The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

marhig

Perhaps I misunderstood you friend.

Do you believe that one can hope on a thing they have but heard of? Do you believe that they who hope on the Lord can be given faith by hearing the Word (not limited to the written Word and Truth that is in the Holy Bible)?

peace

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Yes I do

Matthew 7

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened

God's Truth

Yes but they don't only speak exactly what is in the scriptures, but it must coincide with them. Have you heard a strong lay preacher. My uncle used to stand at the docks in Liverpool and preach for for ages. He was like the men of God in the Bible.

If it coincides with scripture, then it is according to the scriptures.

God's Truth

I am not going against the Bible dear friend and really am not going against you as you belief stems directly frombthe written Word of GOD and the Truth you have discerned there from.

As Mrs. Mary has mentioned; hearing isn't limited to hearing from one's recitation of the written Word alone, or from reading the written Word alone, but is from hearing. How does one hope on a thing they have not heard of? They do not. And literally all have heard of GOD and the Spirit there of.

I am not going against you, but if you wish to show your point in going against me then please provide scripture that supports that one can only come to faith in the Christ of GOD, that is to say; the Spirit of GOD, by hearing the written letters of the Bible.

Then support it by reconciling the fact that those of faith prior to the compilation of the Bible indeed did have genuine faith and where indeed the body of the Christ of GOD.

peace friend....sincerely

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Before the New Testament was the Old Testament.

The first Christians heard the scriptures while the apostles preached to them.

God's Truth

Who said I'm going against you, I'm not, I was trying to point out that I don't think that pops is going against you either.

Why then do you think pops is going against me? He is and you can go check the posts.
Now why are you both going against me?

marhig

Why then do you think pops is going against me? He is and you can go check the posts.
Now why are you both going against me?
I'm not going against you at all, I'm just trying to say that we don't only have to read the Bible to hear the word of God, but that we can hear it through a person too. What do you think that pops has said against you? Thanks

God's Truth

I'm not going against you at all, I'm just trying to say that we don't only have to read the Bible to hear the word of God, but that we can hear it through a person too. What do you think that pops has said against you? Thanks

Why would you feel the need to tell me something that I was saying?

As for you asking what pops was going against me about...you took his side so you would think you would investigate it better.

marhig

Why would you feel the need to tell me something that I was saying?

As for you asking what pops was going against me about...you took his side so you would think you would investigate it better.
Well from what I've read he's only said that you don't only have to hear the word of God from the Bible

And I was posting because this was my experience, I heard the word first from my uncle, then my mum too. I was just agreeing with that post because that my experience. That's all.

God's Truth

Well from what I've read he's only said that you don't only have to hear the word of God from the Bible

And I was posting because this was my experience, I heard the word first from my uncle, then my mum too. I was just agreeing with that post because that my experience. That's all.

I had explained that hearing someone else speak the scriptures is still hearing the scriptures that were read from the Bible.

God's Truth

Look, Saxon was going against the Holy Bible, and I told him that we wouldn't know anything about Jesus if it were not for the written Word.

Pops went against me for that.

I explained that we can hear the scriptures when we read them ourselves, or when someone speaks them to us.

Pops would not apologize, and you will not tell me why you were trying to correct me and why you took pops side.

God's Truth

I think I need to go further back and read as I haven't read all the thread. :) I'll have a look later.

Thanks Marhig.

I am so used to people going against me just because I have gone against something they believe in.

I just want to be treated fairly, but understand that it is rare in this life.

marhig

Thanks Marhig.

I am so used to people going against me just because I have gone against something they believe in.

I just want to be treated fairly, but understand that it is rare in this life.

I want you to know, that when we talk about the things of God, if we disagree on something, I'm not going against you personally. And I agree with many things you say. So please never think I'm against you personally, I'm not.