Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most Christians sin when they pray

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Most Christians sin when they pray

    Most Christians sin against Hebrews 4:16 when they pray: "Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace..." The verse commands us to come boldly. But what word do we constantly hear in our churches, bible studies, prayer groups, etc? We constantly hear that annoying word, "just." "Father, we just ask this and we just ask that. "Just" is a very timid word. If you use that word when you pray, please stop.
    WARNING: Graphic video here.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Jefferson View Post
    Most Christians sin against Hebrews 4:16 when they pray: "Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace..." The verse commands us to come boldly. But what word do we constantly hear in our churches, bible studies, prayer groups, etc? We constantly hear that annoying word, "just." "Father, we just ask this and we just ask that. "Just" is a very timid word. If you use that word when you pray, please stop.
    This is exactly the type of confusion that comes from not rightly dividing the Word of Truth.

    The book TO the Hebrews has much that we can learn from, but to attempt to directly apply it to the body of Christ is totally wrong.

    Heb 4:11 KJV Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
    This does NOT apply to the body of Christ. We do NOT "labor to enter that rest".
    All of my ancestors are human.
    Originally posted by Squeaky
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Originally posted by God's Truth
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Jefferson View Post
      Most Christians sin against Hebrews 4:16 when they pray: "Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace..." The verse commands us to come boldly. But what word do we constantly hear in our churches, bible studies, prayer groups, etc? We constantly hear that annoying word, "just." "Father, we just ask this and we just ask that. "Just" is a very timid word. If you use that word when you pray, please stop.
      Haha nice... not sure being shy or timid or having a healthy Fear of Yah is a sin...but I like what you are getting at...

      maybe it is because Christians do feel as if they are NOT holy or cleansed or walking right with Him and feel a request a-bit too indulgent?

      some here in TOL even get so MAD (look up mid Acts dispensarionalism) at a concern to do things properly they even argue, as Satan himself does, “oh sure I believe...I just don’t obey...all that is NOT FOR ME”

      They toss out what is for us with the same spirit and attitude of a thuggish punk throwing out litter from his car. “That’s old trash...not for me”

      for me my concern is that we mail our prayers to the wrong Name...

      “dear god” is a title even pagans address their prayers to...

      hallowed be Thy Name is quite specific and unique...
      Last edited by clefty; July 8, 2020, 12:15 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Right Divider View Post

        This is exactly the type of confusion that comes from not rightly dividing the Word of Truth.

        The book TO the Hebrews has much that we can learn from, but to attempt to directly apply it to the body of Christ is totally wrong.


        This does NOT apply to the body of Christ. We do NOT "labor to enter that rest".
        The scripture says we have to believe. We have to believe that we have to obey this man called Jesus the Christ.

        John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

        Just imagine the Jews believing they have to obey God, but now someone comes along and says they are the son of God and you now have to go through him, and obey him.

        Jesus says if you believe and obey him then you will be saved.
        Oh how I love the Word of God!

        Don't just hear the word and believe it---do it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by God's Truth View Post

          The scripture says we have to believe. We have to believe that we have to obey this man called Jesus the Christ.

          John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

          Just imagine the Jews believing they have to obey God, but now someone comes along and says they are the son of God and you now have to go through him, and obey him.

          Jesus says if you believe and obey him then you will be saved.
          Get saved.
          All of my ancestors are human.
          Originally posted by Squeaky
          That explains why your an idiot.
          Originally posted by God's Truth
          Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
          Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
          (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

          1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
          (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

          Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Right Divider View Post

            Get saved.
            Jesus Christ saved me. I have a powerful testimony.
            Oh how I love the Word of God!

            Don't just hear the word and believe it---do it.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by God's Truth View Post
              I have a powerful testimony.
              And what is it? "I was banned from TOL, but now I'm back!"



              What evidence do you have to support your claim that what you call "evidence" is evidence?

              MAGA (Masking America's Gullible Apes)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by God's Truth View Post

                Jesus Christ saved me. I have a powerful testimony.
                You say that He saved you because you were "obedient". Can you not see how self-centered that is?

                Christ saved me despite the fact that I cannot perfectly obey Him. His GRACE is what saves ME... you are not saved because you want to work for your salvation. You believe that Jesus did not do it ALL. You think that you need to "pitch in".

                Your "powerful testimony" is a fraud. Saved BY GRACE through FAITH is the correct answer.

                You are a boaster that needs to humble yourself before God.
                All of my ancestors are human.
                Originally posted by Squeaky
                That explains why your an idiot.
                Originally posted by God's Truth
                Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
                Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
                (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

                1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
                (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

                Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 7djengo7 View Post

                  And what is it? "I was banned from TOL, but now I'm back!"


                  Why are you trying to make fun of me for saying Jesus saved me?
                  Oh how I love the Word of God!

                  Don't just hear the word and believe it---do it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Right Divider View Post

                    You say that He saved you because you were "obedient". Can you not see how self-centered that is?
                    So according to you it is wrong to do what Jesus says?

                    Originally posted by Right Divider View Post

                    Christ saved me despite the fact that I cannot perfectly obey Him.
                    If you sin then you are to repent of it and work it out and train yourself. Did you ask Jesus for help?

                    Originally posted by Right Divider View Post

                    His GRACE is what saves ME...
                    Grace is that we don't don't have to do all the purification works just to go to the temple were God's Spirit was.

                    Grace is that Jesus washes us and we become the temple.

                    Grace doesn't mean no one has to obey God, or that we only have to have faith, or any other way you want to spin it.
                    Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
                    you are not saved because you want to work for your salvation.
                    Jesus saved me because I did what he says to do. It was light and easy and not burdensome.

                    Originally posted by Right Divider View Post

                    You believe that Jesus did not do it ALL. You think that you need to "pitch in".
                    Jesus does it all on his own, and he says he does it for those who believe and obey him.

                    Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
                    Your "powerful testimony" is a fraud.
                    I have a powerful testimony of when I was saved.
                    Originally posted by Right Divider View Post

                    Saved BY GRACE through FAITH is the correct answer.
                    We have to have faith that what Jesus tells us is true.
                    Originally posted by Right Divider View Post

                    You are a boaster that needs to humble yourself before God.
                    If I had not obeyed and humbled myself, Jesus wouldn't have saved me.
                    Oh how I love the Word of God!

                    Don't just hear the word and believe it---do it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by God's Truth View Post

                      So according to you it is wrong to do what Jesus says?
                      Why do you ALWAYS try to LIE about what I say?

                      That is EVIL!

                      We SHOULD ALWAYS obey Jesus.... but nobody does that perfectly. That is why we NEED His GRACE to be saved.

                      Get a Bible and read all about it.

                      Eph 2:8-9 KJV For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: (9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.
                      All of my ancestors are human.
                      Originally posted by Squeaky
                      That explains why your an idiot.
                      Originally posted by God's Truth
                      Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
                      Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
                      (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

                      1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
                      (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

                      Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Right Divider View Post


                        We SHOULD ALWAYS obey Jesus.... but nobody does that perfectly. That is why we NEED His GRACE to be saved.

                        Get a Bible and read all about it.


                        there ya go!...that's wut I'm talkin' 'bout!!...HalleluYah

                        It's a gift...made for man...like so many other things...sadly rejected...this planet...life...women...prayer...hmmm what else?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
                          Why do you ALWAYS try to LIE about what I say?

                          That is EVIL!
                          I don't lie.

                          Originally posted by Right Divider View Post

                          We SHOULD ALWAYS obey Jesus....
                          That is right, and he says he saves those who believes and obeys him.

                          Originally posted by Right Divider View Post

                          but nobody does that perfectly. That is why we NEED His GRACE to be saved.
                          Grace isn't about you not obeying perfectly.

                          Grace goes to those WHO REPENT OF THEIR SINS AND BELIEVE JESUS' BLOOD WASHES them away and for you to call on him.

                          Originally posted by Right Divider View Post

                          Get a Bible and read all about it.
                          I have given you scriptures for years showing you that Jesus says what to do to be the one he saves, but you go against it.

                          John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command.
                          Oh how I love the Word of God!

                          Don't just hear the word and believe it---do it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by God's Truth View Post

                            I don't lie.
                            Yes, you do... all the time.

                            Originally posted by God's Truth View Post
                            That is right, and he says he saves those who believes and obeys him.
                            Nope... BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH... and that NOT OF YOURSELVES... it is THE GIFT OF GOD.

                            Originally posted by God's Truth View Post

                            I have given you scriptures for years showing you that Jesus says what to do to be the one he saves, but you go against it.

                            John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command.
                            You ALWAYS revert BACK to a CIRCUMCISION apostle.... Paul is the apostle that preached the gospel of the GRACE OF GOD.

                            The other apostle barely even mention grace. It's missing completely from Matthew and Mark. Christ is not recorded in the "gospels" as ever even using the word.

                            Paul uses the word GRACE 91 times!

                            Paul is also the only person in scripture to talk about the gospel of the grace of God.

                            If you cannot see the different.... you are blind.
                            All of my ancestors are human.
                            Originally posted by Squeaky
                            That explains why your an idiot.
                            Originally posted by God's Truth
                            Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
                            Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
                            (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

                            1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
                            (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

                            Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
                              Yes, you do... all the time.


                              Nope... BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH... and that NOT OF YOURSELVES... it is THE GIFT OF GOD.
                              The works of the law no one has to do anymore are the PURIFICATION WORKS.

                              You don't have to do these works:


                              The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.


                              Purification is not done by the person anymore.

                              Jesus does the purifying now.

                              Jesus purifies those he chooses to purify, and he chooses those who come to him in faith and REPENTANCE OF SINS.

                              Originally posted by Right Divider View Post

                              You ALWAYS revert BACK to a CIRCUMCISION apostle.... Paul is the apostle that preached the gospel of the GRACE OF GOD.
                              Paul was circumcised too.

                              Originally posted by Right Divider View Post

                              The other apostle barely even mention grace. It's missing completely from Matthew and Mark. Christ is not recorded in the "gospels" as ever even using the word.
                              Jesus was full of grace and came with grace, and that was spoken about in the "gospels", but you belittle it.


                              Originally posted by Right Divider View Post

                              Paul uses the word GRACE 91 times!

                              Paul is also the only person in scripture to talk about the gospel of the grace of God.

                              If you cannot see the different.... you are blind.
                              Paul has more writings than anyone---so no doubt he mentioned grace so much more, AND, you would think you would understand it since he spoke of it so much, but you don't.
                              Oh how I love the Word of God!

                              Don't just hear the word and believe it---do it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X