WHICH CHURCH WAS HEBREWS WRITTEN TO?

God's Truth

You really don't know what God revealed to Paul?
Of course I do. God gave the SAME one and only gospel, the GREATEST gospel, Jesus Christ, which is reconciliation to God.

If Paul was just "another apostle", why didn't God just have him join the others?

What do you mean just join the others?

An apostle is someone taught directly from Jesus.

Paul was taught directly from Jesus.

Paul taught the Jews like the other apostles, but the Jews who would hear Paul preach or hear about him, they thought he was just trying to trick them so that he can throw them in prison if they showed interest or belief in Jesus.

Right Divider

Body part
Of course I do. God gave the SAME one and only gospel, the GREATEST gospel, Jesus Christ, which is reconciliation to God.
Paul says that God gave HIM a dispensation of the gospel. Paul called that gospel MY GOSPEL three times in scripture.

Do you think that Paul was arrogant? Was Paul confused?

Or, perhaps, Paul was exactly correct.

What do you mean just join the others?
Paul agreed with Peter, John and James to keep his ministry separate from theirs. Why would they agree to that for the "one true gospel"?

An apostle is someone taught directly from Jesus.
Jesus was an apostle. Heb 3:1. You don't actually know what apostle means.

Paul was taught directly from Jesus.
:duh:

Paul taught the Jews like the other apostles, but the Jews who would hear Paul preach or hear about him, they thought he was just trying to trick them so that he can throw them in prison if they showed interest or belief in Jesus.
Paul attempted to get unbelieving Jews to believe his gospel.

beloved57

The natural man means someone who ONLY wants to please their flesh. We are not only flesh, we are spirit too, and some people care about what is spiritual and they do NOT only want to please their flesh.

Those who only want to please their flesh with sin are NOT going to want to give up doing that, so they say what Jesus says is foolishness.

The natural man is the unregenerated man in the flesh.

God's Truth

Paul says that God gave HIM a dispensation of the gospel.

Good grief, all the apostles had to dispense the gospel, the one and only gospel that saves.

No one and nothing is greater than Jesus Christ and his coming and what he taught.

Paul called that gospel MY GOSPEL three times in scripture.
So what?! He also calls it Jesus' and God's and OURS. I call it my gospel. Since I call it MY GOSPEL, are you going to get upset and call me something now for it? So you think that Paul is exalting himself by calling it his gospel?! Think about it some more.

Do you think that Paul was arrogant? Was Paul confused?

YEAH YOU MUST THINK he is arrogant!

Or, perhaps, Paul was exactly correct.

There is only one gospel and JESUS CAME AND TAUGHT it for everyone.

Paul agreed with Peter, John and James to keep his ministry separate from theirs. Why would they agree to that for the "one true gospel"?

I already explained that and don't mind doing so again. The JEWS did NOT trust Paul and they thought he was just trying to trick the Jews into saying they believed in Jesus so he could put them in prison. That is why Paul went far away to the Gentles. Paul was, like Peter, preaching for the Jews and Gentiles all along, but Jesus sent Paul faraway to the Gentiles because the Jews thought it was a trick and did not trust him.

Jesus was an apostle. Heb 3:1. You don't actually know what apostle means.
How in the world do you think that changes anything that I said? An apostle is just about being THE FIRST, and being taught directly from GOD.

:duh:

Paul attempted to get unbelieving Jews to believe his gospel.

No kidding. Just as the other apostles did.

Right Divider

Body part
Good grief, all the apostles had to dispense the gospel, the one and only gospel that saves.
Good grief, the twelve apostles were preaching the gospel of the kingdom (i.e., the one that Christ gave to THEM) for about three years and YET they did not even know that Christ had to die.

THEREFORE, they clearly were NOT preaching His death for SIN and His resurrection. And YET that is exactly what Paul preached!

No one and nothing is greater than Jesus Christ and his coming and what he taught.
You always throw in vague and irrelevant comments.

So what?! He also calls it Jesus' and God's and OURS.
Again an illogical non-sequitur.

I call it my gospel. Since I call it MY GOSPEL, are you going to get upset and call me something now for it? So you think that Paul is exalting himself by calling it his gospel?! Think about it some more.
No, I don't think "that Paul is exalting himself by calling it his gospel". I think that Paul was telling the TRUTH that he received A GOSPEL from God.

YEAH YOU MUST THINK he is arrogant!
No, I think that he was telling the TRUTH.

There is only one gospel and JESUS CAME AND TAUGHT it for everyone.
Deny the facts of the Bible if you like. It's your choice.

No kidding. Just as the other apostles did.
For about THREE years the apostles were preaching the gospel of the kingdom and YET they did not know that Christ would die.

Even AFTER His resurrection, they did not understand that He would be resurrected.

John 20:3-10 (AKJV/PCE)
(20:3) Peter therefore went forth, and that other disciple, and came to the sepulchre. (20:4) So they ran both together: and the other disciple did outrun Peter, and came first to the sepulchre. (20:5) And he stooping down, [and looking in], saw the linen clothes lying; yet went he not in. (20:6) Then cometh Simon Peter following him, and went into the sepulchre, and seeth the linen clothes lie, (20:7) And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself. (20:8) Then went in also that other disciple, which came first to the sepulchre, and he saw, and believed. (20:9) For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead. (20:10) Then the disciples went away again unto their own home.

So how were the twelve preaching the "one true gospel" if the did not even know that Christ would die and be resurrected?

God's Truth

Good grief, the twelve apostles were preaching the gospel of the kingdom (i.e., the one that Christ gave to THEM) for about three years and YET they did not even know that Christ had to die.

Jesus TAUGHT HE HAD TO DIE. Stop saying they didn't know.

And what did you want Jesus to do, come and live a life and not teach and not be known and then come back after he died and then teach apostles like he did Paul?

Paul was the only one UNNATURALLY an apostle like that.

There are NOT different kingdoms of God, either.

THEREFORE, they clearly were NOT preaching His death for SIN and His resurrection. And YET that is exactly what Paul preached!

Jesus. taught. he. had. to. die.

Even Jesus' enemies KNEW he taught that, because they GUARDED the tomb, remember?
You always throw in vague and irrelevant comments.
No, I do not, and you are the one who does that.

Again an illogical non-sequitur.

You saying 'illogical' and 'non sequitur' is ILLOGICAL and NON sequitur.

No, I don't think "that Paul is exalting himself by calling it his gospel". I think that Paul was telling the TRUTH that he received A GOSPEL from God.

Paul is speaking about the ONE AND ONLY gospel that saves. The same gospel that all can call 'my gospel', once they believe it and teach it.

No, I think that he was telling the TRUTH.

Deny the facts of the Bible if you like. It's your choice.

That is worthless babble. Do you want me to keep saying worthless stuff like that to you, or do you want to discuss and give scriptures?

For about THREE years the apostles were preaching the gospel of the kingdom and YET they did not know that Christ would die.

Even AFTER His resurrection, they did not understand that He would be resurrected.
John 20:3-10 (AKJV/PCE)
(20:3) Peter therefore went forth, and that other disciple, and came to the sepulchre. (20:4) So they ran both together: and the other disciple did outrun Peter, and came first to the sepulchre. (20:5) And he stooping down, [and looking in], saw the linen clothes lying; yet went he not in. (20:6) Then cometh Simon Peter following him, and went into the sepulchre, and seeth the linen clothes lie, (20:7) And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself. (20:8) Then went in also that other disciple, which came first to the sepulchre, and he saw, and believed. (20:9) For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead. (20:10) Then the disciples went away again unto their own home.

So how were the twelve preaching the "one true gospel" if the did not even know that Christ would die and be resurrected?

Just because he was in not yet remembering what Jesus said doesn't mean it wasn't taught.

Luke 24:8 Then they remembered his words.

John 2:22
After He was raised from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this. Then they believed the Scripture and the word that Jesus had spoken.

Did you read that???!

Come on now.

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus TAUGHT HE HAD TO DIE. Stop saying they didn't know.
He did and they did NOT understand, It was HIDDEN from them.

NOTE: This teaching of Jesus came at the VERY END of His life.

The twelve were preaching the gospel of the kingdom for YEARS before Jesus told them about His impending death. They were NOT preaching His death for sin that entire time as THEY DID NOT KNOW.

NOW BACK TO THE TOPIC:

The book to the HEBREWS was written to the same church as Stephen mentions in Acts 7:38. That "church" is ISRAEL and not the body of Christ.

God's Truth

He did and they did NOT understand, It was HIDDEN from them.

NOTE: This teaching of Jesus came at the VERY END of His life.

The twelve were preaching the gospel of the kingdom for YEARS before Jesus told them about His impending death. They were NOT preaching His death for sin that entire time as THEY DID NOT KNOW.

NOW BACK TO THE TOPIC:

The book to the HEBREWS was written to the same church as Stephen mentions in Acts 7:38. That "church" is ISRAEL and not the body of Christ.

After He was raised from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this. Then they believed the Scripture and the word that Jesus had spoken.

John 16:4
But I have told you these things so that when their hour comes, you will remember that I told you about them. I did not tell you these things from the beginning, because I was with you.

John 6:51

John 10:18

John 10:11

Acts 8:32

Revelation 5:6

Revelation 5:8

Revelation 5:12

Revelation 5:13

...and many more.

You can't get around it.

Right Divider

Body part

You can't get around it.

I'm not trying to "get around it".

What you cannot get around is that while the twelve were preaching the gospel of the kingdom for YEARS.... they did NOT YET know that Christ die nor be resurrected.

God's Truth

Right Divider

Jesus IS THE LAMB.

Lamb's blood was shed for the forgiveness of sins.

Jesus is the Lamb of God.

That was preached since John the baptizer.

The LAMB of God for the forgiveness of sins TO THE WORLD.

Right Divider

Body part
Right Divider

Jesus IS THE LAMB.

Lamb's blood was shed for the forgiveness of sins.

Jesus is the Lamb of God.

That was preached since John the baptizer.

The LAMB of God for the forgiveness of sins TO THE WORLD.
Once again, the TWELVE did not learn that He would die until very near the END of His LIFE.

Luk 18:31-34 KJV Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. (32) For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: (33) And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. (34) And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

And YET, they were preaching the gospel of the kingdom WHILE not knowing that He would DIE.

Luk 9:1-6 KJV Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases. (2) And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick. (3) And he said unto them, Take nothing for your journey, neither staves, nor scrip, neither bread, neither money; neither have two coats apiece. (4) And whatsoever house ye enter into, there abide, and thence depart. (5) And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them. (6) And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where.

Do you have any idea how many YEARS passed between Luke 9 and Luke 18?

God's Truth

Once again, the TWELVE did not learn that He would die until very near the END of His LIFE.
Luk 18:31-34 KJV Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. (32) For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: (33) And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. (34) And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

And YET, they were preaching the gospel of the kingdom WHILE not knowing that He would DIE.
Luk 9:1-6 KJV Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases. (2) And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick. (3) And he said unto them, Take nothing for your journey, neither staves, nor scrip, neither bread, neither money; neither have two coats apiece. (4) And whatsoever house ye enter into, there abide, and thence depart. (5) And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them. (6) And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where.

I gave you scriptures that say they remembered.

Someone not getting it doesn't change the truth, by the way. So you have no case.

Last edited:

God's Truth

Jesus came and taught how to have forgiveness of sins through him.

He taught how to be put in him.

beloved57

No. The natural man is a man who lives only to please his flesh.

Not all only live to please their flesh.

That which is flesh is flesh Jn 3:6-7

6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

God's Truth

They could NOT remember something in Luke 9 that they did not even learn until Luke 18.

You are SO bad.

That doesn't even make sense.

You think you disproved John the baptizer saying Jesus is the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world?

You don't know the lambs blood was shed for forgiveness?

You think you disproved Jesus preaching forgiveness through him?

You think you disproved something by referencing Luke 9 and Luke 18?

Do you know about preparing the way for the Lord? Was that spoken of soon enough for you?

Matthew 3:3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

How about these scriptures"

Isaiah 40:3
A voice of one calling: "Prepare the way for the LORD in the wilderness; make a straight highway for our God in the desert.

Mark 1:3
"A voice of one calling in the wilderness, 'Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for Him.'"

Luke 1:17
And he will go on before the Lord in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous--to make ready a people prepared for the Lord."

Luke 1:76
And you, child, will be called a prophet of the Most High; for you will go on before the Lord to prepare His ways,

John 1:23
John replied in the words of Isaiah the prophet: "I am the voice of one calling in the wilderness, 'Make straight the way for the Lord.'"