90% Or More Of So Called Christians Don't Have a Clue!

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Clete,

Maybe you read the bible every day, but I read for knowledge.

Allow me to show a short fact that I never heard of at church.

Sons of God are not, as I had been told, angels.

Job_1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.
This scripture, in and of its self, might fool some to think angels are sons of God. We should know that angels have no gender, they are neither male or female.

Luk 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.
Adam is said to be the son of God. That would make Adam's children sons of God.

Gen 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

Now, here is the point, sons of God and daughters of men. It doesn't say 'daughters of God.

Guess what, it proves another point. Two different creations, the children of God and the children of men. Think about it.

You are a lunatic if you think you've proven two creations with these verses. This is ths sort of idiotic nonsense one gets from building their doctrine by way of proof-texting.

Whether the "sons of God" were angelic being or not is a debatable point of doctrine where people of both strong intellect and good conscience can disagree but you are a straight up heretic if you believe that there were two creations.

Exodus 20:11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day.

As for the first point, the text is clearly talking about regular human females and therefore not "daughters of God" which is why it doesn't say "daughters of God". In other words, the fact that the females weren't angels, doesn't prove that the males weren't and the fact that the text calls them "sons of God" is at the very least evidence that they were angels. The certainly were not normal human males because there would have been nothing remarkable about sons of men getting together with daughters of men.

What you've actually done here is to create a pretext. You assume that they aren't angels and pretend that you've proven it so that you can believe in two creations. I wonder what the motive is? What benefit is there to believing such a flagrantly unbiblical doctrine? Is there anything other percieved benefit to it other than getting to reject the notion of angel-human hybreds, which can already be plausibly rejected for other reasons that are far less injurious to the text of scripture, not to mention the intellect of Christians.

(That's a real question, by the way. I'm quite currious to know what the point of it is.)

Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Mat 10:7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Mat 10:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Which was said to His disciples which were already being supported financially Jesus' ministry.

No one goes door to door selling the gospel anyway. Not then and not now.

And even if you attend a church (a real church not a cult), no one compels you to give money to that church. Even the worst of Christian churches that pressure those who attend to give at least ten percent of their gross income (unbiblical, by the way) and literally sell fake miracles don't force you to keep coming!

Further, why do you ignore the direct and unequivocal teaching of the scripture? I mean, you're all about "READ YOUR BIBLE" right?
It literally could not possibly be more explicitly stated....

"The Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should live from the gospel." (I Cor. 9:14)

iamaberean

You are a lunatic if you think you've proven two creations with these verses. This is ths sort of idiotic nonsense one gets from building their doctrine by way of proof-texting.

Whether the "sons of God" were angelic being or not is a debatable point of doctrine where people of both strong intellect and good conscience can disagree but you are a straight up heretic if you believe that there were two creations.

Clete

What are the three ages of dinosaurs?

The dinosaurs and the mammals appeared during the Triassic period, roughly 225 million years ago. The dinosaurs went extinct 65 million years ago. The Mesozoic Era lasted about 180 million years, and is divided into three periods, the Triassic, the Jurassic, and the Cretaceous.

Old age of human bones found:
The Lake Mungo remains from Australia, which are known as Mungo Man and Mungo Woman, are the oldest human remains ever found in Australia. The Mungo Woman’s remains were found first in 1967 – she had been cremated her remains were found buried in a small pit. Her remains are dated to 42,000 years ago, making it the world’s oldest cremation.

Are you going to call God a liar because you can't believe that He is the one that created dinosaurs and humans that lived ages ago.

It's clear to me because God is not the author of confusion, if those bones are that of that age, then God created them that many years ago.

A day to God is thousands (unknown number) of years.

2Pe_3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Gary K

Banned

The dinosaurs and the mammals appeared during the Triassic period, roughly 225 million years ago. The dinosaurs went extinct 65 million years ago. The Mesozoic Era lasted about 180 million years, and is divided into three periods, the Triassic, the Jurassic, and the Cretaceous.

The Lake Mungo remains from Australia, which are known as Mungo Man and Mungo Woman, are the oldest human remains ever found in Australia. The Mungo Woman’s remains were found first in 1967 – she had been cremated her remains were found buried in a small pit. Her remains are dated to 42,000 years ago, making it the world’s oldest cremation.

Are you going to call God a liar because you can't believe that He is the one that created dinosaurs and humans that lived ages ago.

It's clear to me because God is not the author of confusion, if those bones are that of that age, then God created them that many years ago.

2Pe_3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Nothing quite like pulling a text completely out of context to make a non-existent point. The entire context in which we find 2Peter 3:8 is in relation to prophecies concerning the 2nd coming of Christ. Trying to apply that verse to dinosaurs and evolution is very far-fetched and a nonsensical idea. The thousand year as a day principle is entirely prophetic in nature

Child of God

BANNED
Banned
No, He hasn't.

You're a liar.

Do you understand that such a lie is blasphemy?

Thank you for the blessing.

Mat 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Thank you for the blessing.

Mat 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Right book, wrong chapter and verse. The one you need to be focused on is in Matthew 12...

Matthew 12:36 But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Are you an Atheist Troll pretending to be Christian to bring controversy?

I get the feeling you are.

Would you like to talk about God? or Jesus?

You seem to think that your use words is the Second coming of Christ.

What Clue do you have? The OP says 90% do not have a Clue, what is your clue?

As to your without a Please and Bold yelling Demand I answer your question, I have answered your question, at least twice, maybe more.

Not only have you not answered the question I asked you, you've lied about it at least twice, maybe more, by saying you've answered the question I asked you:

Is God good? Yes or No?

I, for one, say that YES, God is good, because the Bible tells me so. So, why do you refuse to say that, YES, God is good? Ah, because you are an Atheist Troll.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

No. Nothing you said here is true.

So now we're getting a clearer picture.

You show up here talking about how Christians need to read the bible when all the while it's you who don't even believe that the bible is even true!

I should have guessed it!

Well they aren't that age, so...

I'd bet that your entire theological worldview is built one tiny isolated issue at a time with this mindless sort of proof-texting nonsense.

RSR's List of Not So Old Things

Child of God

BANNED
Banned
Right book, wrong chapter and verse. The one you need to be focused on is in Matthew 12...

Matthew 12:36 But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.

2Ti 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
2Ti 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Child of God

BANNED
Banned

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Jesus said,

Luk 18:19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

Mat_5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

I believe what Jesus said.

I have answered your question WITH SCRIPTURE that I agree with.

You are in most probability an Atheist Troll.

Whether you are a child in age or not, you are diffidently a Child in mentality.

You told me that Santa sent you a letter that said I was an Idiot.
Did Santa say I was on the naughty list?

I have been good, did Santa tell you I was naughty?

Did Santa's letter say whether I was on the Naughty or Good list?

You said Santa sent you a letter that said I was an Idiot, because I only have a 1st grade education, and misspelled Claus and Clause.

I think you are an Atheist Troll.

I could be an idiot, as you told me Santa said about me to you.

You obviously do not believe what Jesus said when He said that God is good. If you believed what Jesus said, you would answer the question I have asked you,

-Is God good? Yes or No?-

in the affirmative. This--because of your pride--you've thus far refused to do.

I judge the character of God (as per Jesus Christ's own words) to be GOOD, whereas you, because of your posture of phony humility, refuse to judge the character of God to be GOOD, saying

It is not my job to judge the character of God.

You say that because you do not consider God to be good. Why--despite the fact that Jesus states that God is good--do you not consider God to be good?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I am beginning to wonder why this is called a Christian forum,

Maybe you should be asking yourself how you ended up on the outside looking in, scoffing at what is going on inside.

when name calling

Name calling is used by Godly men throughout the Bible, and even by Jesus Himself.

by one who's moniker is JudgeRightly with a title of Super Moderator.

Judge Rightly is something Jesus told us to do.

My username is based off of a gospel tract from over a decade ago that said "Judge Rightly is not some guy's name."

That tract was based on John 7:24. Perhaps you've read it before?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I am beginning to wonder why this is called a Christian forum, when name calling by one who's moniker is JudgeRightly with a title of Super Moderator.

Did you know that by calling a person, who is giving glory to God for miracles a liar, is blasphemy!

That's very judgmental of you.

Isn't it interesting how he got onto me for judging him, and then immediately after that he condemns you for blasphemy?

Who's judging rightly? :think:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Isn't it interesting how he got onto me for judging him, and then immediately after that he condemns you for blasphemy?

Who's judging rightly? :think:

I had no doubt that you were going to catch that but I hoped that he would catch it. It's hard to tell when they just disappear like that though.