Is the doctrine of Eternal Conscious Torment biblical or not?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I agree with Christ, have you read His words?

Do you think that everyone who disagrees with you is slithering? How arrogant of you. Apparently you are under the impression that you are infallible. Do you think that you are actually God? You must, because you believe that anyone who dares to disagree with you is "slithering". You've accused me of a lot of stuff. But you have not shown any proof of your accusations. Do you know that Satan is called the Accuser of the Brethren? When you accuse Christians of "slithering", you are doing the work of Satan for him. It is not good to side with Satan.

"depart from Me ye cursed into everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels"...these will depart into everlasting punishment

These are the words of Christ...do you agree with them?

Timotheos

When you report me and hope to get me banned as you do it is a way of slithering because you cannot answer the words of Christ.

You are not Christ.

I reported your post because it was a false accusation and it was offensive. Do you expect to just get away with falsely accusing me?

You have not shown any scripture that I disagree with. I do not disagree with Jesus Christ, I completely agree with him.

I asked you nicely to take back your false accusation, but you refused. So I reported it. If you don't want to be reported for bad behavior, improve your behavior. Start acting like a true Christian.

Timotheos

"depart from Me ye cursed into everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels"...these will depart into everlasting punishment

These are the words of Christ...do you agree with them?

Yes I do. The everlasting fire consumes whatever is put into it. The eternal punishment is death.

The way is wide that leads to DESTRUCTION. These are Christ's words. Do you agree with Him or are you prepared to correct Him and claim that that the way is wide that leads to eternal non-destruction and torment in hell. Jesus said to fear the one who can DESTROY both body and soul in Gehenna. Do you agree with Him or do you claim that the soul is not destroyed but kept forever in eternal conscious torment?

You are the one who is disagreeing with Jesus Christ and slithering around the truth.

Aimiel

You are wrong. According to the Bible the wages of sin is death, not eternal conscious torment. There is no scripture supporting your false belief in ECT.
Deny. Deny. Deny. I guess you don't need twelve-steps since you have your three. :rotfl:

Timotheos

Deny. Deny. Deny. I guess you don't need twelve-steps since you have your three. :rotfl:

Your behavior is typical of those who believe in Eternal Conscious Torment. You don't believe the Bible, you can only put me down.

SHOW ME the scripture that you falsely claim that I deny. You can't. There is not one verse in the Bible that says that the lost go to Hell when they die where they are to be tortured alive forever while they are dead. Your claim that the Bible says this is completely false. Your claim that I deny scripture is completely false and a complete lie. You can't show even one verse that I have denied. I've shown you many verses that directly refute your false doctrine, but you have not addressed any of them.

You don't know what you are talking about, and you can only resort to insults. Insulting me does not prove that you are correct. Show me the Chapter and Verse that backs up your false doctrine.

Timotheos

In the parable of Dives and Lazarus we see that the wicked was in torment and conscious.

This is wrong on so many levels.

First of all, the parable of Lazarus and Dives is not talking about final punishment, since you can see that the brothers are still alive.

Secondly, this is a parable. The details of a parable are not didactic. The parable is not a teaching about final judgment.

You have claimed that I slither around the truth, but you haven't shown any evidence that I have done this. We just disagree about the final fate of the wicked. Why can't we discuss this without name calling? I want you to take back your false accusation that I slither around the truth. The accusation is a bald faced lie anyway.

Timotheos

According to the Bible, the wages of sin is death.

You guys can deny this until Jesus Christ returns, but you can not change the truth. The wages of sin is death, not eternal conscious torment. ECT is a false and unbiblical doctrine.

End of Story.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
This is wrong on so many levels.

First of all, the parable of Lazarus and Dives is not talking about final punishment, since you can see that the brothers are still alive.
It was final, for a great gulf was fixed which could not be breached.
Secondly, this is a parable. The details of a parable are not didactic.
Jesus taught that His parables were truths hidden since the foundation of the world...to those outside they are truths in parables to us is given to understand the mystery of the kingdom of God.

You think He would teach a lie to establish a truth?

The parable is not a teaching about final judgment.
It's final for if they heard not Moses an the prophets neither will they heed if someone were to rise from the dead.

You have claimed that I slither around the truth, but you haven't shown any evidence that I have done this. We just disagree about the final fate of the wicked. Why can't we discuss this without name calling? I want you to take back your false accusation that I slither around the truth. The accusation is a bald faced lie anyway.
What lesson is teaching to the rich man? that he will sleep forever?

Timotheos

This is what you are basing your accusation that I "slither around the truth" on???

Because I believe the whole Bible and not your out of context proof texts? The parable of Dives is a parable, designed to teach one point. It was not a description of hell. If you can't support your belief that the wages of sin is eternal life in hell without resorting to a parable, you need to rethink your theology. The bible says plainly that the wages of sin is death, the penalty is destruction, the wicked will perish, they will be destroyed, and they will be no more. What is the sense in denying what the bible plainly teaches? And what is the sense in falsely accusing me of "slithering around the truth" because of my faith in what the Bible says?

Timotheos

What lesson is teaching to the rich man? that he will sleep forever?

If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.

Jesus did rise from the dead, and they still did not believe.

The point of the parable is not the conditions of Hades. Hades is not Hell anyway.

Timotheos

Did Jesus teach that the beggar was carried into Abraham' bosom while the rich lifted up his eyes in torment?
Okay, beggars go into Abraham's chest cavity. Do you see the problems inherent in taking the details of a parable literally?

You certainly are stubborn. According to the Bible, the wages of sin is death, not eternal conscious torment. Do you deny this?

Last edited:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.

Jesus did rise from the dead, and they still did not believe.

The point of the parable is not the conditions of Hades. Hades is not Hell anyway.

Surely this is to slither around the truth for it teachs that the man clothed in purple lifted up his eyes in torment...why would Jesus say it if it were not truth?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Matt:25 and the story of Lazarus and Dives explain what perish means.

But if you will not hear the words of the Son of God who is risen from the dead.......