Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jesus saves unbelievers !

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jesus saves unbelievers !

    One of the most ridiculous things I ever heard is that Jesus Christ doesnt save unbelievers. Folks if that was true, it wouldnt be no hope of Salvation for any sinner, since by nature all sinners, as all are, are in or under unbelief Rom 11:32

    32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

    In fact this very verse instructs us that some because of their unbelief, God will have mercy upon them in unbelief !

    An example is the saul of tarsus, who hated Christ and His people, and did many horrible things to them while in unbelief 1 Tim 1:13

    13 who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

    Paul obtained mercy while in unbelief, and it was for this cause Paul knew by experience that Christ came into the world to save sinners, unbelievers of which he was chief 1 Tim 1:14-15

    14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. 15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

    Paul is an example of how Christ saves unbelieving sinners, and turns them into believers, Christ has mercy on them, because of their unbelief !

    So if you hear someone teach that God in Christ doesn't save unbelievers, they are preaching a false Gospel. If Christ didn't save unbelievers there wouldn't be any believers, all would remain in the prison of unbelief !
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  • #2
    Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
    One of the most ridiculous things I ever heard is that Jesus Christ doesnt save unbelievers. Folks if that was true, it wouldnt be no hope of Salvation for any sinner, since by nature all sinners, as all are, are in or under unbelief Rom 11:32

    32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

    In fact this very verse instructs us that some because of their unbelief, God will have mercy upon them in unbelief !

    An example is the saul of tarsus, who hated Christ and His people, and did many horrible things to them while in unbelief 1 Tim 1:13

    13 who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

    Paul obtained mercy while in unbelief, and it was for this cause Paul knew by experience that Christ came into the world to save sinners, unbelievers of which he was chief 1 Tim 1:14-15

    14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. 15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

    Paul is an example of how Christ saves unbelieving sinners, and turns them into believers, Christ has mercy on them, because of their unbelief !

    So if you hear someone teach that God in Christ doesn't save unbelievers, they are preaching a false Gospel. If Christ didn't save unbelievers there wouldn't be any believers, all would remain in the prison of unbelief !


    Amen Brother, just as Paul was shown Mercy 1 Tim. 1:13-15 because of His Unbelief, so likewise do all the objects of God's Mercy Rom. 9:23 experience the same.

    Jesus absolutely saves Particular Unbelievers by His Mercy, which results in His Saving them out of a Lost state of unbelief Rom. 11:32 even while being dead in sin, by giving them His Spirit in New Birth, of which Faith / Believing is a Fruit of Gal. 5:22.

    Yes, Jesus absolutely Saves these unbelievers by Turning them into Believers !


    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
      One of the most ridiculous things I ever heard is that Jesus Christ doesnt save unbelievers. Folks if that was true, it wouldnt be no hope of Salvation for any sinner, since by nature all sinners, as all are, are in or under unbelief Rom 11:32

      32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

      In fact this very verse instructs us that some because of their unbelief, God will have mercy upon them in unbelief !

      An example is the saul of tarsus, who hated Christ and His people, and did many horrible things to them while in unbelief 1 Tim 1:13

      13 who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

      Paul obtained mercy while in unbelief, and it was for this cause Paul knew by experience that Christ came into the world to save sinners, unbelievers of which he was chief 1 Tim 1:14-15

      14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. 15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

      Paul is an example of how Christ saves unbelieving sinners, and turns them into believers, Christ has mercy on them, because of their unbelief !

      So if you hear someone teach that God in Christ doesn't save unbelievers, they are preaching a false Gospel. If Christ didn't save unbelievers there wouldn't be any believers, all would remain in the prison of unbelief !
      God does NOT save UNBELIEVERS.

      God saves believers.

      Anyone who wants to be saved has to hear and believe.


      Jesus taught believe/faith to be saved:


      Matthew 9:28 When he had gone indoors, the blind men came to him, and he asked them, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?” “Yes, Lord,” they replied.

      Matthew 18:6 [ Causing to Stumble ] “If anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

      Mark 1:15 “The time has come,” he said. “The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!”

      Mark 5:36 Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, “Don’t be afraid; just believe.

      Mark 16:16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

      Luke 8:12 Those along the path are the ones who hear, and then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved.

      Luke 8:13 Those on the rocky ground are the ones who receive the word with joy when they hear it, but they have no root. They believe for a while, but in the time of testing they fall away.

      John 1:7 He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe.

      John 1:12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—

      John 2:23 Now while he was in Jerusalem at the Passover Festival, many people saw the signs he was performing and believed in his name.

      John 3:15 that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.”

      John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

      John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

      John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.

      John 4:39 [ Many Samaritans Believe ] Many of the Samaritans from that town believed in him because of the woman’s testimony, “He told me everything I ever did.”

      ...and so many, many more.

      Mark 11:22 “Have faith in God,” Jesus answered.

      Luke 5:20 When Jesus saw their faith, he said, “Friend, your sins are forgiven.”

      Luke 7:50 Jesus said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

      Luke 12:28 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith!

      Luke 22:32 But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.”

      John 12:42 Yet at the same time many even among the leaders believed in him. But because of the Pharisees they would not openly acknowledge their faith for fear they would be put out of the synagogue;

      Acts 3:16 Aramaic Bible in Plain English
      “And by the faith of his Name, this one whom you see and know, he has restored and healed, and faith in him has given him this health before you all.”

      Acts 6:5 This proposal pleased the whole group. They chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Spirit; also Philip, Procorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicolas from Antioch, a convert to Judaism.

      Acts 6:7 So the word of God spread. The number of disciples in Jerusalem increased rapidly, and a large number of priests became obedient to the faith.



      Those scripture prove that Jesus taught believe/faith in order to be saved.

      Oh how I love the Word of God!

      Do not just read the word do it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by God's Truth View Post

        God does NOT save UNBELIEVERS.

        God saves believers.

        Anyone who wants to be saved has to hear and believe.


        Jesus taught believe/faith to be saved:


        Matthew 9:28 When he had gone indoors, the blind men came to him, and he asked them, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?” “Yes, Lord,” they replied.

        Matthew 18:6 [ Causing to Stumble ] “If anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

        Mark 1:15 “The time has come,” he said. “The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!”

        Mark 5:36 Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, “Don’t be afraid; just believe.

        Mark 16:16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

        Luke 8:12 Those along the path are the ones who hear, and then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved.

        Luke 8:13 Those on the rocky ground are the ones who receive the word with joy when they hear it, but they have no root. They believe for a while, but in the time of testing they fall away.

        John 1:7 He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe.

        John 1:12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—

        John 2:23 Now while he was in Jerusalem at the Passover Festival, many people saw the signs he was performing and believed in his name.

        John 3:15 that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.”

        John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

        John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

        John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.

        John 4:39 [ Many Samaritans Believe ] Many of the Samaritans from that town believed in him because of the woman’s testimony, “He told me everything I ever did.”

        ...and so many, many more.

        Mark 11:22 “Have faith in God,” Jesus answered.

        Luke 5:20 When Jesus saw their faith, he said, “Friend, your sins are forgiven.”

        Luke 7:50 Jesus said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

        Luke 12:28 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith!

        Luke 22:32 But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.”

        John 12:42 Yet at the same time many even among the leaders believed in him. But because of the Pharisees they would not openly acknowledge their faith for fear they would be put out of the synagogue;

        Acts 3:16 Aramaic Bible in Plain English
        “And by the faith of his Name, this one whom you see and know, he has restored and healed, and faith in him has given him this health before you all.”

        Acts 6:5 This proposal pleased the whole group. They chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Spirit; also Philip, Procorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicolas from Antioch, a convert to Judaism.

        Acts 6:7 So the word of God spread. The number of disciples in Jerusalem increased rapidly, and a large number of priests became obedient to the faith.



        Those scripture prove that Jesus taught believe/faith in order to be saved.
        Believers at one time were unbelievers. How else do they become believers?
        He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

        Jim Elliot

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post

          Believers at one time were unbelievers. How else do they become believers?
          They became believers after they heard the gospel message and believed it.
          Oh how I love the Word of God!

          Do not just read the word do it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Nanja View Post



            Amen Brother, just as Paul was shown Mercy 1 Tim. 1:13-15 because of His Unbelief, so likewise do all the objects of God's Mercy Rom. 9:23 experience the same.

            Jesus absolutely saves Particular Unbelievers by His Mercy, which results in His Saving them out of a Lost state of unbelief Rom. 11:32 even while being dead in sin, by giving them His Spirit in New Birth, of which Faith / Believing is a Fruit of Gal. 5:22.

            Yes, Jesus absolutely Saves these unbelievers by Turning them into Believers !

            Praise Him Sister !
            "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
            preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
            called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
            a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

            Charles Spurgeon !

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by beloved57 View Post

              Praise Him Sister !

              Praising Him indeed my Brother !

              Comment


              • #8
                To say Jesus doesn't save unbelievers is as idiotic as saying Jesus doesn't save sinners !, For unbelievers are nothing more than sinners !
                "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
                preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
                called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
                a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

                Charles Spurgeon !

                Comment


                • #9
                  Here's a scripture that God views unbelief as sin Ps 78:32

                  32 For all this they sinned still, and believed not for his wondrous works.
                  "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
                  preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
                  called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
                  a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

                  Charles Spurgeon !

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
                    To say Jesus doesn't save unbelievers is as idiotic as saying Jesus doesn't save sinners !, For unbelievers are nothing more than sinners !

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
                      To say Jesus doesn't save unbelievers is as idiotic as saying Jesus doesn't save sinners !, For unbelievers are nothing more than sinners !
                      Exactly, the unbelievers Christ died for are reconciled / saved from the penalty of their sins even while they're His enemies and unbelievers; hating God Rom. 5:10 !

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
                        Here's a scripture that God views unbelief as sin Ps 78:32

                        32 For all this they sinned still, and believed not for his wondrous works.
                        Excellent !

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
                          To say Jesus doesn't save unbelievers is as idiotic as saying Jesus doesn't save sinners !, For unbelievers are nothing more than sinners !
                          Unbelievers/sinners, they ALL have to believe and repent to be saved.

                          Oh how I love the Word of God!

                          Do not just read the word do it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Jesus taught that we HAVE TO BELIEVE and REPENT of our sins.


                            Mark 1:14 After the arrest of John, Jesus went into Galilee and proclaimed the gospel of God. 15“The time is fulfilled,” He said, “and the kingdom of God is near. Repent and believe in the gospel!”

                            Luke 13:3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.

                            Isaiah 59:20 “The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins,” declares the Lord.

                            John 5:14 Later Jesus found him at the temple and said to him, “See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you.”


                            Luke 24:47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

                            Matthew 11:21 “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! If the miracles done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.

                            Matthew 12:41 The people of Nineveh will stand up at the judgment with this generation and condemn it, because they repented when Jonah preached to them—and now, something greater than Jonah is here!
                            Oh how I love the Word of God!

                            Do not just read the word do it.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              If Jesus doesnt save unbelievers, who does ? Or is it that no unbelievers can be saved ? Or maybe unbelievers save themselves from unbelief if Christ doesnt ?
                              "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
                              preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
                              called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
                              a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

                              Charles Spurgeon !

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X