Jesus is God !

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Funny isn't it?

They don't understand that Jesus has a God.
I know we have talked about this before, but thought I would interject it again for some of our newcomers.

Elohim (God) is not a singular individual, but a unity.

I have, before, expressed this with the analogy of a city council.
There is only one council, but that one council consists of a unity of individuals.

And a singular member of that one council can say that they have a council.

keypurr

I know we have talked about this before, but thought I would interject it again for some of our newcomers.

Elohim (God) is not a singular individual, but a unity.

I have, before, expressed this with the analogy of a city council.
There is only one council, but that one council consists of a unity of individuals.

And a singular member of that one council can say that they have a council.

I remember that being said, but even if ther is more than one, only one is the true God. I see the deity in Christ, but he is a servant of his Father who he says is the only true God. So maybe there is more than one, but only one is the real God.

Tam, your post of last week made me realize how educated you. I envy you for I have very little college education. The little bit I do have though is high. (4.0) I would have made a great scientist but it just was not in the cards. But I feel that God has blessed me with the power to reason to learn. Now, after all these years I am still learning about our great God.

Wile E. Coyote

How does any of that tell us Jesus is God?

Keep in mind Moses and Angles have spoke AS God.
Only ONE angel spoke as God because He eas God.

And he blessed Joseph, and said:
God, before whom my fathers Abraham and Isaac walked,
The God who has fed me all my life long to this day,
The Angel who has redeemed me from all evil,
Genesis 48:15-16

keypurr

Only ONE angel spoke as God because He eas God.

And he blessed Joseph, and said:
God, before whom my fathers Abraham and Isaac walked,
The God who has fed me all my life long to this day,
The Angel who has redeemed me from all evil,
Genesis 48:15-16

Not so Wile, Christ never was an Angel, although he spoke through one.

Heb 1:6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
Heb 1:7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

Heb 1:13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?

Stop degrading your Lord.

glew

BANNED
Banned
Concerning our beloved57's verses of choice-

Jesus did not feel inclined in the least to share with the rich young loser or the twelve dum dums who He really was. So the question is-

Why should we?

(Is the answer pride? We have enough of that and more than enough to go around.)

Pneuma

Why didn't Thomas share your conclusion? Shortly after Jesus called His Father "My God" Thomas called Jesus "My Lord and My God."

One of you is wrong and it ain't Thomas.

Thomas does share my conclusion. When Thomas saw Jesus he said my Lord and my God.

Tell me this, when people look at us christians are they to see us or are they to see Christ in us?

Same senerio, thus Jesus said when you have seen me you have seen the Father.

If one looks upon Jesus Christ they will see the Father.

Pneuma

Why don't you tell us exactly how this supposedly thwarts the Trinity?

You uni's are all alike....you say lookie here at these verses, as if they somehow conflict with the Trinity...and yet, you can't quite tell us how they supposedly do....because you don't know what the Trinity even is...

Its fun to watch you attack your own straw-man, however...

Christ according to you guys is God, so how can God be subject to God if they are ONE God?

That scripture undoes the whole Trinitarian belief.

Pneuma

Well let me break it down to you like thus. You see...GOD mentions numerous times throughout the Old Testament. That HE IS THE OF GOD OF THAT trinity of persons named Abraham,Isaac,and Jacob. A physical type,and representation of Jehovah GOD The Father,Son,and Holy Spirit.

Yet Abe is not Isaac and Isaac is not Jacob.