the seven heads

Wick Stick

this is not prophecy?
so
what is this?

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass
I'm glad you asked.

There is a literary style called an apocryphon, which was used in Judaism and some of the mystery religions. An apocryphon is a book in which all the names and places have been changed, usually using a theme.

This is done so that a person found in possession of the apocryphon won't be arrested and executed when found in possession of literatury that, say... promotes sedition or accuses the current emperor of improprieties.

An apocalypse, then, is when someone initiated into the mysteries of the book sits down with an apocryphon, and explains what the symbols mean so that the average reader can understand the book's meaning.

In the case of The Apocalypse, there are a series of "visions" which act as the apocryphon (and which closely mirror Daniel). The apostle John is the one who is receiving the explanation thereof, and it is Jesus doing the 'splaining.

So basically, everything that John SEES ought to be interpreted, while a large portion of what is SAID to him, is literal. An example:

This needs interpretation:
1:12 And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks.

This IS the interpretation, so don't try to reinterpret it, as well:
1:20 The mystery of the ... seven golden candlesticks. The ... seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

When people get lost in Revelation, half the time it's because they are trying to interpret something literal as if it were figurative. The other half of the time, it's because they're trying to apply it to themselves in this day and age, which is not the place or age the book was written for.

Jarrod

daqq

can you count dynasties?

historians can

I thought this thread was for counting heads with blasphemous names?

1) Nbuwkadre'tsar (Hebrew) - Jeremiah 25:1
2) Nbuwkadre'tsowr (Hebrew) - Ezra 2:1, Jeremiah 49:28
3) Nbukadne'tsar (Hebrew) - 2 Kings 24:1, Daniel 2:1
4) Nbuwkadne'tsar (Hebrew) - 2 Kings 24:11, Jeremiah 27:6, Daniel 1:1
5) Nbuwkadnetsar (Hebrew) - Esther 2:6, Daniel 1:18
6) Nbuwkadnetsar (Aramaic) - Ezra 5:12, Daniel 2:28, Daniel 3:13
7) Nbukadnetsar (Aramaic) - Daniel 3:14
8) Nbuwkadre'tsar (Hebrew) - Ezekiel 29:18-21

First year of Nbuwkadre'tsar is Jeremiah 25:1

Jeremiah 25:1
1. The word that came to Jeremiah concerning all the people of Judah in the fourth year of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of Judah, that was the first year of Nbuwkadre'tsar king of Babylon:

Ezekiel concerning Tyre-Tyrus, (Tsowr) and Nbuwkadre'tsar:

Ezekiel 26:7
7. For thus says Adonay YHWH; Behold, I will bring upon Tyrus, Nbuwkadre'tsar king of Babylon, a king of kings, from the north, with horses, and with chariots, and with horsemen, and companies, and much people.

Ezekiel 29:18-21
18. Son of man, Nbuwkadre'tsar king of Babylon caused his army to serve a great service against Tyrus: every head was made bald, and every shoulder was peeled: yet had he no wages, nor his army, for Tyrus, for the service that he had served against it:
19. Therefore thus says Adonay YHWH; Behold, I will give the land of Egypt unto Nbuwkadre'tsar king of Babylon; and he shall take her multitude, and take her spoil, and take her prey; and it shall be the wages for his army.
20. I have given him the land of Egypt for his labor wherewith he served against it, because they wrought for me, says Adonay YHWH.
21. In that day will I cause the horn of the house of Yisrael to bud forth, and I will give thee the opening of the mouth in the midst of them; and they shall know that I am YHWH.

And was it not already said in another of your threads how historicism is fallacy? When did Nebuchanezzar ever conquer Egypt and fulfill the things prophesied in the several above passages of Ezekiel? They were never fulfilled because clearly from a purely historical context Nebuchadnezzar never conquered Egypt. Therefore I said to you elsewhere: Nbuwkadre'tsar the terrible of the heathen is on his way, and the eighth is of the seven, the head-sum of the gold, O king, so that the words of God be fulfilled, (Rev 17:17). Perhaps in the afterglow of the aftermath days you will consider it perfectly, O king. :)

daqq

why did you think that?
the woman is a city
she is full of names of blasphemy

The women are the cities are the covenants:

Galatians 4:22-27 KJV
22. For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
23. But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
24. Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
25. For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
26. But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
27. For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband [Isaiah 54:1].

Yerushalaim of above is my mother covenant and this is Spirit. Those who see the covenant according to the flesh do not yet have a renewed covenant because they see all things according to the eyes and mind of the flesh carnal man, including the commandments of God and the covenant, as pertaining to physical meanings and physical things. They are therefore either in bondage to a physical understanding of the commandments; or they choose to completely "abolish" the Torah from their carnal minds, because they do not and cannot comprehend Torah as understood by and through the Spirit of the Testimony of Yeshua. It is the same old allegory of the same old war concerning the Spirit against the Flesh:

Horeb (Spirit) -vs- Sinai (Flesh)
Isaac (Spirit) -vs- Ishmael (Flesh)
Freewoman (Spirit) -vs- Bondwoman (Flesh)
Sarah (Spirit) -vs- Hagar (Egypt, "great of flesh", Eze 16:26 KJV)
Yerushalaim of above (Spirit) -vs- Yerushalaim of below ("the Flesh")

Also in the above passage Paul quotes from Isaiah 54:1 and its CONTEXT:

Isaiah 54:1-4 KJV
1. Sing, O barren, thou that didst not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith the Lord [Gal 4:27].
2. Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch forth the curtains of thine habitations: spare not, lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy stakes;
3. For thou shalt break forth on the right hand and on the left; and thy seed shall inherit the Gentiles, and make the desolate cities to be inhabited.
4. Fear not; for thou shalt not be ashamed: neither be thou confounded; for thou shalt not be put to shame: for thou shalt forget the shame of thy youth, and shalt not remember the reproach of thy widowhood [the opposite of the woman of Rev 18:7] any more.

Note that all of the things written in Isaiah 54:2 pertain to the Mishkan-Tabernacle: "thy tent", "the curtains of thy habitations", "thy cords", "thy tent stakes", all these things clearly reveal from the context of Gal 4:22-27 that Paul speaks of the Desert Tabernacle as our mother, that is, our mother covenant by the allegory from the passage. Therefore the women are the cities are the covenants. Yea, and when it pleased Elohim, who separated me from the womb of my mother, and called me by His grace, to reveal His Son in me, immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: and from a babe have I known the holy scriptures. :chuckle:

daqq

I strongly suggest that everyone read Daqq's posts. The man has a handle on scripture, Old and New Testament. I dare to say, genius. Plus, he seems like a nice guy.

Friend, believe the words of Yeshua which I quote below, and do not fear to enter into the waters of the Word of Torah, Prophets, and Writings; for you will not "fall from grace" if you enter in with a repentant heart, and in prayer, so long as you continue in the Spirit of the Testimony of Yeshua, and so long as you do not seek to justify yourself by the law:

Matthew 13:51-52
51. Yeshua says unto them, Have you understood all these things? They say unto him, Yea, Master.
52. Then he says unto them: Therefore every scribe which is discipled unto the kingdom of the heavens is like unto a man that is an householder who brings forth out of his thesauros-treasury things new and old.

Therefore, in the context of the above statement, all of the parables of Matthew 13 pertain to both the "old", (covenant) and the "new", (covenant). And therefore the parables of Messiah expound the Torah, the Prophets, and the Writings, and the "new" is the "old" as it is understood through the "lenses" of the parables, allegories, doctrines, idioms, and sayings of Messiah Yeshua. I have no wisdom of my own. :)

OCTOBER23

Daqq,

So, basically

Romans 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

---------------------------------------
Leviticus 19:20 And whosoever lieth carnally with a woman, that is a bondmaid, betrothed to an husband, and not at all redeemed, nor freedom given her; she shall be scourged; they shall not be put to death, because she was not free.

RBBI

Friend, believe the words of Yeshua which I quote below, and do not fear to enter into the waters of the Word of Torah, Prophets, and Writings; for you will not "fall from grace" if you enter in with a repentant heart, and in prayer, so long as you continue in the Spirit of the Testimony of Yeshua, and so long as you do not seek to justify yourself by the law:

Matthew 13:51-52
51. Yeshua says unto them, Have you understood all these things? They say unto him, Yea, Master.
52. Then he says unto them: Therefore every scribe which is discipled unto the kingdom of the heavens is like unto a man that is an householder who brings forth out of his thesauros-treasury things new and old.

Therefore, in the context of the above statement, all of the parables of Matthew 13 pertain to both the "old", (covenant) and the "new", (covenant). And therefore the parables of Messiah expound the Torah, the Prophets, and the Writings, and the "new" is the "old" as it is understood through the "lenses" of the parables, allegories, doctrines, idioms, and sayings of Messiah Yeshua. I have no wisdom of my own. :)

It's amazing what you've posted in this thread, yet you must have ears to hear to receive it. Don't stop sharing. :)

Right Divider

Body part
It's amazing what you've posted in this thread, yet you must have ears to hear to receive it. Don't stop sharing. :)
So the minister of the circumcision ministered to the circumcision? I'm stunned.
Rom 15:8-12 KJV Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers: (9) And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name. (10) And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people. (11) And again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people. (12) And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.
Later in the same passage, Paul explains some things about his ministry:
Rom 15:16-21 KJV That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost. (17) I have therefore whereof I may glory through Jesus Christ in those things which pertain to God. (18) For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ hath not wrought by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed, (19) Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ. (20) Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation: (21) But as it is written, To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand.
Paul was careful NOT to build on "another man's foundation" and yet he ALSO says that he laid the foundation:
1Co 3:10-11 KJV According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. (11) For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
How can this be? TWO foundations laid and YET there is ONLY ONE foundation.

daqq

why did you think that?
the woman is a city
she is full of names of blasphemy

Daqq,

So, basically

Romans 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

---------------------------------------
Leviticus 19:20 And whosoever lieth carnally with a woman, that is a bondmaid, betrothed to an husband, and not at all redeemed, nor freedom given her; she shall be scourged; they shall not be put to death, because she was not free.

The reason I posted this:

I thought this thread was for counting heads with blasphemous names?

1) Nbuwkadre'tsar (Hebrew) - Jeremiah 25:1
2) Nbuwkadre'tsowr (Hebrew) - Ezra 2:1, Jeremiah 49:28
3) Nbukadne'tsar (Hebrew) - 2 Kings 24:1, Daniel 2:1
4) Nbuwkadne'tsar (Hebrew) - 2 Kings 24:11, Jeremiah 27:6, Daniel 1:1
5) Nbuwkadnetsar (Hebrew) - Esther 2:6, Daniel 1:18
6) Nbuwkadnetsar (Aramaic) - Ezra 5:12, Daniel 2:28, Daniel 3:13
7) Nbukadnetsar (Aramaic) - Daniel 3:14
8) Nbuwkadre'tsar (Hebrew) - Ezekiel 29:18-21

First year of Nbuwkadre'tsar is Jeremiah 25:1

Jeremiah 25:1
1. The word that came to Jeremiah concerning all the people of Judah in the fourth year of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of Judah, that was the first year of Nbuwkadre'tsar king of Babylon:

Ezekiel concerning Tyre-Tyrus, (Tsowr) and Nbuwkadre'tsar:

Ezekiel 26:7
7. For thus says Adonay YHWH; Behold, I will bring upon Tyrus, Nbuwkadre'tsar king of Babylon, a king of kings, from the north, with horses, and with chariots, and with horsemen, and companies, and much people.

Ezekiel 29:18-21
18. Son of man, Nbuwkadre'tsar king of Babylon caused his army to serve a great service against Tyrus: every head was made bald, and every shoulder was peeled: yet had he no wages, nor his army, for Tyrus, for the service that he had served against it:
19. Therefore thus says Adonay YHWH; Behold, I will give the land of Egypt unto Nbuwkadre'tsar king of Babylon; and he shall take her multitude, and take her spoil, and take her prey; and it shall be the wages for his army.
20. I have given him the land of Egypt for his labor wherewith he served against it, because they wrought for me, says Adonay YHWH.
21. In that day will I cause the horn of the house of Yisrael to bud forth, and I will give thee the opening of the mouth in the midst of them; and they shall know that I am YHWH.

And was it not already said in another of your threads how historicism is fallacy? When did Nebuchanezzar ever conquer Egypt and fulfill the things prophesied in the several above passages of Ezekiel? They were never fulfilled because clearly from a purely historical context Nebuchadnezzar never conquered Egypt. Therefore I said to you elsewhere: Nbuwkadre'tsar the terrible of the heathen is on his way, and the eighth is of the seven, the head-sum of the gold, O king, so that the words of God be fulfilled, (Rev 17:17). Perhaps in the afterglow of the aftermath days you will consider it perfectly, O king. :)

Is because the scripture says this:

Revelation 13:1 KJV
1. And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Revelation 13:1 ASV
1. and he stood upon the sand of the sea. And I saw a beast coming up out of the sea, having ten horns, and seven heads, and on his horns ten diadems, and upon his heads names of blasphemy.

As one may see it really does not matter whether the Prophet says "names of blasphemy", (plural, ASV) or "name of blasphemy", (singular, KJV) because all seven names are the same name only with slightly different variant spellings. And truly it is a blasphemous name because it means "Nebu protects the/my boundary", (see Thayers definition). The "boundary" of a man is likewise symbolized in the number six hundred as well because the outer portion of the Ezekiel Temple, the "profane-commons area" outside the wall of the Temple, is fifty cubits roundabout. This means the profane area adds fifty cubits to each end of the side measurements of five hundred for a total of six hundred cubits for each of the four side measurements of the square. The wall itself is five hundred cubits roundabout and therefore the profane area measures out at six hundred cubits roundabout, (which is "the flesh" in the symbolism of the body-temple of the man because the Ezekiel Temple is the Temple of a man, that is, the man Yeshua Messiah). In the Old Greek Septuagint version of Daniel 3:1 king Nebuchadnezzar sets up the image of gold in this exact place, immediately outside the wall of Babylon, that is, in the "rampart" common area which lies roundabout the outer wall of the city of Babylon. The symbolic number of this area is six hundred. Thus king Nebuchadnezzar himself, whom the Prophet Daniel says is the head-sum of the gold, (for resh/ro'sh not only means the head but the sum) has the number which is six hundred, sixty, and six: for those are the measures from Daniel 3:1 if the measurement of six hundred from the outer boundary commons-profane is understood from the Ezekiel Temple measurements. Likewise in the Ezekiel Temple the gates are sixty cubits high, (enter by the narrow gate) and the wall itself is a reed which is six cubits by the cubit and the handbreadth. The number of the man, Nebuchadrezzar, is six hundred, sixty, and six:

Daniel 3:1 Septuagint Old Greek
1. ετους οκτωκαιδεκατου ναβουχοδονοσορ βασιλευς διοικων πολεις και χωρας και παντας τους κατοικουντας επι της γης απο ινδικης εως αιθιοπιας εποιησεν εικονα χρυσην το υψος αυτης πηχων εξηκοντα και το πλατος αυτης πηχων εξ και εστησεν αυτην εν πεδιω του περιβολου χωρας βαβυλωνιας

Daniel 3:1 Septuagint Old Greek Translation
3. The eighteenth year of the administration of king Nebuchadnezzar over cities, and territories, and all the permanent dwellers upon the earth from India to Ethiopia, [Ethiopia near the Philistines, Gaza, and Arabia, 2 Chr 21:16, Acts 8:26-27] he made an image of gold: the height of it sixty cubits, and the breadth of it six cubits, and he stood it in the field of the rampart-wall-roundabout [symbolic six hundred cubits] the territory of Babylon.

However the symbolic number of six hundred could not be written into this passage because the city of Babylon was clearly much greater in the circumference of its outer perimeter wall. Therefore the number is left out and explained in the Ezekiel Temple which is also the Temple of a Man. Again this symbolism is portrayed in that king David gave for the whole threshing floor of Ornan six hundred shekels of gold by weight, (1 Chr 21:25) and this represents the total area including the fifty cubit roundabout "commons-profane" area immediately outside the outer wall in the Ezekiel Temple measurements. :)

False Prophet

9 “You need a wise mind to understand this. The seven heads on the beast are seven mountains where the woman sits.
The seven heads are seven mountains or the seven hills of Rome.

daqq

9 “You need a wise mind to understand this. The seven heads on the beast are seven mountains where the woman sits.

Who is wise but he that has the Testimony of Yeshua?
The devils are likened unto "evil mountains" in the doctrine of Yeshua:

Revelation 19:10 KJV
10. And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Revelation 19:10 YLT
10. and I fell before his feet, to bow before him, and he saith to me, 'See - not! fellow servant of thee am I, and of thy brethren, those having the testimony of Jesus; bow before God, for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of the prophecy.'

Matthew 17:18-21 KJV
18. And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.
19. Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?
20. And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
21. Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

Deuteronomy 7:1-6 KJV
1. When the Lord thy God shall bring thee into the land whither thou goest to possess it, and hath cast out many nations before thee, the Hittites, and the Girgashites, and the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, seven nations greater and mightier than thou;
2. And when the Lord thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them:
3. Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son.
4. For they will turn away thy son from following me, that they may serve other gods: so will the anger of the Lord be kindled against you, and destroy thee suddenly.
5. But thus shall ye deal with them; ye shall destroy their altars, and break down their images, and cut down their groves, and burn their graven images with fire.
6. For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

This kind of "marriage" is not the kind which may be witnessed with the eyes of the flesh; it is a "marriage" like as in the days of Noah, (or the Queen of the South, Sheba-Seven) and every devil has its doctrine: seven mountains of the heathen-nations of the Land. The same was true of the duo of the Gergesenos in Matthew 8:28, (possessed of the Girgashite-heathen-devils).

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

everyone knew rome had seven hills
so
how is that a mystery?

daqq

So the minister of the circumcision ministered to the circumcision? I'm stunned.
Rom 15:8-12 KJV Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers: (9) And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name. (10) And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people. (11) And again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people. (12) And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.
Later in the same passage, Paul explains some things about his ministry:
Rom 15:16-21 KJV That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost. (17) I have therefore whereof I may glory through Jesus Christ in those things which pertain to God. (18) For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ hath not wrought by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed, (19) Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ. (20) Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation: (21) But as it is written, To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand.
Paul was careful NOT to build on "another man's foundation" and yet he ALSO says that he laid the foundation:
1Co 3:10-11 KJV According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. (11) For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Paul tells us that his foundation is Messiah, and Messiah is the Memra-Logos-Word, (ALL of it from the beginning). Also Messiah HAS BECOME the Minister of the circumcision, (not "was") just as Messiah is the new eternal Mediator and Nagiyd-Commander of the Covenant having become the final and eternal High Priest after the order of Melki-Tzedek. Even the NKJV disputes the old KJV rendering, (Romans 15:8 NKJV).

Romans 15:8 ASV
8. For I say that Christ hath been made a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, that he might confirm the promises given unto the fathers,

Romans 15:8 YLT (Young's Literal Bble)
8. And I say Jesus Christ to have become a ministrant of circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises to the fathers,

Have you ever noticed that Paul only writes to seven congregations after the pattern of Revelation of Messiah Yeshua? It is a body-temple template hidden in the parables, doctrines, idioms, and sayings of Yeshua: right eye, left eye, right arm and hand, left arm and hand, right leg and foot, left leg and foot: if your right eye offends you, remove his lamp, for the eye is the lamp which lights the inside of the body-temple of the man: if therefore your eye be single, your whole body shall be full of light. But if your eye be evil, your whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you be darkness, how great is that darkness! And of course there is that little horn member, the tongue, which is the seat and throne of the Adversary and boasts great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindles; the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defiles the whole body, and lights on fire the course of nature, and it is set on fire of Gehenna. For every genos of beast, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and has been tamed by man: but the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. And the forked double tongue has a baal of two horns like a lamb that speaks like a dragon. :chuckle: