The Trinity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rosenritter View Post
    If you are saying that God knows everything that we will do before we were created, then we cannot have free will, because it is already written. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
    What? You mean like how god can't make a triangle have five sides?

Our limits and perspectives are not those of GOD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosenritter View Post
      2 Peter 3:9 KJV
      (9) The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Luke 13:3 KJV
      (3) I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Ezekiel 33:11 KJV
      (11) Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

Not so omnipotent that he can make someone repent of their own free will. Not so omniscient that he can know what a free willed creature will decide before it even exists. God may be omnipotent, but it doesn't mean he gets everything he wants. By definition, you cannot force someone to love you of their own free will.
      That's what i said, but did you miss the words of your own quote?

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Do you think punishment is for repentance of the soul or do you regard it as eternal destruction? Don't you know that even the fallen angels are in the pit for but a term?

GOD is not slack concerning HIS promise.

We know literally all things will be reconsiled to GOD, by HIS Word that is truth and promise.

Comment

• Originally posted by marhig View Post
        Yes but Jesus had a choice. He could have done his will if he wished, as can we, And he also said that he had a will, your bank account has no will.

But Jesus chose to do the will of the Father who sent him. Thus he's not the father and the father is his God, Christ Jesus even followed commandments given to him. He wouldn't have been given commandments from God. If he was God.

And it's clearly written in the bible, by the apostles "the God and father OF our Lord Jesus Christ.

I have to believe what's written, and Jesus himself even called God his God and father, and he called the father the only true God. So why shouldn't I believe him?
        Jesus reveals himself to those he chooses to reveal himself.

Obviously he has not chosen to reveal himself to you.

The scriptures show us Jesus is God.

But many will fight against what is plainly written.

Comment

• Originally posted by popsthebuilder View Post
          What? You mean like how god can't make a triangle have five sides?

Our limits and perspectives are not those of GOD.
          I can hardly believe that Rosenritter is preaching that just because God knows what all will do even before they are born that it means they do not have freewill.

Comment

• Originally posted by God's Truth View Post
            Jesus reveals himself to those he chooses to reveal himself.

Obviously he has not chosen to reveal himself to you.

The scriptures show us Jesus is God.

But many will fight against what is plainly written.
            And Jesus plainly says that God is his God and father, maybe it is you who needs revelation?

Comment

And Jesus plainly says that God is his God and father, maybe it is you who needs revelation?
              God the Father came as a Man. What do you want Jesus the Man to teach us? That does not make him not God.

Comment

God the Father came as a Man. What do you want Jesus the Man to teach us? That does not make him not God.
                God the Father did not come as a man. You serve a deluded God. I serve this one;

Matthew 3:16-17 King James Version (KJV)

16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
                He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

Comment

If Jesus has a father and he was sent by that father, he also he lived by the fathers will, and he prayed to the father, and without the father he said he could do nothing, and he said the father is greater than he, then he's not the father, the father was in and through him by the power of the Holy Spirit. Jesus had a will, and chose to do the will of God, and left us a perfect example for us to follow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
                    God the Father did not come as a man. You serve a deluded God. I serve this one;

Matthew 3:16-17 King James Version (KJV)

16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
                    There are three and the three are one and the same.

God is Spirit and the Holy Spirit descended upon Christ Jesus whose Spirit is the Holy Spirit.

There are not three different entities making one God.

Comment

If Jesus has a father and he was sent by that father, he also he lived by the fathers will, and he prayed to the father, and without the father he said he could do nothing, and he said the father is greater than he, then he's not the father, the father was in and through him by the power of the Holy Spirit. Jesus had a will, and chose to do the will of God, and left us a perfect example for us to follow.
                      There is only one God and He is the Father. He came as a Man. He did not pretend to come as a Man.

Jesus' Spirit is the Spirit of God. Jesus raised himself from the dead. Jesus is exactly the same as the Father, no difference.

Comment

• BR and Marhig,

Since you both say Jesus is not the Father, and you both say Jesus is not the Spirit, explain to me who is the Rider on the white horse in Revelation 19?

Comment

There are three and the three are one and the same.

God is Spirit and the Holy Spirit descended upon Christ Jesus whose Spirit is the Holy Spirit.

There are not three different entities making one God.
                          You don't believe in the Trinity, I don't believe a word you have to say.

Jim Elliot

Comment

You don't believe in the Trinity, I don't believe a word you have to say.
                            Who is the Rider on the white horse?

Comment

Who is the Rider on the white horse?
                              Revelation 6:8 King James Version (KJV)

8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Jim Elliot

Comment

Revelation 6:8 King James Version (KJV)

8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
                                No, BR, who is the Rider on the white horse in Revelation 19.

And please, don't just post the scripture. Tell me who is the Rider.

Comment

Working...
                                X