WHICH CHURCH WAS HEBREWS WRITTEN TO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DougE View Post
    The book of Hebrews was written to the kingdom church, the believing remnant of Israel, undergoing persecution and scattered (Acts 8:1-4).

This book is not written directly to the church today, the body of Christ, although it is most profitable for our understanding. Misunderstanding doctrine in this book can be a snare to the believer and impact assurance of salvation.

Hebrews 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

God spoke in time past unto the fathers of Israel, and the us to whom the Son has spoken to, are the children of Israel.

The book of Hebrews is dealing with "these last days". The last days are spoken of as pertaining to the time in which the Davidic kingdom will be established on earth, in which, Christ will reign upon David's throne from Jerusalem along with the believing remnant of Israel (Isaiah 2:2-3 Luke 12:32).

1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

Christ, by his own blood, entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for believing Israel (Hebrews 9:12). Christ died for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament (Hebrews 9:15).

1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Christ will establish his prophetic kingdom on earth (Psalm 45:6 Isaiah 9:6-7 Daniel 2:44).
    Good insights and I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by fzappa13 View Post
      There is only one Church. Paul would occasionally specify a location or, as in this instance a subject, but as I'm sure you will recall he pointed out that THE (singular) body of Christ is undivided.
      The word Church is from the word Ecclesia, which means "A Called Out Assembly". The Jews who were saved were not the Grace age Church. They were under the Kingdom Gospel, whereas, today we are all under the Gospel of Grace.

Comment

Originally posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post

The word Church is from the word Ecclesia, which means "A Called Out Assembly". The Jews who were saved were not the Grace age Church. They were under the Kingdom Gospel, whereas, today we are all under the Gospel of Grace.
        Jesus came and taught the one and only gospel that saves Jews and Gentiles.
        Oh how I love the Word of God!

Don't just hear the word and believe it---do it.

Comment

Originally posted by God's Truth View Post

You are the one who asked fzappa13 if Acts 19 Is this the 'one Church' ?

Act 19:32 Some therefore cried one thing, and some another: for the assembly[ekklesia] was confused; and the more part knew not wherefore they were come together.

I said it was the assembly of those who believed in the goddess of Ephesus.
          Yes, I did ask him that.
          And the obvious answer is that the 'ekklesia/ assembly/church' in Acts 19 is not the 'ekklesia/assembly/church' which Paul calls 'the body of Christ'.
          Yes, that 'assembly/ekklesia/church' believed in the goddess of Ephesus, which proves my point and my point was and still is... there are various groups of people in the Bible being referred to as 'ekklesia/church/assembly/congregation' and intelligent students of the Bible should recognize the differences between them..

If there is only one 'church' mentioned in the Bible, then the 'assembly/church mentioned in Acts 19 is also the one church, but if the 'assembly/ekklesia/church' mentioned in Acts 19 is not the one 'church/ekklesia', then there is not only one church mentioned in the Bible.
          Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
          Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Comment

Originally posted by steko View Post

Yes, I did ask him that.
            And the obvious answer is that the 'ekklesia/ assembly/church' in Acts 19 is not the 'ekklesia/assembly/church' which Paul calls 'the body of Christ'.
            Yes, that 'assembly/ekklesia/church' believed in the goddess of Ephesus, which proves my point and my point was and still is... there are various groups of people in the Bible being referred to as 'ekklesia/church/assembly/congregation' and intelligent students of the Bible should recognize the differences between them..

If there is only one 'church' mentioned in the Bible, then the 'assembly/church mentioned in Acts 19 is also the one church, but if the 'assembly/ekklesia/church' mentioned in Acts 19 is not the one 'church/ekklesia', then there is not only one church mentioned in the Bible.
            ...but when it comes to being saved and in the body of Christ, there is only one church/body.

If one is not in the body then one is not saved.

Comment

...but when it comes to being saved and in the body of Christ, there is only one church/body.

If one is not in the body then one is not saved.
              True!
              Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
              Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Comment

Originally posted by steko View Post

True!
                This is good to have agreement.

Jesus taught that one and only way to the Jews and for all.

Paul taught the same thing.

Do you still agree?

Comment

Originally posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post

Glad to see the insight of rare differentiation

Comment

This is good to have agreement.

Jesus taught that one and only way to the Jews and for all.

Paul taught the same thing.

Do you still agree?
                    Jesus taught this by revelation to Paul, before that this grace was not made known

Comment

Jesus taught this by revelation to Paul, before that this grace was not made known
                      Jesus taught it when he walked the earth and so did his apostles before Paul.

What on God's earth do you think Peter was doing having that dream and telling the saved Jews that he went to the Gentiles and they received the Holy Spirit just as they all did?

Comment

Peter preached THE GOSPEL to the GENTILES and they received the Holy Spirit just as the Jews did. SAME WAY SAME GOSPEL.

Comment

Jesus taught it when he walked the earth and so did his apostles before Paul.

What on God's earth do you think Peter was doing having that dream and telling the saved Jews that he went to the Gentiles and they received the Holy Spirit just as they all did?
                          Peter was preaching that how by the grace of God, Israel could be forgiven the transgressions committed under the first covenant and be delivered into the kingdom on earth. The Gentiles could be saved through Israel.
                          Paul was preaching that both Jew and Gentile could be justified freely by the redemption of Christ.

Comment

Peter was preaching that how by the grace of God, Israel could be forgiven the transgressions committed under the first covenant and be delivered into the kingdom on earth. The Gentiles could be saved through Israel.
                            Paul was preaching that both Jew and Gentile could be justified freely by the redemption of Christ.
                            You speak some mumbo jumbo. Peter preached THE ONE AND ONLY GOSPEL that saves ALL, EVERYONE, and WHOMEVER.

Peter taught that Jesus forgives those who sinned under the old law and EVERYONE, ALL, EVERYWHERE.
                            The Gentiles could be saved though Israel? You want to be released from your confusion or not?

Comment

You speak some mumbo jumbo. Peter preached THE ONE AND ONLY GOSPEL that saves ALL, EVERYONE, and WHOMEVER.

Peter taught that Jesus forgives those who sinned under the old law and EVERYONE, ALL, EVERYWHERE.
                              The Gentiles could be saved though Israel? You want to be released from your confusion or not?
                              Mark 9:31 For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after that he is killed, he shall rise the third day.

9:32 But they understood not that saying, and were afraid to ask him.

1 Corinthians 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

Compare Mark and 1 Corinthians....how could the twelve be preaching the same gospel as Paul when they didn't understand his death and resurrection?

The twelve were preaching the gospel of the kingdom same as Jesus taught them Mark 1:14-15

Comment

Mark 9:31 For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after that he is killed, he shall rise the third day.

9:32 But they understood not that saying, and were afraid to ask him.

THEY EVENTUALLY UNDERSTOOD IT.

They still taught what Jesus told them to teach!

1 Corinthians 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

Compare Mark and 1 Corinthians....how could the twelve be preaching the same gospel as Paul when they didn't understand his death and resurrection?

The twelve were preaching the gospel of the kingdom same as Jesus taught them Mark 1:14-15
                                They did understand.

John 6:12 "I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear.

John 12:16 At first His disciples did not understand these things, but after Jesus was glorified they remembered what had been done to Him, and they realized that these very things had also been written about Him.

John 2:22 After He was raised from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this. Then they believed the Scripture and the word that Jesus had spoken.

John 14:16 And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Advocate to be with you forever--

John 14:25 All this I have spoken to you while I am still with you.

Comment

Working...
                                X