WHICH CHURCH WAS HEBREWS WRITTEN TO?

God's Truth

Indeed He is... did the Passover lamb take away sin?

The Passover is the lamb's blood that saved one's life.

We have to have our sins washed away by the Lamb of God to save our life.
Read your BIBLE. Leviticus 16 should be in there.

Read you BIBLE.

Exodus 29:38 “This is what you are to offer on the altar regularly each day: two lambs a year old. 39 Offer one in the morning and the other at twilight. 40 With the first lamb offer a tenth of an ephah of the finest flour mixed with a quarter of a hin of oil from pressed olives, and a quarter of a hin of wine as a drink offering. 41 Sacrifice the other lamb at twilight with the same grain offering and its drink offering as in the morning—a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the Lord.

42 “For the generations to come this burnt offering is to be made regularly at the entrance to the tent of meeting, before the Lord. There I will meet you and speak to you;

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The Passover is the lamb's blood that saved one's life.

That's not what RD asked.

RD asked:

Did the Passover Lamb take away sin?

Your answer please.

We have to have our sins washed away by the Lamb of God to save our life.

Where in the Old Testament is this described? Washing in the blood of a lamb?

Read you BIBLE.

:mock:

Exodus 29:38 “This is what you are to offer on the altar regularly each day: two lambs a year old. 39 Offer one in the morning and the other at twilight. 40 With the first lamb offer a tenth of an ephah of the finest flour mixed with a quarter of a hin of oil from pressed olives, and a quarter of a hin of wine as a drink offering. 41 Sacrifice the other lamb at twilight with the same grain offering and its drink offering as in the morning—a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the Lord.

42 “For the generations to come this burnt offering is to be made regularly at the entrance to the tent of meeting, before the Lord. There I will meet you and speak to you;

God's Truth

Good grief... Your favorite "translation" calls the Passover lamb the Passover ANIMAL.

He is also making it up that the Bible says Passover ANIMAL. It might say animals, but not an animal.

Show the scripture that calls the Passover lamb an "ANIMAL".

Show it now why don't you?

God's Truth

That's not what RD asked.

RD asked:

Did the Passover Lamb take away sin?

Your answer please.
I already answered.

You both arguing against Jesus being the sacrificial Lamb of God and also being called the Passover Lamb?
Where in the Old Testament is this described? Washing in the blood of a lamb?

:mock:

You laugh about an 'r' my computer didn't pick up due to fast typing is like swallowing a camel while straining a gnat.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I already answered.

You both arguing against Jesus being the sacrificial Lamb of God and also being called the Passover Lamb?

No, you didn't answer. You gave what you thought would answer the question, but it doesn't.

Does the Passover lamb take away sin?

Yes or no.

Your "answer" does not say either way.

You laugh about an 'r' my computer didn't pick up due to fast typing is like swallowing a camel while straining a gnat.

Maybe you should slow down when you type then, so that you don't make such mistakes.

God's Truth

No, you didn't answer. You gave what you thought would answer the question, but it doesn't.
The Bible says Jesus is the Passover Lamb.
The Bible says the blood of Jesus atones for our sins.
Does the Passover lamb take away sin?
The Passover lamb's blood saved lives.

Yes or no.

Stop obfuscating.

Right Divider and you are obfuscating the fact that I said everyone knows the lambs have to be killed.

Your "answer" does not say either way.
Does the lamb have to be killed, or what? Tell us all.

Maybe you should slow down when you type then, so that you don't make such mistakes.

You swallow a camel. Jesus doesn't like that, but you keep promoting camel swallowing.

Do you want me to go around looking at your posts and making a deal over minor typos?

It is so useless that I am not even going to engage you over it anymore.

Now answer yes or no: Does the lamb have to be killed for the Passover, and for the atonement of sins?

Right Divider

Body part
There are many different NIV translations. I have never ever heard of what you said.
Don't keep your head in the sand: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=exo+12:5&version=NIV

AND, your argument has NOTHING to do with Jesus being called the LAMB OF GOD WHO TAKES AWAY THE SINS OF THE WORLD.
Yes, it DOES. John the baptizer is referring to Leviticus 16.

Do you deny Jesus is the Lamb of God?
Of course not.

Do you not know that animals were sacrificed for the atonement of one's soul?
Still can't find Leviticus 16?

God's Truth

RD: No one knew Jesus was going to die.

GT: Jesus was called the Lamb of God and everyone knows the lamb's blood was shed.

RD: Goats are used too.

GT: So what?

Bahahahahahahaaaa

God's Truth

That scripture does NOT say a Passover ANIMAL.

No scripture calls Jesus a Passover Animal.

No translation I have ever seen calls Jesus a Passover Animal.
Yes, it DOES. John the baptizer is referring to Leviticus 16.

Of course not.

Still can't find Leviticus 16?

Jesus is called the Lamb of God, not the Goat of God, or the Animal of God.

You are trying real hard to derail what I said to you because you can no longer say no one knew Jesus was going to die for the sins of the world.

Even the Samaritan woman and her town's people knew.

Right Divider

Body part
That scripture does NOT say a Passover ANIMAL.
Exodus 12:5 New International Version (NIV)

5 The animals you choose must be year-old males without defect, and you may take them from the sheep or the goats.

Why have you changed your mind about the NIV? It's your most quoted "translation". Is the NIV no good anymore?

No scripture calls Jesus a Passover Animal.

No translation I have ever seen calls Jesus a Passover Animal.
Do you have a learning disability?

The Passover sacrifice could be a lamb or a kid. That is the PRINCIPLE of the thing.

Jesus is called the Lamb of God, not the Goat of God, or the Animal of God.
True... who denied that?

Leviticus 16 is a PICTURE of the LORD Jesus Christ. Do you still not understand this?

You are trying real hard to derail what I said to you because you can no longer say no one knew Jesus was going to die for the sins of the world.
The scriptural animal that "takes away the sin" does so alive.

Even the Samaritan woman and her town's people knew.

Were the twelve apostles preaching the death, burial and resurrection when they preached the gospel of the kingdom in Luke 9?

No, they did NOT understand that at that time.

God's Truth

Exodus 12:5 New International Version (NIV)

5 The animals you choose must be year-old males without defect, and you may take them from the sheep or the goats.

Why have you changed your mind about the NIV? It's your most quote "translation". I the NIV no good anymore?

Do you have a learning disability?

The Passover sacrifice could be a lamb or a kid. That is the PRINCIPLE of the thing.

True... how denied that?

The scriptural animal that "takes away the sin" does so alive.

Were the twelve apostles preaching the death, burial and resurrection when the preached the gospel in Luke 9?

No, they did NOT understand that at that time.

Does the lamb ever have to be killed? Yes or no.

Is the lamb always killed? Yes or no.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The Bible says Jesus is the Passover Lamb.

No one has denied this.

The Bible says the blood of Jesus atones for our sins.

No one has denied this.

The Passover lamb's blood saved lives.

The question was not, "Did the Passover lamb's blood save lives?"

The question was, "Did the Passover lamb take away sins?"

Why can't you answer that straightforward question without obfuscating?

Stop obfuscating.

Don't be a hypocrite.

Right Divider and you are obfuscating the fact that I said everyone knows the lambs have to be killed.

No, we're not obfuscating.

Yes, the lamb had to be killed. But the lamb wasn't what took away sins, now, was it.

Does the lamb have to be killed, or what? Tell us all.

The lamb did not take away sins, dead or alive.

You swallow a camel. Jesus doesn't like that, but you keep promoting camel swallowing.

Do you want me to go around looking at your posts and making a deal over minor typos?

If I make a typo, I would love it if someone pointed it out for me, so that I could fix it and thank them for pointing it out.

[QUOTE}It is so useless that I am not even going to engage you over it anymore.[/QUOTE]

:yawn:

Now answer yes or no: Does the lamb have to be killed for the Passover, and for the atonement of sins?

First you need to answer the question asked by RD.

Did the Passover lamb take away sins? Not atone for sins, not save lives. Did it take away sins? Or was that one of the two goats?

Alternate question: Do you know where the term "scapegoat" comes from, and why that term is used?

God's Truth

Where does scripture talk about an animal "taking away sin"?

So you don't know the Word of God.

Leviticus 17:11 For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one's life.

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

Hebrews 9:22
According to the Law, in fact, nearly everything must be purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.
Exodus 12:3 Tell the whole community of Israel that on the tenth day of this month each man is to take a lamb for his family, one for each household.

Acts 8:32 This is the passage of Scripture the eunuch was reading: “He was led like a sheep to the slaughter, and as a lamb before its shearer is silent, so he did not open his mouth.
1 Corinthians 5:7 Get rid of the old yeast, so that you may be a new unleavened batch—as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed.
1 Peter 1:19 but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.

Peter is speaking about Jesus and the old testament scripture.

Revelation 5:1
[ The Scroll and the Lamb ] Then I saw in the right hand of him who sat on the throne a scroll with writing on both sides and sealed with seven seals.
Revelation 5:6 Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.
Revelation 5:8 And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of God’s people.
Revelation 5:12 In a loud voice they were saying: “Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!”
Revelation 5:13 Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, saying: “To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!”
Revelation 6:1 [ The Seals ] I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, “Come!”
Revelation 6:3 When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, “Come!”
Revelation 6:5 When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come!” I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand.
Revelation 6:7 When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, “Come!”
Revelation 6:16 They called to the mountains and the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb!
Revelation 7:9 [ The Great Multitude in White Robes ] After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.
Revelation 7:10 And they cried out in a loud voice: “Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb.”
Revelation 7:14 I answered, “Sir, you know.” And he said, “These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
Revelation 7:17 For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; ‘he will lead them to springs of living water.’ ‘And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.’”
Revelation 12:11 They triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.
Revelation 13:8 All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast—all whose names have not been written in the Lamb’s book of life, the Lamb who was slain from the creation of the world.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Leviticus 17:11 For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one's life.

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

Hebrews 9:22
According to the Law, in fact, nearly everything must be purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.
Exodus 12:3 Tell the whole community of Israel that on the tenth day of this month each man is to take a lamb for his family, one for each household.

Acts 8:32 This is the passage of Scripture the eunuch was reading: “He was led like a sheep to the slaughter, and as a lamb before its shearer is silent, so he did not open his mouth.
1 Corinthians 5:7 Get rid of the old yeast, so that you may be a new unleavened batch—as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed.
1 Peter 1:19 but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.

Peter is speaking about Jesus and the old testament scripture.

Revelation 5:1
[ The Scroll and the Lamb ] Then I saw in the right hand of him who sat on the throne a scroll with writing on both sides and sealed with seven seals.
Revelation 5:6 Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.
Revelation 5:8 And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of God’s people.
Revelation 5:12 In a loud voice they were saying: “Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!”
Revelation 5:13 Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, saying: “To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!”
Revelation 6:1 [ The Seals ] I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, “Come!”
Revelation 6:3 When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, “Come!”
Revelation 6:5 When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come!” I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand.
Revelation 6:7 When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, “Come!”
Revelation 6:16 They called to the mountains and the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb!
Revelation 7:9 [ The Great Multitude in White Robes ] After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.
Revelation 7:10 And they cried out in a loud voice: “Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb.”
Revelation 7:14 I answered, “Sir, you know.” And he said, “These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
Revelation 7:17 For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; ‘he will lead them to springs of living water.’ ‘And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.’”
Revelation 12:11 They triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.
Revelation 13:8 All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast—all whose names have not been written in the Lamb’s book of life, the Lamb who was slain from the creation of the world.

"Atonement" does not mean taking away sin.

God's Truth

"Atonement" does not mean taking away sin.

Are you saying there was no law about sin offering?

King James Bible
Leviticus 5:11 But if he be not able to bring two turtledoves, or two young pigeons, then he that sinned shall bring for his offering the tenth part of an ephah of fine flour for a sin offering; he shall put no oil upon it, neither shall he put any frankincense thereon: for it is a sin offering.

Right Divider

Body part

NONE of those refer to the animal that "TAKES AWAY SINS".

See Leviticus 16 for the correct answer.

Lev 16:20-22 KJV And when he hath made an end of reconciling the holy place, and the tabernacle of the congregation, and the altar, he shall bring the live goat: (21) And Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions in all their sins, putting them upon the head of the goat, and shall send him away by the hand of a fit man into the wilderness: (22) And the goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a land not inhabited: and he shall let go the goat in the wilderness.