Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Trinity

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
    NO, NO, NO. You have no reference for posting what you did and now you have no way to get out of the web you have spun. You should be able to give a simple reference for your work where other scholars agree with you.
    I gave the reference.
    It is the Bible as a whole.

    You can read it yourself, like I did, and come up with your own estimate, like I did.

    Or, you can take all the verses that everyone has used to try to prove that the Trinity is in the Bible and add up the words yourself.
    Every word that is not in those verses speak of God from a Unitarian view.

    To start you off, here is a list of all the verses in the Old Testament that can be used for a Trinitarian view:
    Genesis 1:26
    Genesis 3:22
    Genesis 11:7
    Isaiah 6:8

    All the rest of the verses in the Old Testament teach a Unitarian view.
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

    Comment


    • Originally posted by keypurr View Post
      Will we be eternal? If so, we had a beginning.
      Your ignorance makes me laugh.
      He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

      Jim Elliot

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
        Again you show your ignorance. The spirit of God is not created.

        Your eyes are still closed BR.

        Define EXPRESS IMAGE.

        DEFINE ANY IMAGE.

        Your putting limits of our creator friend. There are many spirits, good and bad. We live among them.
        Psalm 1[/COLOR] and Job 28:28

        Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

        Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
          Your ignorance makes me laugh.

          Can't you answer the simple question BR. Will we be eternal someday?
          Psalm 1[/COLOR] and Job 28:28

          Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

          Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post
            I gave the reference.
            It is the Bible as a whole.

            You can read it yourself, like I did, and come up with your own estimate, like I did.

            Or, you can take all the verses that everyone has used to try to prove that the Trinity is in the Bible and add up the words yourself.
            Every word that is not in those verses speak of God from a Unitarian view.

            To start you off, here is a list of all the verses in the Old Testament that can be used for a Trinitarian view:
            Genesis 1:26
            Genesis 3:22
            Genesis 11:7
            Isaiah 6:8

            All the rest of the verses in the Old Testament teach a Unitarian view.
            How about a reference other than the bible otherwise what you have said is pure speculation on your part.
            He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

            Jim Elliot

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
              Why don't you stay out of things that are not addressed to you. It was given to keypurr not to you. But, the again, you need to see it to since you deny the truth of 1 John 1:1-2. Jesus is eternal and possessing that attribute is therefore God.
              You are twisting the verses so much to try (and fail) to make them say something that the verses were never intended to say that I was not able to stand by without showing your error.

              The difference in our approaches is that you take the doctrines taught to you and then twist scripture to make it fit your doctrines, whereas I take the scripture as it is written, identify the message the people writing it most likely intended to convey to the people they were writing to, and then accept or reject doctrines based on how well the doctrines line up with scripture.
              Learn to read what is written.

              _____
              The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
              ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

              Comment


              • Originally posted by keypurr View Post
                Your the one speaking as a child, read Acts 10:38 and see where the POWER was given to Jesus at that time. Your words are showing what kind of spirit is driving you RD.
                Your paganism infects your every thought.
                All of my ancestors are human.
                Originally posted by Squeaky
                That explains why your an idiot.
                Originally posted by God's Truth
                Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
                Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
                (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

                1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
                (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

                Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
                  How about a reference other than the bible otherwise what you have said is pure speculation on your part.
                  I showed you how to prove or disprove my statement, what more do you want?
                  Are you attempting to claim "Appeal to Authority" as a logical fallacy to disprove my statement?
                  Learn to read what is written.

                  _____
                  The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
                  ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
                    You could NOT be more WRONG.

                    Jesus was NOT taken over by another Spirit or you think that Jesus had TWO spirits?

                    Jesus IS the LORD FROM HEAVEN, just like the Bible that you reject says.
                    1Co 15:47 KJV The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
                    Get with it kepurr. You're a heathen idol worshiper. Get saved and believe in the LORD FROM HEAVEN.
                    You're the one who doesn't believe in the Lord from HEAVEN. The Lord from heaven is SPIRIT, always was Spirit, and still IS Spirit. And it is THIS WORD that was MADE FLESH. Catch that? MADE flesh. He was made flesh, so that the invisible could have visibility.

                    1Cor 15: 37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain: 38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body. 39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds. 40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. 41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory. 42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: 43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: 44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body.
                    There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. 46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. 47 The first man is of the earth, earthy (INCLUDING THE FLESH MAN YESHUA): the second man is the Lord from heaven. 48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. 49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.


                    It can't be any clearer. We bore the image of the first man, Adam, which was of terrestrial flesh, and we shall bear the image of the second man WHICH IS SPIRIT AND CAME DOWN FROM HEAVEN, and is of celestial flesh, having a different glory. Yeshua bore the image of the first man, earthy, AND He bore the image of the second man who He was/is, the spiritual man, the Lord from heaven.

                    It was THIS man that appeared in different forms of Adam when He arose. It was THIS man that appeared all through the OT in different forms. It was THIS man that received the anointing, and of whom Father said, THIS IS MY BELOVED SON when He appeared in glory on the Mount with the two cherubim (Moses and Elijah) the law and the prophets who disappeared into the New Ark of the Covenant, bearing the image of the heavenly at last. I AM the resurrection.....Peace

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by keypurr View Post
                      Can't you answer the simple question BR. Will we be eternal someday?
                      Look at the whole definition and put it in context. In that we will exist forever yes, we will be eternal. To the fullest extent of the meaning of the word, no.
                      He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

                      Jim Elliot

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post
                        You are twisting the verses so much to try (and fail) to make them say something that the verses were never intended to say that I was not able to stand by without showing your error.

                        The difference in our approaches is that you take the doctrines taught to you and then twist scripture to make it fit your doctrines, whereas I take the scripture as it is written, identify the message the people writing it most likely intended to convey to the people they were writing to, and then accept or reject doctrines based on how well the doctrines line up with scripture.
                        You do not take the simplicity of what they mean. Jesus is without beginning and without end. He is eternal.
                        He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

                        Jim Elliot

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post
                          I showed you how to prove or disprove my statement, what more do you want?
                          Are you attempting to claim "Appeal to Authority" as a logical fallacy to disprove my statement?
                          You have no proof. No more be need said.
                          He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

                          Jim Elliot

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
                            Why don't you stay out of things that are not addressed to you. It was given to keypurr not to you. But, the again, you need to see it to since you deny the truth of 1 John 1:1-2. Jesus is eternal and possessing that attribute is therefore God.
                            So your now saying that Jesus was not born to Mary in Bethlehem.
                            You need to separate the flesh from the spirit BR.
                            Psalm 1[/COLOR] and Job 28:28

                            Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

                            Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post
                              I gave the reference.
                              It is the Bible as a whole.

                              You can read it yourself, like I did, and come up with your own estimate, like I did.

                              Or, you can take all the verses that everyone has used to try to prove that the Trinity is in the Bible and add up the words yourself.
                              Every word that is not in those verses speak of God from a Unitarian view.

                              To start you off, here is a list of all the verses in the Old Testament that can be used for a Trinitarian view:
                              Genesis 1:26
                              Genesis 3:22
                              Genesis 11:7
                              Isaiah 6:8

                              All the rest of the verses in the Old Testament teach a Unitarian view.
                              Do you want to be proved false right now. From CARM.org

                              Plurality of God in the Old Testament
                              Gen. 1:26, "Then God said, 'Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.'"
                              Angels do not create.
                              We are not made in the image of angels.
                              There is no place in the OT where a leader refers to himself with the term "us."
                              Gen. 3:22, "Then the Lord God said, 'Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, lest he stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever--'"
                              Gen. 11:7, "Come, let Us go down and there confuse their language, that they may not understand one another’s speech."
                              Gen. 19:24, "Then the Lord [YHWH] rained on Sodom and Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord [YHWH] out of heaven."
                              Psalm 45:6-7, "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of uprightness is the scepter of Your kingdom. 7 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of joy above Your fellows."
                              This is quoted in Heb. 1:8, "But of the Son He [God] says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, and the righteous scepter is the scepter of His kingdom."
                              The Jehovah's Witness Bible has it translated as "God is your throne forever and ever . . . " But, God would not be a throne for anyone. A king sits upon a throne, and God sits on His throne, not anyone else on God as a throne.
                              Isaiah 6:8, "Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 'Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me!'"
                              Isaiah 48:16, "Come near to Me [God], listen to this: From the first I have not spoken in secret, from the time it took place, I was there. And now the Lord God has sent Me, and His Spirit.”
                              Amos 4:10-11, “I sent a plague among you after the manner of Egypt; I slew your young men by the sword along with your captured horses, And I made the stench of your camp rise up in your nostrils; Yet you have not returned to Me,” declares the Lord [YHWH]. 11 “I overthrew you as God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah, And you were like a firebrand snatched from a blaze; Yet you have not returned to Me,” declares the Lord."

                              And how many other verses allude to the Triunity of God?
                              He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

                              Jim Elliot

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by RBBI View Post
                                You're the one who doesn't believe in the Lord from HEAVEN. The Lord from heaven is SPIRIT, always was Spirit, and still IS Spirit. And it is THIS WORD that was MADE FLESH. Catch that? MADE flesh. He was made flesh, so that the invisible could have visibility.
                                Oh boy.... another poor little feller.

                                Firstly, the WORD is GOD.

                                Secondly, I did "catch that" and I know what it means. It means that God came to earth as a man. The man Jesus had the Spirit of God.

                                Originally posted by RBBI View Post
                                1Cor 15: 37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain: 38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body. 39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds. 40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. 41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory. 42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: 43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: 44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body.
                                There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. 46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. 47 The first man is of the earth, earthy (INCLUDING THE FLESH MAN YESHUA): the second man is the Lord from heaven. 48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. 49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.


                                It can't be any clearer. We bore the image of the first man, Adam, which was of terrestrial flesh, and we shall bear the image of the second man WHICH IS SPIRIT AND CAME DOWN FROM HEAVEN, and is of celestial flesh, having a different glory. Yeshua bore the image of the first man, earthy, AND He bore the image of the second man who He was/is, the spiritual man, the Lord from heaven.
                                I guess that you don't understand metaphors, similes, figures of speech, etc. etc.

                                Originally posted by RBBI View Post
                                It was THIS man that appeared in different forms of Adam when He arose. It was THIS man that appeared all through the OT in different forms. It was THIS man that received the anointing, and of whom Father said, THIS IS MY BELOVED SON when He appeared in glory on the Mount with the two cherubim (Moses and Elijah) the law and the prophets who disappeared into the New Ark of the Covenant, bearing the image of the heavenly at last. I AM the resurrection.....Peace
                                Please divulge your sources for this gnostic believe system.
                                All of my ancestors are human.
                                Originally posted by Squeaky
                                That explains why your an idiot.
                                Originally posted by God's Truth
                                Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
                                Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
                                (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

                                1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
                                (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

                                Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X