Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is marital rape scripturally defensible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by intojoy View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eek!

A black person!

Comment

• I miss intojoy's wingnuttery :sigh :

Comment

• It is never excusable. No is no.
        He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

Comment

• Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
          It is never excusable. No is no.
          In a Christian marriage, it's not only never excusable, it's impossible

in a non-christian marriage, who cares?

Comment

• I haven't read this entire thread as it's just too long to read.

Ephesians 5:22Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
            23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
            24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
            25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
            26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
            27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
            28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
            29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
            30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
            31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
            Now just where in this passage does the Bible approve of rape? Rape is a crime that isn't about sex, but about asserting power over another person. It's about domination, not sex. That has been proven many times through interviews with convicted rapists.

So where in our relationship with God does He use overwhelming force against us? Where does He use force on us to at all? He uses love, compassion, kindness, etc... to draw us to Him. IOWs, God uses exactly the opposite concepts of rape in His dealings with us. Then He tells us, through Paul, to deal that same way with our wives.

Men are told in the above passage of scripture to love their wives as Jesus loves His church, and to love their wives as they love themselves. Does that mean that men really want to be forced to do things against their own will by God? Is that kind of idea/behavior what Paul is really teaching here? I don't see it in the least. As a husband and wife are one flesh, does a husband so despise his own flesh that he can justify committing a crime based in domination against his own wife? How does that fit into that passage of scripture?

I find the thinking that a husband cannot be guilty of raping his own wife extremely bizarre. I find it completely unsupported in scripture too. God doesn't tell us to physically dominate others around us. He says love thy neighbor, do good to those who despitefully use you. Does that not include a man's wife also? It's pretty bizarre to think it doesn't. I don't know how beating up your wife in a rape fits God's injunctions to us at all for rapists use extremely violent methods in the rapes they commit.

I didn't really think this site could get this bizarre, but it has.
            “Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.”
            ― Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

“One and God make a majority.”
            ― Frederick Douglass

Comment

• Originally posted by ffreeloader View Post

I didn't really think this site could get this bizarre, but it has.
              there was, for a time, a large contingent of noisy feminists active on the site

the OP was by one of them

and while feminists don't have a monopoly on bizarre, they certainly have mastered the form

Comment

• Originally posted by ffreeloader View Post
                Now just where in this passage does the Bible approve of rape?
                It doesn't.
                Originally posted by ffreeloader View Post
                Rape is a crime that isn't about sex
                That is just silly.
                If there was no sex involved, it wouldn't be rape.
                , but about asserting power over another person. It's about domination, not sex. That has been proven many times through interviews with convicted rapists.
                The amount of confirmation bias that lead to that conclusion is astounding.

I find the thinking that a husband cannot be guilty of raping his own wife extremely bizarre.
                That is because you have been brainwashed into accepting a false definition of rape.

Here is a good definition:
                Rape is "A carnal knowledge of a woman not one's wife by force or against her will."

Learn to read what is written.

_____
                The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
                ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

• Not ever!

Jim Elliot

Comment

Not ever!
                    Is a woman sending her husband to prison and condemning him to a lifetime on the Sex Offender List by accusing him of rape scripturally defensible?
                    Learn to read what is written.

_____
                    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
                    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

• Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post

Is a woman sending her husband to prison and condemning him to a lifetime on the Sex Offender List by accusing him of rape scripturally defensible?
                      If a woman says no, she means no!!!

Jim Elliot

Comment

Interesting how you phrased that, as if evidence and a finding of guilt weren't necessary components of conviction.

Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

Comment

• Why is it that some men do not understand that NO means NO? Rhetorical question.
                          No man can come to God except through Christ. (Jn. 14:20)
                          No man can come to Christ unless he comes through the Cross. (Jn. 3:16; Eph. 2:13–18)
                          No man can come to the Cross without a denial of self. (Lk. 9:23–24)

Comment

If a woman says no, she means no!!!
                            Originally posted by lifeisgood View Post
                            Why is it that some men do not understand that NO means NO? Rhetorical question.
                            in a marriage before God, between two members of the body, in which the two have become ONE FLESH, there is no "woman" to say no

there is a married couple, joined into one flesh

can you say no to yourself?

Comment

It doesn't.

That is just silly.
                              If there was no sex involved, it wouldn't be rape.

The amount of confirmation bias that lead to that conclusion is astounding.

That is because you have been brainwashed into accepting a false definition of rape.

Rape is "A carnal knowledge of a woman not one's wife by force or against her will."

So, the guy who goes out and beats a woman half to death is just interested in sex? Really? If all he wanted was sex why not just go find any old loose woman or a prostitute who would give it to him willingly? Instead he will beat a woman so badly she ends up in the hospital. He may even slice her up with his knife, tie her up, gag her, and sometimes go so far as to kill her. And as far as you're concerned that's just a desire for sex.

I'll tell you a story of a woman I know very well. I've been married to her for 38 years. Her ex used to try to smother her with a pillow during sex. He'd forcibly try to penetrate her anally. He'd bite her so hard he'd break her skin. And all of this was against her will. He was a rapist. Pure and simple. He'd tell her he was going to rape her and then set out to do just that.

You're absolutely ignorant. Husbands can and do rape their own wives against the will of the wife and use violence against their own wives. That is in complete violation of the passage I quoted from Ephesians 5.

As for confirmation bias, you're the one guilty of that. Not me. Look to your own self and your own sick perversions because raping one's own wife is about as sick a perversion as there is.
                              “Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.”
                              ― Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

“One and God make a majority.”
                              ― Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post
                                So, is this what you're saying:

Is a woman sending her husband to prison and condemning him to a lifetime on the Sex Offender List by accusing him of [a carnal knowledge of a woman not one's wife by force or against her will] scripturally defensible?
                                Not whose wife? Against whose will?

All my ancestors are human.
                                PS: All your ancestors are human.
                                PPS: To all you cats, dogs, monkeys, and other assorted house pets whose masters are outsourcing the task of TOL post-writing to you (we know who you are )– you may disregard the PS.

Comment

Working...
                                X