Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biological Taxonomy - Kinds vs. Species (Linnaean taxonomy)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Greg Jennings View Post
    You've been shown are false repeatedly.
    The Earth is spherical. Your link explicitly stated so. "The shape of the Geode, as it is called, is nearly a perfect sphere."

    I'll give you one more shot and ask you this: how is a hemisphere a better description of the Earth's shape than egg-shaped?
    The Bible does not describe a "hemisphere." The Earth is not egg-shaped.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Stripe View Post
      The Earth is spherical. Your link explicitly stated so. "The shape of the Geode, as it is called, is nearly a perfect sphere."



      The Bible does not describe a "hemisphere." The Earth is not egg-shaped.
      Let your endless ignoring of facts and answers contradictory to your belief system commence.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Greg Jennings View Post
        Let your endless ignoring of facts and answers contradictory to your belief system commence.
        What facts.

        The Bible actually serves the purpose of saving His sheep by filtering out the rest.

        Luke 22:31 (NIV)
        "Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift you as wheat.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Greg Jennings View Post
          Let your endless ignoring of facts and answers contradictory to your belief system commence.
          The Earth is round.

          I can tell you why.

          Do you know why the Earth is round?
          Where is the evidence for a global flood?
          E≈mc2
          "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

          "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
          -Bob B.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Stripe View Post
            The Earth is round.

            I can tell you why.

            Do you know why the Earth is round?
            Seeing as you've already admitted (correctly) that it isn't perfectly round then I fail to see the point, but go for it

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
              What facts.

              The Bible actually serves the purpose of saving His sheep by filtering out the rest.

              Luke 22:31 (NIV)
              "Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift you as wheat.
              Facts that we as humans have gathered by observing and studying the natural world. Those facts

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Greg Jennings View Post
                Facts that we as humans have gathered by observing and studying the natural world. Those facts
                That remains humans' arrogance.

                How can ancient humans examine to tell the existence of black holes and a round earth?

                Similarly, how can today's human examine to tell the existence of any spiritual truths not lying inside our realm?


                Ancient humans can't reach those scientific truths because their technology is futile about those truths. Similarly, today's technology is futile in reaching any spiritual truths.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
                  That remains humans' arrogance.

                  How can ancient humans examine to tell the existence of black holes and a round earth?

                  Similarly, how can today's human examine to tell the existence of any spiritual truths not lying inside our realm?
                  No one is saying (at least I'm not) that there is no possible spiritual truths lying inside or outside our realm. But if they exist then they aren't measurable, and are therefore only philosophical and not scientific.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Greg Jennings View Post
                    Seeing as you've already admitted (correctly) that it isn't perfectly round then I fail to see the point, but go for it
                    So you're lecturing me (incorrectly) on the shape of the Earth, but you don't know why it is spherical. Great.
                    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
                    E≈mc2
                    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

                    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
                    -Bob B.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Greg Jennings View Post
                      No one is saying (at least I'm not) that there is no possible spiritual truths lying inside or outside our realm. But if they exist then they aren't measurable, and are therefore only philosophical and not scientific.
                      That remains your ignorance.

                      Tell us what you did exactly a year ago on Oct 09, 2014. How measurable is that, or are you simply not present that day for any truth to exist?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Stripe View Post
                        So you're lecturing me (incorrectly) on the shape of the Earth, but you don't know why it is spherical. Great.
                        I can tell you why it is. But that's not what you asked. You asked me if I would hear your explanation. I said yes, and now you're trying to somehow use that against me.

                        Everyone sees through that charade, Stripe

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
                          That remains your ignorance.
                          If you say so

                          Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
                          Tell us what you did exactly a year ago on Oct 09, 2014. How measurable is that, or are you simply not present that day for any truth to exist?
                          I don't know off the top of my head. But by looking at different things around the house and internet I can gather enough evidence to give you an answer as to what I was doing and that I certainly existed. Which is exactly how scientists use evidence to discover things in the past. Obviously they don't use the Internet and things around my house, but they use data and observation of the natural world
                          Last edited by Greg Jennings; October 9th, 2015, 10:35 AM. Reason: Addition for clarity's sake

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Greg Jennings View Post
                            I can tell you why it is.
                            Great. Please proceed.

                            After you describe the force that is making the Earth spherical, we can compare it with the factors that make it egg-shaped or pear-shaped. Then once you've settled on which non-spherical shape you think the Earth is, we can compare the forces involved. Whichever force is greater, that's the shape we will go with.

                            Deal?
                            Where is the evidence for a global flood?
                            E≈mc2
                            "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

                            "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
                            -Bob B.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Greg Jennings View Post
                              If you say so



                              I don't know off the top of my head. But by looking at different things around the house and internet I can gather enough evidence to give you an answer. Which is exactly how scientists use evidence to discover things in the past.
                              No. In your life you never present evidence like that to tell others what you did. Others will not demand your evidence to get to the truth. They rely on faith in you to accept what you said about what you did.

                              That's the reality you are living!

                              Only in specific scenarios that a difference than this will be made. Science happens to be one of these scenarios.


                              Moreover, human history as a category of truth is mostly unsupported by evidence. History is basically a mixture of human witnessing. You need faith or no truth can be presented.

                              That's the reality you are living!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Stripe View Post
                                Great. Please proceed.

                                After you describe the force that is making the Earth spherical, we can compare it with the factors that make it egg-shaped or pear-shaped. Then once you've settled on which non-spherical shape you think the Earth is, we can compare the forces involved. Whichever force is greater, that's the shape we will go with.

                                Deal?
                                No deal. I gave you NASA's testimony that the Earth is egg-shaped. I don't pretend to think I know better than they.

                                On why the Earth is round: it's the same reason all celestial objects with a certain amount of mass are - gravity! When you get enough matter together then gravity compacts it together. Because of the force constantly pushing in you tend to get spherical or spheroid shapes for these celestial bodies

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X