WHICH CHURCH WAS HEBREWS WRITTEN TO?

DougE

It didn't originate with Paul.

That is right, it did NOT originate from Paul.

That Jesus would die and rise again was conveyed in the prophets of the old testament and was not a mystery revealed to Paul. I misread what you were saying and agree with you on this.
However his death and resurrection was for the transgressions committed by Israel under the first testament (Hebrews 9:15). Matthew 26:28 says Jesus died for many, not all, for the new testament for Israel. It was only later revealed to Paul that it was for all (Romans 5:18 1 Timothy 4:10).

DougE

SALVATION THROUGH JESUS!. Did you want Jesus to come and die first then preach the gospel?

Jesus taught salvation through him. HE is the good news. NO ONE could receive the Holy Spirit until he died. That is what Jesus taught. It was the way for any and all to be saved.

Jesus and the twelve preached salvation by believing on the name of Jesus (John 8:24 Acts 4:12), that Jesus was Christ, the Son of God (John 20:31), nothing of the death and resurrection for justification unto eternal life as preached by Paul (1 Corinthians 15:3-4).

God's Truth

That Jesus would die and rise again was conveyed in the prophets of the old testament and was not a mystery revealed to Paul. I misread what you were saying and agree with you on this.
However his death and resurrection was for the transgressions committed by Israel under the first testament (Hebrews 9:15). Matthew 26:28 says Jesus died for many, not all, for the new testament for Israel. It was only later revealed to Paul that it was for all (Romans 5:18 1 Timothy 4:10).

Jesus died for ALL; he died for the whole world. Even the Samaritans knew Jesus was the Savior of the WORLD.

Deal with this scripture and what I said.

John 4:10
Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water."

God's Truth

That Jesus would die and rise again was conveyed in the prophets of the old testament and was not a mystery revealed to Paul.

Are you kidding? Paul had to have it revealed to him.

Paul HAD TO HEAR the one and only gospel that saves.

It is beyond ignorant for a person to preach Paul taught something different than the other apostles when Paul NEEDED ANANIAS, a Christian Jew to save him.

I misread what you were saying and agree with you on this.
However his death and resurrection was for the transgressions committed by Israel under the first testament (Hebrews 9:15).

That is to those who were under the old law, AND?

The Gentiles needed to be forgiven for their sins too.

What do you think you have disproved?

Matthew 26:28 says Jesus died for many, not all, for the new testament for Israel. It was only later revealed to Paul that it was for all (Romans 5:18 1 Timothy 4:10).

It was for ALL but NOT ALL would be saved.

Jesus said he came first for those who were already saved, and then when he is crucified ALL can come to him to be saved.

NO ONE THOUGH could be saved with the HOLY SPIRIT UNTIL Jesus died and raised, ascended, then sent the Holy Spirit.

God's Truth

Jesus and the twelve preached salvation by believing on the name of Jesus (John 8:24 Acts 4:12), that Jesus was Christ, the Son of God (John 20:31), nothing of the death and resurrection for justification unto eternal life as preached by Paul (1 Corinthians 15:3-4).

Here, your false teachings are rebuked.

NO ONE, not even the Jews Jesus preached to while he walked the earth received the Holy Spirit UNTIL HE DIED, RAISED, and ASCENDED, and SENT the Holy Spirit.

DougE

Are you kidding? Paul had to have it revealed to him.

Paul HAD TO HEAR the one and only gospel that saves.

It is beyond ignorant for a person to preach Paul taught something different than the other apostles when Paul NEEDED ANANIAS, a Christian Jew to save him.

That is to those who were under the old law, AND?

The Gentiles needed to be forgiven for their sins too.

What do you think you have disproved?

It was for ALL but NOT ALL would be saved.

Jesus said he came first for those who were already saved, and then when he is crucified ALL can come to him to be saved.

NO ONE THOUGH could be saved with the HOLY SPIRIT UNTIL Jesus died and raised, ascended, then sent the Holy Spirit.

Paul was not saved by Ananias but by grace (Ephesians 3:8-9)

DougE

Here, your false teachings are rebuked.

NO ONE, not even the Jews Jesus preached to while he walked the earth received the Holy Spirit UNTIL HE DIED, RAISED, and ASCENDED, and SENT the Holy Spirit.

I don't understand your point here

God's Truth

I don't understand your point here

The testament/covenant preached by Jesus was eternal life and being reconciled to God. That couldn't happened until Jesus died, raised, and ascended to heaven. No one received the Holy Spirit until that happened. The Jews received the promised Holy Spirit for the SAME conditions/gospel as the Gentiles did.

God's Truth

Paul DID need Ananias, because Ananias the Christian Jew had to come and tell Paul the gospel.

Paul himself explains how we have to hear to believe.

Our faith comes from HEARING the word, see Romans 10:17. From hearing the word and being TAUGHT, Colossians 1:5, 7. From continuing in what we have been CONVINCED of, see 2 Timothy 3:14, and being PERSUADED, 2 Corinthians 5:11.

Jesus did NOT save Paul on the road to Damascus.

Paul had to do what Jesus said to do.

Paul had to believe, obey and REPENT OF HIS SINS.

God's Truth

Paul wasn’t saved yet on that road to Damascus when he finally believed.

Acts 9:6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

Paul was not saved as soon as he believed Jesus on that road to Damascus. This proves faith alone is not a true doctrine. Paul had to find out what he had to do; Jesus told him where to go, Paul obeyed and went. Paul did not eat or drink for three days and he spent that time praying.

Acts 9:9 And he was three days without sight, and neither ate nor drank.

Can you imagine the prayers of Paul?! Paul no doubt was crying and asking God to forgive him for all his sins.

Acts 9:11 The Lord told him, "Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying.

Acts 9:17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

18 And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.

The disciple Ananias put his hands on Paul and he received his sight. Then Paul got up and WAS WATER BAPTIZED after that. This all happened to the praying Paul who no doubt repented of his sins and asked for forgiveness.

Acts 22:16 And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.'

God's Truth

Jesus IS GRACE. Jesus is the one who was full of grace and came with it.

Jesus didn't come later to Paul with grace only for Paul to be distributed by Paul.

Jesus is the good news and taught his grace while he walked the earth.

John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 1:16 Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given.

John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Revelation 1:4 [ Greetings and Doxology ] John, To the seven churches in the province of Asia: Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits before his throne,

Revelation 22:21 The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God’s people. Amen.

We have grace from God by obeying Jesus and repenting of our sins.

God's Truth

DougE

When Jesus came and preached, he didn't preach circumcision of the flesh, he preached against it.

Jesus didn't preach it is to all blood related to Abraham.

The Jews who would get circumcised in the flesh were allowed to be called God's children, but not since Jesus.

John 8

37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.

39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.

41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.

42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?

God's Truth

We are God's children if we do what Jesus says to do.

Jesus SAYS to believe in him and obey his teachings, to repent of your sins.

God's Truth

Paul was saved by believing and obeying Jesus, by repenting of his sins and calling on Jesus.

And that is THE SAME THING Paul taught to Jews and Gentiles.

Acts 9:6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

Acts 9:11 The Lord told him, "Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying.

Acts 22:16 And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name

Paul taught HAVE FAITH AND REPENT.

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

AND HE TAUGHT to CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD.

Acts 9:20 Paul began to preach in the synagogues that Jesus is the Son of God. All those who heard him were astonished and asked, “Isn’t he the man who raised havoc in Jerusalem among those who call on this name? And hasn’t he come here to take them as prisoners to the chief priests?

Acts 2:21 And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

Acts 9:14 And now he is here with authority from the chief priests to arrest all who call on Your name.

Acts 9:21 But all that heard him were amazed, and said; Is not this he that destroyed them which called on this name in Jerusalem, and came hither for that intent, that he might bring them bound unto the chief priests?

Acts 9:20 Paul began to preach in the synagogues that Jesus is the Son of God. All those who heard him were astonished and asked, “Isn’t he the man who raised havoc in Jerusalem among those who call on this name? And hasn’t he come here to take them as prisoners to the chief priests?

Romans 10:13 for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

Romans 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

1 Corinthians 1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:

2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless, God's solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: "The Lord knows those who are his," and, "Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness."

2 Timothy 2:22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

Paul taught the same one and only gospel to all, the same gospel he was saved by.

Believe, repent, and call on Jesus.

Last edited:

DougE

Paul DID need Ananias, because Ananias the Christian Jew had to come and tell Paul the gospel.

Paul himself explains how we have to hear to believe.

Our faith comes from HEARING the word, see Romans 10:17. From hearing the word and being TAUGHT, Colossians 1:5, 7. From continuing in what we have been CONVINCED of, see 2 Timothy 3:14, and being PERSUADED, 2 Corinthians 5:11.

Jesus did NOT save Paul on the road to Damascus.

Paul had to do what Jesus said to do.

Paul had to believe, obey and REPENT OF HIS SINS.

Paul did hear the word Acts 9:4-5
Ananias did not give him the gospel and already called Paul brother Acts 9:17

DougE

Paul was saved by believing and obeying Jesus, by repenting of his sins and calling on Jesus.

And that is THE SAME THING Paul taught to Jews and Gentiles.

Acts 22:16 And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name

Paul taught HAVE FAITH AND REPENT.

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

AND HE TAUGHT to CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD.

Acts 2:21 And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

Acts 9:14 And now he is here with authority from the chief priests to arrest all who call on Your name.

Acts 9:21 But all that heard him were amazed, and said; Is not this he that destroyed them which called on this name in Jerusalem, and came hither for that intent, that he might bring them bound unto the chief priests?

Romans 10:13 for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

Romans 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

1 Corinthians 1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:

2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless, God's solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: "The Lord knows those who are his," and, "Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness."

2 Timothy 2:22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

Paul taught the same one and only gospel to all, the same gospel he was saved by.

Believe, repent, and call on Jesus.

Calling on the name of the Lord is for the remnant of Israel in the context of the kingdom on earth Psalms 145:9-18 and Joel 2:32

God's Truth

Calling on the name of the Lord is for the remnant of Israel in the context of the kingdom on earth Psalms 145:9-18 and Joel 2:32

Calling on the name of the Lord is for everyone.

You go against the Lord who Himself says EVERYONE who calls on the Lord will be saved.

DougE

Jesus IS GRACE. Jesus is the one who was full of grace and came with it.

Jesus didn't come later to Paul with grace only for Paul to be distributed by Paul.

Jesus is the good news and taught his grace while he walked the earth.

John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 1:16 Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given.

John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Revelation 1:4 [ Greetings and Doxology ] John, To the seven churches in the province of Asia: Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits before his throne,

Revelation 22:21 The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God’s people. Amen.

We have grace from God by obeying Jesus and repenting of our sins.

How do you say we obey Jesus?
How do you say we repent of our sins?