Who was 1 Peter written to?

turbosixx

What do you mean? How does the text read (to you)?

There is no how does it read "to me". I only know what it says.

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

turbosixx

My question is now how does the text (the book of Romans, the epistle or letter to the Romans written by Paul) answer this your question?

I was hoping you knew, I don't see another advantage. The gospel is to them first but I don't see how that is an advantage because the gospel is for all and it has long since been delivered to them first.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I was hoping you knew, I don't see another advantage. The gospel is to them first but I don't see how that is an advantage because the gospel is for all and it has long since been delivered to them first.

Are you asking about Paul's words?

turbosixx

Are you asking about Paul's words?

Yes

1Then what advantage has the Jew? Or what is the benefit of circumcision? 2 Great in every respect. First of all, that they were entrusted with the oracles of God.

I don't see a second of all, I was hoping you could show me.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes

1Then what advantage has the Jew? Or what is the benefit of circumcision? 2 Great in every respect. First of all, that they were entrusted with the oracles of God.

I don't see a second of all, I was hoping you could show me.

Paul does say "first of all".

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It has now been revealed and everyone has it now.

Am I correct in assuming you place special significance on someone be a Jew physically?

Why not? Scripture reveals that God chose them as His own. But the verse we were looking at says an advantage of being a Jew.

turbosixx

Why not? Scripture reveals that God chose them as His own. But the verse we were looking at says an advantage of being a Jew.

Chose them OT. NT Christians are God's chosen.

9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God's own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; 10 for you once were not a people, but now you are the people of God; you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Chose them OT. NT Christians are God's chosen.

9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God's own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; 10 for you once were not a people, but now you are the people of God; you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

1 Peter 2:12 NASB - 12 Keep your behavior excellent among the Gentiles, so that in the thing in which they slander you as evildoers, they may because of your good deeds, as they observe them, glorify God in the day of visitation.

It was written to believers. There is no jew or gentile in Christ. Gentile there refers to non believers.