RANSOM FOR MANY OR ALL ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DougE View Post

Why do you think that Paul is the only apostle that had the mystery fully known revealed to him???

The mystery was revealed to Paul because that is what is stated by him Ephesians 3:3

Even Paul says it was revealed to the holy apostles and the prophets---there were prophets and holy apostles before Paul.

They were apostles at the time Paul was speaking of, not Peter and the twelve

You are mixed up, because I have been telling you that Paul is not the first apostle to know the one and only gospel, for Peter and the other Apostles to the Lamb knew the one and only gospel first.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

Don't just hear the word and believe it---do it.

Comment

Originally posted by God's Truth View Post

You are mixed up, because I have been telling you that Paul is not the first apostle to know the one and only gospel, for Peter and the other Apostles to the Lamb knew the one and only gospel first.
      What you say and what scripture says are two different things.
      All of my ancestors are human.
      Originally posted by Squeaky
      That explains why your an idiot.
      Originally posted by God's Truth
      Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
      Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
      (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
      (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

Originally posted by Right Divider View Post

What you say and what scripture says are two different things.
        Paul says he is the minister of the one and only gospel, and he quoted Jesus when he made the covenant, and he also had the GENTILE CORINTHIANS do the Lord's supper in remembrance of the covenant.

Comment

Paul says he is the minister of the one and only gospel, and he quoted Jesus when he made the covenant, and he also had the GENTILE CORINTHIANS do the Lord's supper in remembrance of the covenant.
          Always CHANGING the "word" just a little.... twisting.... perverting....

2Co 3:6 KJV Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
          Notice that WE are ALL "able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit:"

Nothing whatsoever about being UNDER the new COVENANT. Jeremiah 31.

(4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

Always CHANGING the "word" just a little.... twisting.... perverting....
            Never ever.

Notice that WE are ALL "able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit:"

Nothing whatsoever about being UNDER the new COVENANT. Jeremiah 31.
            You left out all those scriptures I gave about Paul quoting Jesus at the last supper when he made the covenant.

Comment

Never ever.

You left out all those scriptures I gave about Paul quoting Jesus at the last supper when he made the covenant.
              Clueless one, I was point out something about THAT SCRIPTURE that I quoted.

I don't need to quote the entire Bible every time.

Two REFERENCES to the new TESTAMENT in THIRTEEN epistles without a SINGLE clear indication of the body of Christ being in a covenant does NOT support your theory.

Comment

Originally posted by DougE View Post
                1 Timothy 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Revealed to Paul, was the mystery, that the sacrificial death of Jesus was a ransom for all who would believe, both Jew and Gentile.

This mystery was not made known to the prophets of the old testament scriptures, neither to the twelve disciples. This mystery was hid in God and not made known to any before being revealed to Paul (Ephesians 3:5 Ephesians 3:9).

Matthew 20:28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Mark 10:45 For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

What was made known in Matthew and Mark above, was that Christ gave his life to ransom many, not all. Christ gave his life to ransom Israel alone, the many. Christ redeemed the iniquities of Israel committed under the old testament (Hebrews 9:15).

Only the mystery revealed the ransom was for all, and was only testified in due time, when revealed to Paul.
                This is simple, He gave Himself for all of the many ! The totality of the many, which many of course was comprised of many from the gentile world also !
                "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
                preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
                called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
                a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

Originally posted by beloved57 View Post

This is simple, He gave Himself for all of the many !
                  Scripture twisting at its finest.

1Ti 2:3-4 KJV For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; (4) Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
                  God wants everyone to be saved, but some refuse and God allows that. So simple.

Comment

Scripture twisting at its finest.

God wants everyone to be saved, but some refuse and God allows that. So simple.
                    You arent speaking for the God of the scripture !

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

You arent speaking for the God of the scripture !
                      I just believe His Word as written... whereas you force a false story upon the Bible.

Comment

I just believe His Word as written... whereas you force a false story upon the Bible.
                        Its simple, The God of scripture is the God of Sovereign discriminating Election.

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

Its simple, The God of scripture is the God of Sovereign discriminating Election.
                          You have a bogus idea of His sovereignty. God gives people choices by His sovereign will.

Comment

You have a bogus idea of His sovereignty. God gives people choices by His sovereign will.
                            Thats not the God of scripture, but the god you have manufactured in your mind.

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

Thats not the God of scripture, but the god you have manufactured in your mind.
                              1Ti 2:3-4 KJV For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; (4) Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
                              1 Timothy 2:3-4 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

3 This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the [a]knowledge of the truth.

Comment

No problem, again all of the many, Gods elect, its elementary

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

Working...
                                X