Jesus is God !

Pneuma

I know we have talked about this before, but thought I would interject it again for some of our newcomers.

Elohim (God) is not a singular individual, but a unity.

I have, before, expressed this with the analogy of a city council.
There is only one council, but that one council consists of a unity of individuals.

And a singular member of that one council can say that they have a council.

yes and Jesus said we are elohim, does that make us the one true God also?

Pneuma

I know we have talked about this before, but thought I would interject it again for some of our newcomers.

Elohim (God) is not a singular individual, but a unity.

I have, before, expressed this with the analogy of a city council.
There is only one council, but that one council consists of a unity of individuals.

And a singular member of that one council can say that they have a council.

yes and Jesus said we are elohim, does that make us the one true God also?

Thats a dumb question, no comparison !

Yet if Elohim/God is a unity and we are elohim we are part of that unity.

Thus one could conclude we are God.

So it is not a dumb question and the comparison is accurate.

You don't like it because it exposes the trinity concept as false. So you will just have to deal with it.

Iconodule

Pneuma, you must some day understand the difference between "gods" by grace ("Ye are gods") and God by nature. This is what happens when people stray from the Tradition of the Church and rely on their own personal views to interpret scripture. This forum is full of one-man churches and self-appointed Popes, none of whom agree with each other except on the idea that scripture can say whatever we want it to say.

Pneuma

Pneuma, you must some day understand the difference between "gods" by grace ("Ye are gods") and God by nature. This is what happens when people stray from the Tradition of the Church and rely on their own personal views to interpret scripture. This forum is full of one-man churches and self-appointed Popes, none of whom agree with each other except on the idea that scripture can say whatever we want it to say.

And you must understand the Christ is MORE then the HEAD Jesus.

If the HEAD is the one true God so to is the BODY of Christ.

What you are doing is cutting the HEAD off the BODY and by doing so you in effect kill Christ.

Iconodule

What you are doing is cutting the HEAD off the BODY and by doing so you in effect kill Christ.

Wow, Pneuma, if only the early Church had YOU around to explain to them what the scriptures mean. It must be very lonely being the only real Christian in the world.

beloved57

pn

Yet if Elohim/God is a unity and we are elohim we are part of that unity.

Thus one could conclude we are God.

So it is not a dumb question and the comparison is accurate.

You don't like it because it exposes the trinity concept as false. So you will just have to deal with it.

Yes its dumb, no comparison. Just foolish talking you doing !

Apple7

My argument is not that Christ is not God, my argument is Christ is not God the Father. They are two disticnt beings, just as my sons are not me, but come from me.

Whoever said that the Father is the Son, besides you???!

The Trinity already comprehends that they are not each other....however, they are each the one God.

See your confusion?

Pneuma

Whoever said that the Father is the Son, besides you???!

The Trinity already comprehends that they are not each other....however, they are each the one God.

See your confusion?

And that is why Jesus said my God and your God. It can't get any plainer then that.

keypurr

:cheers:

Gill White

Yes, she gave birth to a human being who is also God- the theanthropos (God-Man).

Let's see what the angel said, bearing in mind God sent the angel:

Luke 1:30-33 GW
The angel told her, "Don't be afraid, Mary. You have found favor with God. You will become pregnant, give birth to a son, and name him Jesus. He will be a great man and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his ancestor David. Your son will be king of Jacob's people forever, and his kingdom will never end."

Jesus is the Son of the MOST HIGH GOD?

Mark 5:7 GW
and shouted, "Why are you bothering me now, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? Swear to God that you won't torture me."

Luk 8:28 GW
When he saw Jesus, he shouted, fell in front of him, and said in a loud voice, "Why are you bothering me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg you not to torture me!"

Now who is the MOST HIGH GOD?

Gill White

The best way to teach, is to rather prove that the trinity doctrine is true, then asking someone to thwart it:

I am yet to find one person, who actually knows and understands the ''trinity'' doctrine.

A catholic priest said this: “The trinity is a wonderful mystery. No one understands it......”

Lon

The best way to teach, is to rather prove that the trinity doctrine is true, then asking someone to thwart it:

I am yet to find one person, who actually knows and understands the ''trinity'' doctrine.
So if God tells you something but you aren't exactly sure what it all means, you won't believe it until He comes down and it explains it just to you?
:doh:
I don't know how I will be changed like Him when I see Him face to face 1John 3, but I believe it. :doh:

Gill White

So if God tells you something but you aren't exactly sure what it all means, you won't believe it until He comes down and it explains it just to you?
:doh:
I don't know how I will be changed like Him when I see Him face to face 1John 3, but I believe it. :doh:

God has told you and explained it to you.

Jesus is God's son, but you don't believe that.

So you decided not to believe God.

When someone comes along and tells you that Jesus was God the Son, the 2nd person of the trinity, you believe it.

But when God says Jesus is the Son of Most High God, you don't believe God. :doh:

The angel told her, "Don't be afraid, Mary. You have found favor with God. You will become pregnant, give birth to a son, and name him Jesus. He will be a great man and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his ancestor David. Your son will be king of Jacob's people forever, and his kingdom will never end."

and shouted, "Why are you bothering me now, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? Swear to God that you won't torture me."

When he saw Jesus, he shouted, fell in front of him, and said in a loud voice, "Why are you bothering me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg you not to torture me!"

Gill White

God has told you and explained it to you.

Jesus is God's son, but you don't believe that.

So you decided not to believe God.

When someone comes along and tells you that Jesus was God the Son, the 2nd person of the trinity, you believe it.

But when God says Jesus is the Son of Most High God, you don't believe God. :doh:

Acts 3:13-26 GW
(13) The God of our ancestors Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob has glorified his servant Jesus. You handed Jesus over to Pilate. You rejected him in Pilate's presence, even though Pilate had decided to let him go free.
(14) You rejected the man who was holy and innocent. You asked to have a murderer given to you,
(15) and you killed the source of life. But God brought him back to life, and we are witnesses to that.
(16) We believe in the one named Jesus. Through his power alone this man, whom you know, was healed, as all of you saw.
(17) "And now, brothers, I know that like your rulers you didn't know what you were doing.
(18) But in this way God made the sufferings of his Messiah come true. God had predicted these sufferings through all the prophets.
(19) So change the way you think and act, and turn to God to have your sins removed.
(20) Then times will come when the Lord will refresh you. He will send you Jesus, whom he has appointed to be the Christ.
(21) Heaven must receive Jesus until the time when everything will be restored as God promised through his holy prophets long ago.
(22) "Moses said, 'The Lord your God will send you a prophet, an Israelite like me. Listen to everything he tells you.
(23) Those who won't listen to that prophet will be excluded from the people.'
(24) Samuel and all the prophets who followed him spoke about these days.
(25) You are the descendants of the prophets and the heirs of the promise that God made to our ancestors when he said to Abraham, 'Through your descendant all people on earth will be blessed.'
(26) God has brought his servant back to life and has sent him to you first. God did this to bless you by turning every one of you from your evil ways."

1Th 1:10 GW
(10) and to wait for his Son to come from heaven. His Son is Jesus, whom he brought back to life. Jesus is the one who rescues us from God's coming anger.