The Trinity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rosenritter View Post
    That is totally not what that passage was saying. If it was you should ditch the book of Revelation as well.
    Revelation is part of the Bible, why would I ditch it?

You can do better than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by God's Truth View Post
      Revelation is part of the Bible, why would I ditch it?

You can do better than that.
      Maybe it doesn't sit well with his beliefs.
      He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

Comment

• Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
        How about your beliefs?

Comment

• I am delighted and comforted to know that keypurr officially changed his vote to yes . . . In spirit

Comment

It is a book of prophecy, no? If his interpretation of 1 Corinthians 13 is correct, that prophecy has ceased from this world, then he cannot believe the whole Bible or he must argue that Revelation is not Bible. This isn't too big of a leap of deduction.

Comment

How about your beliefs?
              2 Timothy 3:16 New King James Version (NKJV)

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

Jim Elliot

Comment

It is a book of prophecy, no? If his interpretation of 1 Corinthians 13 is correct, that prophecy has ceased from this world, then he cannot believe the whole Bible or he must argue that Revelation is not Bible. This isn't too big of a leap of deduction.
                If this is the verse you are referring to, you are in error. It is future tense meaning that it will pass away not that it has already.

1 Corinthians 13:8 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

8 Love never fails; but if there are gifts of [a]prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away.

Jim Elliot

Comment

If this is the verse you are referring to, you are in error. It is future tense meaning that it will pass away not that it has already.

1 Corinthians 13:8 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

8 Love never fails; but if there are gifts of [a]prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away.
                  1 Corinthians 13:8 KJV
                  (8) Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

I think it means that although these other gifts or attributes might be of value, they aren't what is going to really last. Ten thousand years from now, will it really matter whether we understood prophecy, or even if we were the vehicle by which it was delivered? The event is fulfilled and the prophecy is forgotten. The gift of being understood in a foreign language may seem mighty and powerful, but that will become irrelevant like your baby's shoes. Love and charity, these are the things that truly matter, these are ageless, these are priceless, these are the heart and mind of God.

GTruth asked about beliefs. Those are my beliefs. God is love, God is perfect love, be ye therefore perfect like your Father in heaven. If you aren't perfect yet, do not despair, because practice makes perfect.

Comment

What you say makes no sense.

The Bible is a book of prophecy and it is finished.

Comment

2 Timothy 3:16 New King James Version (NKJV)

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
                      I was speaking about prophecies.

Comment

1 Corinthians 13:8 KJV
                        (8) Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

I think it means that although these other gifts or attributes might be of value, they aren't what is going to really last. Ten thousand years from now, will it really matter whether we understood prophecy, or even if we were the vehicle by which it was delivered? The event is fulfilled and the prophecy is forgotten. The gift of being understood in a foreign language may seem mighty and powerful, but that will become irrelevant like your baby's shoes. Love and charity, these are the things that truly matter, these are ageless, these are priceless, these are the heart and mind of God.

GTruth asked about beliefs. Those are my beliefs. God is love, God is perfect love, be ye therefore perfect like your Father in heaven. If you aren't perfect yet, do not despair, because practice makes perfect.
                        I asked about BR's beliefs on prophesies ceasing.

Comment

• Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
                          I am delighted and comforted to know that keypurr officially changed his vote to yes . . . In spirit
                          Thou should not lie friend, to break one commandment is to break them all.

I can never go back to believing in the false trinity doctrine.

I love my God and my Lord to much to do that.
                          Psalm 1[/COLOR] and Job 28:28

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

Comment

• Keypurr, Christ means God. There is only One God, and He is the Father. Jesus is that One God and Father come in the flesh as a Son.

Comment

What you say makes no sense.

The Bible is a book of prophecy and it is finished.
                              No more prophets? What about this?

Ephesians 4

And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;.For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

Comment

• Originally posted by marhig View Post
                                No more prophets? What about this?

Ephesians 4

And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;*For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:*
                                That is for during the New Testament times.

Comment

Working...
                                X