The Faith of Jesus Christ !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
What was my point according to the op?

That our salvation is by the same living faith that Jesus Christ had in his Father. In coming down from heaven and self limiting knowledge of his previous identity on high, the Son of God lived by the same faith life that we are expected to live by.

It is my belief that upon the occasion of his baptism the Son of God then and there opened up access to the knowledge of his pre-existent reality and total identity.

beloved57

That our salvation is by the same living faith that Jesus Christ had in his Father. In coming down from heaven and self limiting knowledge of his previous identity on high, the Son of God lived by the same faith life that we are expected to live by.

It is my belief that upon the occasion of his baptism the Son of God then and there opened up access to the knowledge of his pre-existent reality and total identity.

Thats not what my op states !

beloved57

For the Elect of God, the Faith/Faithfulness of Christ perfectly fulfilled the Law on their behalf Rom 5:19, He achieved for them a Justifying Righteousness before Gods Law and Justice. He accomplished this by His perfect Faithfulness, Obedience which included suffering all the just penalty due to their sins. See Christ was Faithful to Him that appointed Him Heb 3:1-2

Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

2Who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses was faithful in all his house.

Nanja

For the Elect of God, the Faith/Faithfulness of Christ perfectly fulfilled the Law on their behalf Rom 5:19, He achieved for them a Justifying Righteousness before Gods Law and Justice. He accomplished this by His perfect Faithfulness, Obedience which included suffering all the just penalty due to their sins. See Christ was Faithful to Him that appointed Him Heb 3:1-2

Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

2Who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses was faithful in all his house.

Amen Brother ! Christ's Perfect Faithfulness / Obedience as the Elects' Covenant Head, Offered Himself as their Surety Heb. 7:22 and Faithful High Priest Heb. 3:1-2; and that by His Perfect Obedience to God's Law and Justice on their behalf Rom. 5:19, they were all imputed with His Righteousness:

Rom. 4:6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

Gal. 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

beloved57

Amen Brother ! Christ's Perfect Faithfulness / Obedience as the Elects' Covenant Head, Offered Himself as their Surety Heb. 7:22 and Faithful High Priest Heb. 3:1-2; and that by His Perfect Obedience to God's Law and Justice on their behalf Rom. 5:19, they were all imputed with His Righteousness:

Rom. 4:6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

Gal. 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Amen Sister. That word faithful in Heb 3:2 is the word pistos means:

of persons who show themselves faithful in the transaction of business, the execution of commands, or the discharge of official duties

I believe this includes the transaction of the business of the everlasting covenant within the God Head before the world began. It was His suretyship faithfulness for His People !

Nanja

Amen Sister. That word faithful in Heb 3:2 is the word pistos means:

of persons who show themselves faithful in the transaction of business, the execution of commands, or the discharge of official duties

I believe this includes the transaction of the business of the everlasting covenant within the God Head before the world began. It was His suretyship faithfulness for His People !

I see it Brother, so then Rom. 5:19b could also read, "so by the faithfulness of one [the Covenant Mediator, Surety] shall many [His Covenant People; His Sheep; the Body of Christ] be made righteous".

TY for expounding further, I appreciate you !

beloved57

I see it Brother, so then Rom. 5:19b could also read, "so by the faithfulness of one [the Covenant Mediator, Surety] shall many [His Covenant People; His Sheep; the Body of Christ] be made righteous".

TY for expounding further, I appreciate you !

Amen absolutely !

beloved57

The bible makes it clear that believers were at first before they believed, Justified by the Faith or Faithfulness of Jesus Christ Gal 2:16

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Understanding that the elects Justification was completely effected by Jesus Christ, that it was finished objectively by the Faithful Obedience of the Lord Jesus Christ as our Surety representative.

Lets look at the times Paul uses the phrase or similar Faith of Jesus Christ Rom 3:22

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Gal 2:16,20

16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Gal 3:22

22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Eph 3:12

12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

Phil 3:9

9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

And its interesting this phrase is used 7 times !

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The bible makes it clear that believers were at first before they believed, Justified by the Faith or Faithfulness of Jesus Christ Gal 2:16

No, it doesn't.

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Who is the "we" highlighted above? Is it people who have yet to believe? or is it people who already believe?

I tell you, it's the latter!

Lets look at the times Paul uses the phrase or similar Faith of Jesus Christ Rom 3:22

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Who is it upon, B57? Is it on those who have yet to believe? or those who already believe?

Gal 2:16,20
16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Supra.

20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Who's living it? Paul. Not God.

Gal 3:22
22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Given to whom? "them who have yet to believe"? NO!

"THEM WHO BELIEVE!"

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
judgerightly

If you do not use the quote function on this site, I WILL NOT be notified of your reply to my post.

Yes it does,

No, it doesn't.

just because you dont receive it

And you're the arbiter who decides if someone has "received" something?

Yeah, right.

doesnt make it not so!

And yet, all you can do is whine and act all offended. You can't show me how I'm wrong. I assert that the reason you cannot show me to be wrong is because I'm right, and the verse does not mean or say what you want it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.