Satan, Inc (TOL's heretic's list)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
made up theology.......

made up theology.......

im sure i speak for freelight when I say, your not worthy of a response,,have a blessed day,,divider :)

;)

Knowledge is gained with research; desire for truth fosters an ever open mind to learn, .....to keep asking, seeking and knocking. Some by closing their mind or maintaining an unnecessary belief-system make themselves 'unworthy' of enlightenment, but this is the ego's doing whose dogma dies hard.

I had made the comment referring to a situation where my response to a particular individual would be of no benefit, since their attitude was a mind already made up, and my explanations or proposals would only be met with antagonism or resistence, since their dissertation ended with an "end of discussion". You cant reason or dialogue with such a mentality. Since their mind is 'made up' (literally)...the mind traps and illusions are already 'set up'. Such a mentality obscures/distorts reality.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
passages........

passages........

"Jesus said" needs chapter and verse, unless you have some other reliable source of this QUOTE of what He said.

Caino gave you a gospel quote. He also comes from an expanded perspective of Jesus teachings from the Urantia Book.

We have no evidence that all Jesus said or did is contained only in the 4 canonical gospels anyways which is why study of other gospels and concurrent writings of the first few centuries are helpful.

Modern day revelations and communications give us more insight as a collective as well.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
free to choose.....

free to choose.....

Turning into the tragic list. It's so easy to be a believer yet these people will burn in eternity and that is not funny.

The concept of eternal conscious torment (ECT) in hell is erroneous. Ive exposed that here.

The tradegy is a closed mind who no longer chooses for itself the right path by divine guidance. You'll discover more by learning what 'heresy' really means.....look up its etymology.

pj

Right Divider

Body part
Caino gave you a gospel quote. He also comes from an expanded perspective of Jesus teachings from the Urantia Book.

We have no evidence that all Jesus said or did is contained only in the 4 canonical gospels anyways which is why study of other gospels and concurrent writings of the first few centuries are helpful.

Modern day revelations and communications give us more insight as a collective as well.

pj
Actually Caino did not give a reference, so we have to infer that he referring to the Bible. Secondly, if he is actually talking about Matthew 9, he is completely misunderstanding the meaning of that "quote'.
Mat 9:9-13 KJV And as Jesus passed forth from thence, he saw a man, named Matthew, sitting at the receipt of custom: and he saith unto him, Follow me. And he arose, and followed him. (10) And it came to pass, as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples. (11) And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners? (12) But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick. (13) But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
The point of this passage is NOT that some people "don't need a physician" as Caino says, but that the Pharisees were sick but thought that they were well (righteous). It appears that you and Caino think that you're well too.

oatmeal

pj

John 20:31,21:25

All that we need to know is already written

there is absolutely much much more that was not written, but is not necessary for us to know. II Timothy 3:16-17

God's word has all the instructions we need to fulfill God's purposes for our lives.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Levolor
LazyAfternoon
Seems like meshak was added a few pages back
Truster
Cross Reference
Arsenios

Maybe if you stood in the truth then you would not be so offended by those who speak it.

Jesus is my elder brother, a man born from Mary through God, who raised Jesus up to become what He now is.

Now if that is heresy then prove it, or perhaps you have never known the Lord personally at all to be able to know much about it except through mans books in a fallen mind?

LA

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
the remedy......

the remedy......

Actually Caino did not give a reference, so we have to infer that he referring to the Bible. Secondly, if he is actually talking about Matthew 9, he is completely misunderstanding the meaning of that "quote'.
Mat 9:9-13 KJV And as Jesus passed forth from thence, he saw a man, named Matthew, sitting at the receipt of custom: and he saith unto him, Follow me. And he arose, and followed him. (10) And it came to pass, as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples. (11) And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners? (12) But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick. (13) But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
The point of this passage is NOT that some people "don't need a physician" as Caino says, but that the Pharisees were sick but thought that they were well (righteous). It appears that you and Caino think that you're well too.

He did provide the passage, so however he's applying or interpreting that he'll explain.

Otherwise, of course all mankind need the medicine of truth to make them perfect and whole. Love is that medicine. Matt. 5:43-48.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
redeeming the term 'heretic'....

redeeming the term 'heretic'....

Maybe if you stood in the truth then you would not be so offended by those who speak it.

Hi LA,

Its a heretic list.....did u expect an unbiased evaluation system?

One man's heretic is another mans hero.

How we define or intuit truth is another matter.

Jesus is my elder brother, a man born from Mary through God, who raised Jesus up to become what He now is.

A logical relational view since Jesus is the second Adam, 100% man as some creeds affirm, so Jesus being our elder brother is rather endearing. Here we acknowledge Jesus full humanity as the Son of Man.

Now if that is heresy then prove it, or perhaps you have never known the Lord personally at all to be able to know much about it except through mans books in a fallen mind?

One can hold a Unitarian or Trinitarian POV. Somebody prove God cares :idunno: - its just a POV(point of view).

How we know 'God' personally....well thats subjective, as far as we relate to reality personally. As long as a person or persons are involved......its personal. We could move beyond to more non-personal, trans or super-personal levels of reality, but thats another field of observation expounded in more profound texts such as the Urantia Papers.

A true heretic uses his power to choose to his full advantage,....a God given provision.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
enough of the name-twisting......

enough of the name-twisting......

SpongeBob
And
Afterbirth

Being fun, festive or mildy comedic is fine, if you can do such in a somewhat civil respectful way....otherwise you sink to a level below the par of real christian standards, besides just basic human kindness and courtesy.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
seriously.......

seriously.......

Sponge bobby
Afterbirth
And nolife nolight

Amazing.

Well....I think Einstein was onto something here -

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

pj

Lon

....as attempting to put others in a 'box' goes along the same erroneous path as putting 'God' in a box.
:nono: One of the heretical lists could be "Calvinist" and I am on that one on several threads. Such helps a person with context in understanding another's words. "Heretic" according to a narrow Christianity, is important too.
True heretics are those pioneers of Spirit who lead the way, daring to go outside the 'box' and choose to think for themselves.

pj

:nono: You are thinking of cultural thinkers outside the box, not heretics according to Christianity. Those NEVER pioneer but continue on a broad path that leads to destruction, as the Lord Jesus Christ, says. He says too that No man comes to the Father but by Him. As such, the heretic list is necessary.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
....as attempting to put others in a 'box' goes along the same erroneous path as putting 'God' in a box.

True heretics are those pioneers of Spirit who lead the way, daring to go outside the 'box' and choose to think for themselves.

as lon was saying
putting someone in a box gives context to what they say
as an example
when you say, you are born again
we say, how many times
when others say, they are born again
we have no idea what they are taking about

Zeke

as lon was saying
putting someone in a box gives context to what they say
as an example
when you say, you are born again
we say, how many times
when others say, they are born again
we have no idea what they are taking about

The only box is one we put our self in by looking/searching for something outside the natural and divine well inside us, the clutter of programming from parents, cultural, fads, religions/governments of mans laws and traditions programmed into the mind from birth to grave, which molds personality to except this artificial worlds system, which feeds off duality and the barrier that builds between people through religions/dogmas/national/ethnic/gender/royal bloodlines/etc............separation is the rope that will hang the separatist/artificial lump of personality/legal name slave to a paper based spirituality that blinds conscience to the prison it is trapped in. The Soul is dead yet the body lives with a generic faith/trust and is double minded, and will justify killing under any of the above artificial labels, history is not silent to that, but it is to the literal dogma of western christian theology based on a human sacrifice caught under the paper based systems spell of artificiality.

Lon

caught under the paper based systems spell of artificiality.

God will have to reach a good many of us........or just you. :plain:

You and a few others make the bottom of Choleric's list fairly clearly, despite protestations.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
learning the deeper principles of religious philosophy

learning the deeper principles of religious philosophy

Everyone is Someone's Heretic.

(Old Broadway show tune)

The freedom to choose for oneself is at the root of the word 'heretic' as shared earlier....only orthodox christians have given the term a negative connotation for apologetic reasons.

I noticed you're parading levelor's statement to me about the universality of truth in substance and principle at the heart of many religious traditions in your signature. I'd appreciate that recognition by a theist, instead of criticizing or attempting to expose such as a heretical statement.

'God' is a universal omnipresent reality....an undifferentiated unity. Only the various creative expressions of that one Spirit or universal Consciousness differ in their reflections as interpretations or translations of core-reality, therefore each religious culture or tradition is a relative expression of an eternal Absolute. Infinite Intelligence includes all, is all.

Our previous dialogue on 'Sophia' also holds....since Wisdom is the principle thing, and its place in judeo-christian theology and mythology is part of a rich tradition. You will note since wisdom is eternal, it is still the essential way to life, since she is a tree of life. The book of Proverbs, apocryphal and gnostic texts expound more on wisdom, since she is justified by her children. Additional insights relating Sophia to Christ, the Holy Spirit, the Shekinah, the divine feminine/Goddess archetype also holds in various schools, since 'God' individes and synergizes his creative essence in both male and female form in pro-creation. Likewise.....all regenerative cycles of man's evolution include both 'fathering' and 'mothering'.

pj

Lon

I'd appreciate that recognition by a theist, instead of criticizing or attempting to expose such as a heretical statement.
John 4:22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews.

Perhaps the good Samaritan came to your mind...
Joh 4:23 But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers must worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him.
Joh 4:24 God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth."

Because of that, you necessarily MUST be a heretic. You deny the power and blood of the cross.

Ephesians 2:12 remember that at that time you [Christians] were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world.

Christianity is exclusive and you are excluded by denial of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Your borg theology is alien to the scriptures, and Jesus Christ. You must be on that heretic list.