Miscellaneous and Varied Truth's of scripture!

beloved57

When are the Elect saved ? continued !

When are the Elect saved ? continued !

So the Elect are saved Eternally by the Divine Purpose 2 Tim 1:9, and they are saved Legally by the Everlasting Covenant, Christ having been set up for them as an Surety, and Legally by the Cross as an event that happened in time, and all of this before they have Faith, and even before they are born sinners, and enemies of God !

Now Lastly, they are saved experientially by New Birth and by Faith, believing of the Truth. Thats what Paul means by 2 Thess 2:13

13But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Thats Salvation by Grace through Faith [ The belief of the Truth]. That is experimental salvation or conversion, this aspect of salvation, yes faith or belief of the Truth is indispensable !

The word belief here is the greek word pistis and is translated faith 239 times :

conviction of the truth of anything, belief; in the NT of a conviction or belief respecting man's relationship to God and divine things, generally with the included idea of trust and holy fervour born of faith and joined with it

a) relating to God

1) the conviction that God exists and is the creator and ruler of all things, the provider and bestower of eternal salvation through Christ

In this respect Faith is necessary for Salvation, belief in the Truth ! Now Election is unto Salvation in this respect !

This aspect of Salvation is an Applicatory Work of the Spirit of God, and Faith is His producing in one, His Fruit, God said Hosea 14:8

Ephraim shall say, What have I to do any more with idols? I have heard him, and observed him: I am like a green fir tree. From me is thy fruit found.

by the Sanctifying Work of the Spirit, they are also born again by Him.

However, there was never a time in the history of any sinner that Christ contracted to die for, they were not forgiven of their sins, reconciled to God, and Justified in His sight, based solely on the Covenant engagements of their Head, Surety and Mediator, the Lord Jesus Christ. So yes it is a time in their salvation History that Faith is Essential to be saved [ experientially and consciously. But if you or i teach that Faith is Essential as a condition to get saved,we are liars and preach a False Gospel, simple as that !

Last edited:

beloved57

Vessels of Mercy !

Vessels of Mercy !

Rom 9:20-24

20Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

21Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

22What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

23And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

24Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

They were vessels of mercy in that as they were chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world Eph 1:4 also Loved in Him Jn 17:23, yet it was the Father's good pleasure that they partake of of flesh and blood Heb 2:14, and so He created them in their natural head Adam, which was also added to him [Adam] the vessels of wrath, however they are distinguished by God, in God's Eternal Purpose of Election, having been Chosen afore in Christ, and having been chosen to salvation 2 Thess 2:13 and had been predestinated unto the adoption of Children by Jesus Christ Eph 1:5. They had been given to the Lord Christ as His Portion, as it is written Deut 32:9

For the LORD's portion is his people; Jacob is the lot of his inheritance.

And no this does not refer to the ethnic jews, but to the Chosen in Christ Eph 1:4

4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

His Inheritance Eph 1:18

18The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

The same Inheritance as Deut 32:9

For God does not have Two different people's as His Inheritance, Just one.

Mic 7:18

Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.

They are the Vessels of Mercy Rom 9:23 !

Last edited:

beloved57

Eves Transgression !

Eves Transgression !

1 Tim 2:12-14

12But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

13For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

14And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Rom 5:14

14Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Gen 5:1-2

1This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;

2Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.
In actuality, it was by Eve's Transgression that sinned entered into the world, however Adam was accountable for Her Act, so it was Adam's Transgression 1 Tim 2:14.

Eve did receive the Law first while she was yet in him, His Rib Gen 2:15-17

15And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

16And the LORD God commanded the man[Eve was in Adam], saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

17But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Now the second Eve ate of that fruit, she died and Adam died and the elect in Him Died. I believe Adam's death to God was evidenced by His prompt willingness to disobey God personally himself at the hand of his wife, for it reads Gen 3:6

6And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

Adam had no power or will to resist that act and his own personal disobedience, for that was the power of the flesh and sin in death !

beloved57

Two Men !

Two Men !

The scriptures teach that the believer is a compound being, for He is a Being born out of the flesh, that is a corruptible seed Jn 3:6

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

1 Pet 1:23

23Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

By Nature we are flesh out of adam that corruptible seed we were in by Creation ! And then there is another Man the True believer is, this Man being born out of the Incorruptible Seed 1 Pet 1:23, being that which is of the Spirit Jn 3:6.

2 Cor 4:16 in this scripture the believer is composed of the outer man and a inward man [ A Spiritual Jew Rom 2:29]

This man is also referenced by Paul here Rom 7:22

22For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

That Inward Man Paul says Eph 4:24

24And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

This man was born of that Incorruptible Seed, and Cannot Sin 1 Jn 3:9

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Folks, this only pertains to the New Man, which after God is Created in Righteousness and True Holiness. True Holiness cannot sin, Period !

But we must not forget, that Same Believer is also another man, that man born out of the corruptible seed, the Flesh, that cannot cease from sinning, thats Why John says 1 Jn 1:8

8 If we[Believers] say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

The New Man that cannot sin, which is born of God, is housed in that outward Man, that born out of flesh and corruptible seed, God has ordained their pilgrimage here together, in fact, thats how the elder serves the younger. The elect begin this journey in the elder, by being first born in time in the flesh, but later they are born again out of the Spirit, the Younger, and hence until the day of redemption, the elder shall serve the younger accomplishing the good and perfect will of God !

beloved57

Two things Jesus and satan have in common !

Did you know that its Two things that Jesus Christ and The Devil have in common ? Yes, Both of them are Fathers by Divine Purpose and Both have seed by Divine Purpose !

God speaking to satan, who was in the serpent says this Gen 3:14-15

14And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

15And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Now if we believe scripture, if we believe God, the serpent has a seed !

Now the prophet Isaiah speaking of Jesus Christ writes of Him Isa 53:10

10Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

Now scripture indicates that Jesus is a Father Isa 9:6

6For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Now this Fatherhood belongs to Christ only in the redemptive sense, He is not God the Father, who is both Our God and Father !

The word Father here in Isa 9:6 is the hebrew word 'ab:

father of an individual

2) of God as father of his people

3) head or founder of a household, group, family, or clan

4) ancestor

a) grandfather, forefathers -- of person

b) of people

5) originator or patron of a class, profession, or art

6) of producer, generator (fig.)

7) of benevolence and protection (fig.)

8) term of respect and honour

9) ruler or chief (spec.)

Christ is the generator of His Seed 1 Pet 1:3,23

Now, scripture says that the Devil, satan, the serpent is a father, Jesus who also is God in the flesh says this Jn 8:44

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

The word father here is the greek word patēr and means:

generator or male ancestor

a) either the nearest ancestor: father of the corporeal nature, natural fathers, both parents

b) a more remote ancestor, the founder of a family or tribe, progenitor of a people, forefather: so Abraham is called, Jacob and David

1) fathers i.e. ancestors, forefathers, founders of a nation

c) one advanced in years, a senior

2) metaph.

a) the originator and transmitter of anything

1) the authors of a family or society of persons animated by the same spirit as himself

2) one who has infused his own spirit into others, who actuates and governs their minds

b) one who stands in a father's place and looks after another in a paternal way

c) a title of honour

Satan's Fatherhood is for the fact that by causing Adam to sin, Adam now becomes the means of conveyance of the serpents seed into the world.

So now both the Elect and Non elect, the reprobates are born with the nature of satans offspring, and the elect are by nature children of wrath as others, others being the reprobate, the seed of the serpent .

So Christ is a Father and has a seed and satan is a father and has a seed.

And many times they are hard to tell apart from outward appearance and so Jesus says this Matt 13:27-30

27So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

28He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

29But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

30 Let both grow together until the harvest
: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

The enemy that done this was The Devil through the Serpent back in Gen 3, causing the Fall of Adam and Eve !

Last edited:

beloved57

Ye are of your father the devil; Speaking of Christ, He shall be called the Everlasting Father. The reason for these Two separate Beings being called a Father is because each as Spiritual Beings were made Heads of families or offspring, for example, Christ's offspring is spoken of here Isa 53:10

10Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

The devil or Satan's offspring is mentioned here Gen 3:15

15And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Satan's offspring had their origin in him, and Christ's offspring had their origin in Him. Each Head or Father had a God ordained purpose and end with their members. Folks that is why Jesus called him a Father Jn 8:44, because he knew that Satan had been given a seed. How did Christ Know this ? Because Christ created Satan and his seed Col 1:15-16

15Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Eph 6:12

12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Christ created these evil principalities and powers !

God purposed to populate the world with Satan's seed by ordaining the fall or sin of adam through eve, hence that done, the serpent uses the fallen nature of the elects first natural parents, to bring his seed in the world through normal sexual relations of man and woman. Because of sin and transgression God added another conception to the woman [Gen 3:16] for they would now parent more than the seed of the Godly [Mal 2:15], for if Adam and Eve would not have sinned, then only the Elect would come from their Union, however that was not God's purpose !

beloved57

The Seed of the Woman !

The Seed of the Woman !

The Seed of the Woman in Gen 3:15 is Christ, and this is not a literal seed for her but a mystical one , or in figurative expression as with also the seed of the serpent. The term denotes offspring. These seeds here are spiritual and not natural seeds. Now since Christ is One with His Members, The Seed of the Woman would include the Church Rev 12:17

And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ. That would be The Church 1 Jn 5:2-3

2By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

3For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

And as Christ and His Seed or Offspring are One, so likewise the devil or the serpent and his Offspring are One !

Consequently when Jesus says that the everlasting fires were prepared for the devil and his angels Matt 25:41

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

That means the devil and his seed which are all one !

In like Manner, when Jesus said that His Kingdom appointed to Him by the Father Lk 22:29

And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

It was prepared for them before the foundation Matt 25:34

34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Each Head, Christ and the serpent had something specifically prepared for them and their offspring by God from the foundation !

Last edited:

beloved57

The Great Commission !

The Great Commission !

Matt 28:18-20

18And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

When Jesus gave this task to His disciples, to teach , to instruct, to disciple, this presupposes that they would be in a spiritual condition to receive their spiritual instruction, so those who were spiritually dead in trespasses and sins could not be the intended ones that they were sent to disciple. It was only those that had been quickened, made alive that would be taught by them the Gospel of Christ. That word Teach in vs 20 is the greek word didaskō and is the word Paul uses to say that He was Taught the Gospel by revelation of Jesus Christ Gal 1:11-12

11But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Eph 4:20-21

20But ye have not so learned Christ;

21If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:

So the Great Commission was Jesus sending His Ministers to deliver the goods, the Good News to all whom He would give New Birth by His Resurrection 1 Pet 1:3

3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

So, all such would be receptive to their teaching, instruction, and discipling !

Last edited:

beloved57

Jn 1:29

Jn 1:29

John 1:29

29The next day John saw Jesus coming unto him, and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God, who taketh away the sin of the world!

The Lamb of God, that was taking away the sin of the world during John's Ministry, but now hath finished it as Per Dan 9:24

24"Seventy weeks are determined concerning thy people and concerning thy holy city to finish the transgression and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the Most Holy.

Jn 19:30

When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, He said, "It is finished." And He bowed His head and gave up the ghost.

Now the strength of sin is the Law, so Christ, by giving Himself as an sin offering to satisfy God's law and Justice in behalf of God's People, hence He takes away the sin of the World, so for that world the Lamb of God died for, which was the World that had their Names written in the Book of Life Rev 13:8

8And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the Book of Life of the Lamb, slain from the foundation of the world.

For that world, God cannot find not one Transgression against His Law to lay to their Charge, simply because Christ hath did away with all Transgressions for them against God's law, John the Baptist understood this !

Last edited:

beloved57

Jn 1:29 cont

Jn 1:29 cont

In the original the phrase 'Taketh away the sin of the world " is in the present tense, because at the time The lamb was presently performing His Obedience unto Death, that would culminate in, finishing transgression, and making an end to sin, and would finally lead up to the Blessed Words " It is finished" . The sins [law breaking] of God's Elect World, throughout all time, in every generation, and out of every kindred had been imputed to Him, laid to His Charge, and He hath effectually taken them away ! Now everyone in this world, the one in 2 Cor 5:19; Jn 3:16; 1 Jn 2:2;4:9-10 means the world of God's Elect, everyone in this world has been redeemed by the blood of the Lamb, Justified and Saved or are being saved. In fact, whenever the word world is used in connection with Salvation terminology, it is always to be understood of God's Elect, the Sheep,or the Church, or even the Israel of God. God has repeatedly throughout scripture indicated that He does not Love all men Ps 5:5;11:7;Rom 9:11-18 and that He has no redeeming purpose for all men Rom 9:22

22What if God, choosing to show His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted for destruction;

2 Pet 2:12

12But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not, and shall utterly perish in their own corruption,

Jude 1:4

4For there are certain men who have crept in unawares, who were foreordained of old for this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Matt 23:15

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

Last edited:

beloved57

Abraham's Righteousness !

Abraham's Righteousness !

Rom 4:3,5

3For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

5But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Now Abraham's Righteousness, like any other of God's People, lies in Christ alone 1 Cor 1:30

30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Jer 23:6

In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

And not in His Faith- For Faith embraces[in the mind] the imputed Righteousness of Christ, so it cannot be that Righteousness; Now with that in mind, it never was Abraham's act of Faith or Believing that caused God to Justify him, but it was that Christ's Righteousness had been imputed to his account, so that he believed on Him that Justifies the ungodly. Yes Abraham was Justified by Faith Rom 5:1, and so are his Spiritual Seed Gal 3:7, but not by Faith as an act of the sinner,lest then it becomes Justification by works or acts, but they were Justified by Faith subjectively, when Christ Righteousness is revealed or made known to us in the Gospel as per Rom 1:16-17

16For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

The Righteousness of God here is the same as here 2 Cor 5:21

21For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

The Gospel reveals or makes known to everyone Christ was made to be sin for, the Righteousness of God, they were made in Him !

This Righteousness must be made known, we do not act it out, for again, that is works ! Abraham as well as His Spiritual Children have Christ as their Righteousness, not their act of Faith which embraces it !

Last edited:

beloved57

Without Me you can do nothing !

Without Me you can do nothing !

Jn 15:5

I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Jesus told His disciples, judas not being there at the time, who was of the devil Jn 6:70, that without Me you can do nothing ! You see, Christ is the Head of the Body, the Church Col 1:18a

18And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Yes, even when a member of Christ's Church or Body is yet dead in sin, unregenerate, they are still a member of His Body the Church. It is up to Him as the Head to give that Dead member of His Body Life, that is Spiritual Life ! The Head is where the Body has all of it's senses, it's feeling, seeing, hearing, tasting, and smelling. You cut the Head off a person and they can do nothing, none of the said functions of the Body. So separated from it's Head, no member of the Body of Christ can see as per Jn 6:40 neither can they hear Rom 10:17, So without this connection in the Head, no member of His Body can hear or can understand. Jesus says it is the Father's will that everyone Seeing the Son and believing in Him, should have Eternal Life; But how can one see or behold attentively the Son apart from The Head ? The Head gives the body the ability to see, so without Union or abiding in Christ, the Body can do nothing !

Last edited:

beloved57

Baptism for the remission of sin !

Baptism for the remission of sin !

Acts 2:38

38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

The scripture speaks of baptism for the remission of sin here ! This however means that by this ordinance, to those Peter was then speaking, one is being led [spiritually instructed] to or publicly Identifying with, the sufferings and death of Him, represented in the ordinance, and for whom Names sake Repentance and Remission of sins has been granted or given Lk 24:47; Acts 5:31; Matt 26:28

47And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Acts 5:31

31Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Whose Blood was shed for it to be given to those He shed His Blood in behalf of Matt 26:28

28For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

It never means that one must be water baptized in order for God to forgive you for your sins, that would be obtaining remission of sins by something man does, which is works ! The word for in Acts 2:38 is a preposition eis, and strongs says this:
"For" (as used in Acts 2:38 "for the forgiveness...") could have two meanings. If you saw a poster saying "Jesse James wanted for robbery", "for" could mean Jesse is wanted so he can commit a robbery, or is wanted because he has committed a robbery. The later sense is the correct one. So too in this passage, the word "for" signifies an action in the past. Otherwise, it would violate the entire tenor of the NT teaching on salvation by grace and not by works.

So Peter would be instructing these inquiring, that because of remission of sins, you now make a public confession by submitting to water baptism as an evidence of your new found faith in Christ, the one you were responsible for putting to death !

This comment is correct and should be heeded unless we believe a Lie !

beloved57

Children of wrath as others !

Children of wrath as others !

Paul when writing to the Saints of God, reminded them of God's Grace towards them Eph 2:3

3Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

By Nature they were Children of wrath, just like other people. The Elect, though not the Children of the devil themselves, do partake of the same nature that they children of the devil partake of, for natural birth gives each human being the devils nature, which became through sin in the beginning. All men are born with a nature controlled by Satan's power or spirit Eph 2:2

2Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

All men, both Elect and Reprobate or Non Elect are born as David described here Ps 51:5

5Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

That is the way the serpent's seed must be shapen through natural Birth, and The Elect as Well ! The Only thing that differentiates The Elect from the Serpent's Seed, is that because of Christ's Resurrection, the Elect will be Born Again , and given a Nature that Identifies them as a Child of God 1 Pet 1:3

3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

The NIV Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

The children of the devil will never receive this New Birth by the Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead because they were not His Seed, but the seed of the devil Gen 3:14-15, but because of sin, and to further God's Redemptive Purpose, the Children of God by sin had to be born with the same corrupt and fallen nature as the Children of the devil are, and so by Nature, they are children of wrath as others, the others being the children of the devil !

beloved57

Born dead to the Law !

Born dead to the Law !

Rom 7:4

Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Paul is speaking to believers, and what he writes to them, is that they have become dead to the Law ! But how ? By the Body of Christ, which means by His Death !

Every sinner that Christ died for is born into this world dead to the law, meaning God's Law and Justice on their behalf has been honored completely, it cannot bring one charge against them, that God can accuse them of and hold them liable, no not one! Thats what Paul means in fact when He wrote Rom 8:33-34

33Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

One does not have to be a believer to be of God's Elect, that Christ died for. The Elect are Elect way before they believe, Just as they are Sheep before they believe, and so it is, if Christ died for them, and satisfied law and Justice of Broken Law, on their behalf, then when they are born into the world sinners, God has nothing to charge them with, for Christ has already died for them !

Now, they, the Elect, are born into this blessed state [Justified before God by the Blood of Christ], so that they should live unto God or be married to another, that is for Him that died and rose again 2 Cor 5:15

15And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

Christ's Death alone also sanctified them so that they should Live unto God Heb 10:10

10By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Thats what Rom 7:4 means, the Elect are dead to the Law by the offering of the body of Christ !

Now it is in light of this, that each sinner Christ died for, and has satisfied God's law and Justice for, it is imperative for them, each one of them to be born again, so that they can live unto God, and fulfill the purpose for which they were sanctified by the offering of the Body of Christ. Christ's Death did not set the elect apart for no purpose, but it was in pursuit of good works [spiritual] purposed beforehand, that they should walk unto Eph 2:10

10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

I already know the natural mind cannot receive this Teaching of scripture, that all for whom Christ died, even though they are born into this world children of wrath [by nature] as others, that nevertheless, not one charge can be laid upon them[Legally] to accuse them of breaking God's Law, and that they are Justified and declared Righteous already in God's sight, for Christ's Sake !

beloved57

The Mind that serves the Law of God !

The Mind that serves the Law of God !

Rom 7:25

I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

The word mind here is the greek word nous and means:

the mind, comprising alike the faculties of perceiving and understanding and those of feeling, judging, determining

a) the intellectual faculty, the understanding

b) reason in the narrower sense, as the capacity for spiritual truth, the higher powers of the soul, the faculty of perceiving divine things, of recognising goodness and of hating evil

The word serve is the greek word douleuō and means:

to be a slave, serve, do service

a) of a nation in subjection to other nations

2) metaph. to obey, submit to

a) in a good sense, to yield obedience

b) in a bad sense, of those who become slaves to some base power, to yield to, give one's self up to

Now what kind of Mind could serve, obey, or submit to the Law of God ? Well it certainly cannot be the Mind of the Flesh as here Rom 8:7-8

7Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Now it cannot be made more plainer that the carnal mind cannot serve the Law of God.

What is carnal ? Well it is the greek word sarx and means:

born of natural generation: That means being born naturally, by our Mother, and thats it. Never having been Born Again, but as Jesus says by the flesh or that which is flesh is flesh Jn 3:6

So, it can be derived so far from scripture, that the mind of a man or woman who has never been born again cannot by any means obey or serve God's Law.

Now lets determine what Law means in Rom 7:25 and Rom 8:7

In both scriptures its the greek word nomos and means:

) anything established, anything received by usage, a custom, a law, a command

a) of any law whatsoever

1) a law or rule producing a state approved of God

a) by the observance of which is approved of God

2) a precept or injunction

3) the rule of action prescribed by reason

b) of the Mosaic law, and referring, acc. to the context. either to the volume of the law or to its contents

c) the Christian religion: the law demanding faith, the moral instruction given by Christ, esp. the precept concerning love

d) the name of the more important part (the Pentateuch), is put for the entire collection of the sacred books of the OT

The word Law here in both places is not restricted to the Law of moses or the Ten Commandments, but to any command of God whatsoever.

To Believe on Christ is a command, Thats seen in Acts 16:31

30And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

The word believe here is the greek word pisteuō, a verb that means:

to think to be true, to be persuaded of, to credit, place confidence in

a) of the thing believed

1) to credit, have confidence

b) in a moral or religious reference

1) used in the NT of the conviction and trust to which a man is impelled by a certain inner and higher prerogative and law of soul

2) to trust in Jesus or God as able to aid either in obtaining or in doing something: saving faith

3) mere acknowledgment of some fact or event: intellectual faith

2) to entrust a thing to one, i.e. his fidelity

a) to be intrusted with a thing

Also it is what they call a imperative which means:

The imperative mood corresponds to the English imperative, and expresses a command to the hearer to perform a certain action by the order and authority of the one commanding. Thus, Jesus' phrase, "Repent ye, and believe the gospel" (Mk.1:15) is not at all an "invitation," but an absolute command requiring full obedience on the part of all hearers.

God commands people to believe on His Son 1 Jn 3:23

23And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

And the word believe here is in the aorist tense to denote the first one time act of believing initially, where as the command to Love one another is in the present tense to denote a continual state of Loving one another after belief ! All this requires the Mind that serves the Law of God. Where does this Mind come from ? It certainly is not the Mind we are born with by natural generation ! How can one bey the Command to Believe on Christ ? What kind of Mind must they have ?

Last edited:

beloved57

Repentance towards God and Faith in Jesus Christ !

Repentance towards God and Faith in Jesus Christ !

Acts 20:21

Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

That Repentance towards God and Faith in Jesus Christ were imperatives or charges to those who had been newly born spiritually, babes in Christ, is seen by Two things from the word of Truth, First Heb 5:11-6:2

11Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.

12For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

13For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

14But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

1Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

2Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

The principals of the Doctrine of Christ are those things which the writer points to as milk and for babes [babes in Christ]

Those things being Repentance from dead works [See Heb 9:14] and Faith toward God, water baptism, these are milk of the word !

Now lets look at 1 Pet 2:2

2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

This scripture indicates that the milk of the word is for newborn babes, and if that is the case, Repentance and Faith are charges for the new born in Christ, as it was for those in Acts 2:38. Those Peter charged to repent and be baptized were new spiritually born babes in Christ !

Repentance and Faith are not commands to anyone outside of Christ, newly born or recently born !

beloved57

What about Unbelief ?

What about Unbelief ?

The first sin that brought sin and death into the world was a Transgression of the Divine Law, a doing sin Rom 5:14

14Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Now who first committed Adam's Transgression ? Paul informs us 1 Tim 2:14

14And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Now her Transgression in doing, that is eating something God had forbidden, did involve unbelief on her part, for the record shows Gen 3:1-6

1Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

2And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

3But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

5For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

6And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

In verse 4, we have obviously the beginning of Eve's Unbelief, in that satan contradicted what God had told her, and subsequently, she believed satan over God, and did eat, which obviously meant that her believing satan was not to believe God , which is unbelief, she believed a lie, which is to not believe the Truth 2 Thess 2:11-12

11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Unbelief is not the cause of sin, but a symptom, sin is the Transgression of the law, for the strength of sin is the Law 1 Cor 15:56, not unbelief. If and when a person dies in their sins, its not because of unbelief, but because of their Transgressions against God's Law ! They had no one to satisfy God's Law and Justice on their behalf for their Transgressions as those Christ did die for as Per Isa 53:5

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

That includes unbelief !. But that is not the case with those Christ did not die for and did not satisfy God's law and Justice for ! Such must die in their sins , and unbelief !

beloved57

Everlasting Punishment !

Everlasting Punishment !

Matt25:46

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

One of the main reasons for the everlasting and infinite punishment of the wicked is because of the Infinite Law of God they have transgressed from the womb, the Infinite Law from an Infinite Law giver. If God's Law was not Infinite, its punishment could not be Infinite ! For He is the Eternal God Deut 33:7

The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say, Destroy them.

Ps 90:2

Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.

Last edited:

beloved57

Who shall declare His Generation ?

Who shall declare His Generation ?

Isa 53:8

He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

The generation in question is Christ's generation, His Spiritual offspring, and being it a spiritual offspring, the speaker must be the Holy Spirit, for only God's Spirit can communicate to that which is spiritual [1 Cor 2]; even though the Spirit may and does use the voice of flesh and blood or human Gospel Ministers; This principle is brought out by Paul here 2 Cor 3:6-8

6Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

7But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

8How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

A Spiritual ministry directed to a spiritual people or generation in a spiritual kingdom formed by the Resurrected Life of Jesus Christ !

Also that the Gospel ministration is spiritual is seen here 1 Cor 9:11

11If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?

The spiritual things being the Gospel

Rom 15:27

27It hath pleased them verily; and their debtors they are. For if the Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister unto them in carnal things.

The spiritual things once again being the Gospel !

Now the spiritual things being the gospel, and the natural man cannot receive of those things of the Spirit of God 1 Cor 2:13-14

13Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

The Gospel is preached to that spiritual seed or generation which is said shall serve Him, and it shall be accounted to the the Lord for a generation Ps 22:30-31

30A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

31They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.

Its that Chosen Generation that shall offer up spiritual sacrifices 1 Pet 2:5,9

5Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

9But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

The Prophet states, that after His soul shall be made a offering for sin Isa 53:10, that He shall see His Seed or His generation !

Last edited: