Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matthew 12:40

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Right Divider,

    re: "You're still not understanding the Hebrew idiom whereby any part of a day is a day."

    And I point out in post #9 that I agree, but that is not the issue for the purpose of the OP.


    re: "You're stuck on the 24 hour thing."

    Actually, you're the one that's stuck on the 24 hour thing. I've said nothing about 24 hours.

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
      Can you please show me a verse where that is used? You never give any references so that we can follow along.
      Luke 23:54.

      Comment


      • #93
        We can go through the crucifixion, entombment, and resurrection of Jesus if you want. I'm game.

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by False Prophet View Post
          Jesus died before Good Friday.
          When did he die?

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by rstrats View Post
            genuineoriginal,

            re: "The days we call Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are the three days and three nights, according to Ignatius."

            I don't see where Ignatius provides an example from the time when the Gospels were written or before which shows a phrase stating a certain number of days and/or a certain number of nights to be contained in a period of time when the period of time absolutely couldn't have included at least parts of the specified number of days and at least parts of the specified number of nights.
            So, you don't see how a writer from the first century who states that Jesus died late on Friday, was in the grave all of Saturday, and rose early on Sunday uses the phrase "three days and three nights" when there are only two nights between Friday afternoon and Sunday morning?

            Irregardless of whether it was an idiom or not, all the records from the first century about the crucifixion describe it as Jesus dying a Friday afternoon and Jesus rising on a Sunday morning.

            The modern theory that Jesus really died on a Wednesday afternoon and rose on a Saturday afternoon is not supported by any historical documents.
            Learn to read what is written.

            _____
            The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
            ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post
              Irregardless of whether it was an idiom or not, all the records from the first century about the crucifixion describe it as Jesus dying a Friday afternoon and Jesus rising on a Sunday morning.
              Do you know what the sign was that identified Jesus as being the Christ?

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by jamie View Post
                Do you know what the sign was that identified Jesus as being the Christ?
                There are more signs than one.
                Learn to read what is written.

                _____
                The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
                ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post
                  There are more signs than one.
                  But He answered and said to them, "An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.

                  "For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth." (Matthew 12:39-40)

                  When Jesus said no sign except..., how many more signs do you think he gave?

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Lazarus first sign to "Israel"

                    Jesus second sign to "Israel"

                    Two Witnesses of Tribulation third sign to "Israel"

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by jamie View Post
                      But He answered and said to them, "An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.

                      "For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth." (Matthew 12:39-40)

                      When Jesus said no sign except..., how many more signs do you think he gave?
                      The fact that the writers of the scriptures couldn't get their story straight on the resurrection is not a good sign.

                      Did Jesus die on the Passover or feast on the Passover?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by WoundedEgo View Post
                        Did Jesus die on the Passover or feast on the Passover?
                        Jesus died at about 3 PM Hebrew time on Nisan 14, a Wednesday.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jamie View Post
                          Jesus died at about 3 PM Hebrew time on Nisan 14, a Wednesday.
                          So when did he celebrate the Passover seder?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by WoundedEgo View Post
                            So when did he celebrate the Passover seder?
                            Jesus observed his Passover the evening he was betrayed which was the evening that began the 14th. The next morning he was condemned, beaten, and crucified. He was laid in a tomb just as the 15th began at sundown. He was resurrected 72 hours later as Sunday began.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by jamie View Post
                              Jesus observed his Passover the evening he was betrayed which was the evening that began the 14th. The next morning he was condemned, beaten, and crucified. He was laid in a tomb just as the 15th began at sundown. He was resurrected 72 hours later as Sunday began.
                              The evening of Nisan 14 (sounds like 2014 model of the popular Japanese car) all the lambs would have been killed.

                              But before they could prepare dinner they were already into Nisan 14:

                              Mar 14:12 And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover, his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by WoundedEgo View Post
                                But before they could prepare dinner they were already into Nisan 14:

                                Mar 14:12 And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover, his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover?
                                The Mosaic Passover was the next afternoon, the afternoon of the 14th.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X