by the finished work on the cross of Calvary. Thanks

That is NOT what I said. You separated Jesus from His finished work. You separate the work from Him or Him from His work, then, you have no salvation at all.

The PRINCIPAL mission commissioned to Jesus the Christ was to go to the Cross of Calvary to save humankind.

I see it a saying that we're saved by the grace of God, through faith

Yes. Faith in what though? Your faith has to have the CORRECT object for it to be faith that God will accept and that CORRECT object is Jesus the Christ AND His finished work on the Cross of Calvary.

And Jesus taught salvation through faith

Luke 7

And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace

She was saved because she acknowledged He was the Redeemer of Israel.

Nothing I'm doing is saving me, I'm being saved by the grace of God through faith and his indwelling spirit in my heart, and if I truly believe in Jesus then I will listen to him and obey God, doing his will and and deny myself, take up my cross follow Jesus, overcoming the world through Christ by the strength of the spirit.

Ephesians 2

For by grace are ye saved through faith

1 John 5

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

Revelation 2

And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations

Revelation 3

To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Matthew 24

You are EITHER saved or you are NOT.
There is NOTHING in the Bible that talks about progressive salvation.

Paul says in Philippians 2:12,
“Wherefore, my beloved (believers), as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, WORK OUT your own salvation with fear and trembling”.

Paul did not say to work FOR your salvation.
He said to work OUT your salvation

"work out" in the Greek: 2716 = katergazomai = work, do, do deed, to perform, cause, work out

I was saved from the prison (of sin) in the past....simple "saving faith"...

I am being saved from the power (of sin) in the present by the indwelling power of the Holy Spirit. This is the PROCESS of SANCTIFICATION which is a life long deal until I physically pass away or the Lord comes to get His Church.

God only has ONE way of Salvation and that way is Jesus the Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary.

You do not believe Jesus the Christ is God manifest in the flesh. Denying Jesus' Deity; therefore, you are following "another gospel", "another Jesus", inspired by "another spirit", presenting the work of your own hands which have already been rejected.

One's eternal destination is at stake here. You get Jesus the Christ wrong, it matters not what else you get right. You got Jesus wrong.

lifeisgood

No, Jesus did NOT say that.

Besides John the Baptist himself proved that he was NOT Elijah.
In the first chapter of John the Apostle’s gospel, John the Baptist identifies himself as the messenger of Isaiah 40:3, not as the Elijah of Malachi 3:1. John the Baptist even goes so far as to specifically deny that he was Elijah (John 1:19–23).

marhig

No, Jesus did NOT say that.

Besides John the Baptist himself proved that he was NOT Elijah.
In the first chapter of John the Apostle’s gospel, John the Baptist identifies himself as the messenger of Isaiah 40:3, not as the Elijah of Malachi 3:1. John the Baptist even goes so far as to specifically deny that he was Elijah (John 1:19–23).

John the Baptist is John the Baptist

The following is Jesus speaking

Matthew 11

KJV

For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.

He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

NLT

For before John came, all the prophets and the law of Moses looked forward to this present time.
And if you are willing to accept what I say, he is Elijah, the one the prophets said would come.

Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand!

Can you understand this? What do you think it means? Thanks

marhig

Never said family is the same person. Neither does the Bible say that the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit is the same person. That is oneness.

So, did you hear the preaching of Jesus the Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary being exclusively, plus absolutely nothing else added to it, the only way of Salvation?

And did you surrender to the conviction of the Holy Spirit that you are a sinner and that only Jesus the Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary can save or are you still JWs and the organization is your savior?

From the FIRST (from the BEGINNING) I (the ONE SENT) have not spoken in secret, from the time it took place (when it ALL happened), I (the ONE SENT) was there. And now the Lord GOD (the Father) has sent Me (the Son), and His Spirit(the Holy Spirit)." Isaiah 48:12-16

That is NOT what I said. You separated Jesus from His finished work. You separate the work from Him or Him from His work, then, you have no salvation at all.

The PRINCIPAL mission commissioned to Jesus the Christ was to go to the Cross of Calvary to save humankind.

Yes. Faith in what though? Your faith has to have the CORRECT object for it to be faith that God will accept and that CORRECT object is Jesus the Christ AND His finished work on the Cross of Calvary.

“Wherefore, my beloved (believers), as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, WORK OUT your own salvation with fear and trembling”.

"work out" in the Greek: 2716 = katergazomai = work, do, do deed, to perform, cause, work out

I am being saved from the power (of sin) in the present by the indwelling power of the Holy Spirit. This is the PROCESS of SANCTIFICATION which is a life long deal until I physically pass away or the Lord comes to get His Church.

God only has ONE way of Salvation and that way is Jesus the Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary.

You do not believe Jesus the Christ is God manifest in the flesh. Denying Jesus' Deity; therefore, you are following "another gospel", "another Jesus", inspired by "another spirit", presenting the work of your own hands which have already been rejected.

One's eternal destination is at stake here. You get Jesus the Christ wrong, it matters not what else you get right. You got Jesus wrong.
I will have a look at this in a bit, I'm cooking tea, I'm not being ignorant.

lifeisgood

John the Baptist is John the Baptist

The following is Jesus speaking

Matthew 11

KJV

For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.

He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

NLT

For before John came, all the prophets and the law of Moses looked forward to this present time.
And if you are willing to accept what I say, he is Elijah, the one the prophets said would come.

Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand!

Can you understand this? What do you think it means? Thanks

Does the Scripture say that Elijah the prophet was translated to Heaven without seeing death? Yes.
And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven. (2 Kings 2:11)

Does the Scripture predict that Elijah the prophet is coming back? Yes.
Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD: And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse. (Malachi 4:5, 6)

The Jews had a problem in taking many things literally when God was speaking symbolically exactly some in these modern times. For example when Jesus told Nicodemus about being "born again" he took it literally. When Jesus talked about eating His flesh and drinking His blood the Jews who heard Him took it literally --- some believe the same thing. (John 3:3, 4; 6:51-53). The same way these Jews believed that the literal Elijah, who was taken up to Heaven, would be born again physically to fulfill prophecy.

Talking about Jesus, the Bible calls Him the "son of David" many a time, but also it referred to Him as "David"! Ezekiel wrote what God said — And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even my servant David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd. (Ezekiel 34:23)

King David died around 450 years BEFORE Ezekiel wrote this. There did not arise any king in Israel or Judah by the name David. Not the literal David would come back to rule, but the symbolic David-Jesus Christ!

According to Malachi – Elijah the prophet – would come. NOT the literal Elijah, the Tishbite, but the SYMBOLIC Elijah.

We understand from Jesus that the prophetic Elijah was John the Baptist. Jesus said — “For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come” (Matthew 11:13, 14)

But when John the Baptist was asked earlier HE SAID he was NOT Elijah. John the Baptist said — And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. (John 1:21)

In Luke’s Gospel we get the clue to the whole puzzle. Gabriel told Zacharias, John the Baptist’s father — Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John... And he shall go before him IN THE SPIRIT AND POWER OF ELIAS, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord. (Luke 1:13, 17)

Now that is the Angel Gabriel coming from God Himself saying that in the “spirit and power of Elias” would John the Baptist go before the Lord! It was NOT that John the Baptist was literally Elijah reincarnated, but someone having the spirit and power of the fearless prophet of the OT.

But the Jews believed that the REAL Elijah of the Old Testament would return, however, John denied that he was that Elijah. But Jesus said John was indeed the prophetic Elijah - NOT the literal BUT the symbolic Elijah!

The prophet Malachi said that the Elijah he refers to would come BEFORE the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. He says it will happen “before the great and dreadful day of the Lord” (Malachi 4:5)

marhig

Does the Scripture say that Elijah the prophet was translated to Heaven without seeing death? Yes.
And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven. (2 Kings 2:11)

Does the Scripture predict that Elijah the prophet is coming back? Yes.
Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD: And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse. (Malachi 4:5, 6)

The Jews had a problem in taking many things literally when God was speaking symbolically exactly some in these modern times. For example when Jesus told Nicodemus about being "born again" he took it literally. When Jesus talked about eating His flesh and drinking His blood the Jews who heard Him took it literally --- some believe the same thing. (John 3:3, 4; 6:51-53). The same way these Jews believed that the literal Elijah, who was taken up to Heaven, would be born again physically to fulfill prophecy.

Talking about Jesus, the Bible calls Him the "son of David" many a time, but also it referred to Him as "David"! Ezekiel wrote what God said — And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even my servant David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd. (Ezekiel 34:23)

King David died around 450 years BEFORE Ezekiel wrote this. There did not arise any king in Israel or Judah by the name David. Not the literal David would come back to rule, but the symbolic David-Jesus Christ!

According to Malachi – Elijah the prophet – would come. NOT the literal Elijah, the Tishbite, but the SYMBOLIC Elijah.

We understand from Jesus that the prophetic Elijah was John the Baptist. Jesus said — “For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come” (Matthew 11:13, 14)

But when John the Baptist was asked earlier HE SAID he was NOT Elijah. John the Baptist said — And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. (John 1:21)

In Luke’s Gospel we get the clue to the whole puzzle. Gabriel told Zacharias, John the Baptist’s father — Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John... And he shall go before him IN THE SPIRIT AND POWER OF ELIAS, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord. (Luke 1:13, 17)

Now that is the Angel Gabriel coming from God Himself saying that in the “spirit and power of Elias” would John the Baptist go before the Lord! It was NOT that John the Baptist was literally Elijah reincarnated, but someone having the spirit and power of the fearless prophet of the OT.

But the Jews believed that the REAL Elijah of the Old Testament would return, however, John denied that he was that Elijah. But Jesus said John was indeed the prophetic Elijah - NOT the literal BUT the symbolic Elijah!

The prophet Malachi said that the Elijah he refers to would come BEFORE the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. He says it will happen “before the great and dreadful day of the Lord” (Malachi 4:5)

I don't believe that John was Elijah, I never said that. John was John. I said Elijah was in john. I believe John had the strength of Elijah's spirit.

Can I ask you, where do you believe we go when we die? Thanks

marhig

I believe what Jesus says in the Bible, and nowhere in the Bible have I seen it say that you're saved by Jesus' finished work on calvary's cross, maybe you could show me where it is?

There is NOTHING in the Bible that talks about progressive salvation

Jesus sounds pretty progressive here, and it is in the Bible

Matthew 24

That's not what Jesus said his principle mission was

John 18

To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

keypurr

Marhig, Keypurr

The problem you gentlemen are encountering with your Christology is that it fundamentally denies the man Christ Jesus - and replaces him with some kind of divine being. That is simply not a man - and scripture repeatedly, clear and formally states that Jesus is a man who was conceived. Simple as that. Not need to add church traditions.
Not so my friend, Jesus is the body prepared for the spirit son. Jesus became the Christ when he was anointed with this spirit. Jesus needed to go into the wilderness to adjust to receiving the spirit that had the fullness of the father, this was a godlike spirit that came with knowledge and power. This was God plan from the start. Jesus was the Lamb, the human sacrifice, but the Christ in him was the express image of God himself.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app