The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aimiel

That may be your religion, but Jesus never taught human sacrifice to change a changeless God, there was already salvation and forgiveness before Jesus submitted to the shared human experience of death and then raised himself from the dead.
I have never said any such thing. We don't 'sacrifice' ourselves by being humble, we merely exalt God by doing so.
Jesus had a religion and taught a gospel long before the cross and the new gospel of impulsive Peter and Pagan Paul.
Jesus taught that pure religion and un-defiled is visting the widow and the orphan. That's humility, my friend. Helping those less fortunate is what The Kingdom is all about. The Gospel is Christ's Sacrifice. We are to follow in His Footsteps, obediently expecting to be put to death for following Him.
Blood sacrifice is the primitive teachings from Paul's Mithraic childhood leanings.
HOGWASH. Paul's childhood teachings were Jewish, not Mithraic. You need to study just a 'bit' more.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I have never said any such thing. We don't 'sacrifice' ourselves by being humble, we merely exalt God by doing so.Jesus taught that pure religion and un-defiled is visting the widow and the orphan. That's humility, my friend. Helping those less fortunate is what The Kingdom is all about. The Gospel is Christ's Sacrifice. We are to follow in His Footsteps, obediently expecting to be put to death for following Him.HOGWASH. Paul's childhood teachings were Jewish, not Mithraic. You need to study just a 'bit' more.

Paul was from Tarsus, he was a Roman citizen, his ideas of atonement are Mithraic, not Jesussonian.

We serve others in all aspects of life, for fun and for free. For the joy of it, not as some sort of self righteous act for public display.

God already loves us, respects us and hopes for our eternal future. Gods love is not conditional.

The Jews were sacrifice minded, those old human ideas have contaminated Christianity.

THE CULT OF MITHRAS​

98:5.1 The Phrygian and Egyptian mysteries eventually gave way before the greatest of all the mystery cults, the worship of Mithras. The Mithraic cult made its appeal to a wide range of human nature and gradually supplanted both of its predecessors. Mithraism spread over the Roman Empire through the propagandizing of Roman legions recruited in the Levant, where this religion was the vogue, for they carried this belief wherever they went. And this new religious ritual was a great improvement over the earlier mystery cults.

98:5.2 The cult of Mithras arose in Iran and long persisted in its homeland despite the militant opposition of the followers of Zoroaster. But by the time Mithraism reached Rome, it had become greatly improved by the absorption of many of Zoroaster's teachings. It was chiefly through the Mithraic cult that Zoroaster's religion exerted an influence upon later appearing Christianity.

98:5.3 The Mithraic cult portrayed a militant god taking origin in a great rock, engaging in valiant exploits, and causing water to gush forth from a rock struck with his arrows. There was a flood from which one man escaped in a specially built boat and a last supper which Mithras celebrated with the sun-god before he ascended into the heavens. This sun-god, or Sol Invictus, was a degeneration of the Ahura-Mazda deity concept of Zoroastrianism. Mithras was conceived as the surviving champion of the sun-god in his struggle with the god of darkness. And in recognition of his slaying the mythical sacred bull, Mithras was made immortal, being exalted to the station of intercessor for the human race among the gods on high.

98:5.4 The adherents of this cult worshiped in caves and other secret places, chanting hymns, mumbling magic, eating the flesh of the sacrificial animals, and drinking the blood. Three times a day they worshiped, with special weekly ceremonials on the day of the sun-god and with the most elaborate observance of all on the annual festival of Mithras, December twenty-fifth. It was believed that the partaking of the sacrament ensured eternal life, the immediate passing, after death, to the bosom of Mithras, there to tarry in bliss until the judgment day. On the judgment day the Mithraic keys of heaven would unlock the gates of Paradise for the reception of the faithful; whereupon all the unbaptized of the living and the dead would be annihilated upon the return of Mithras to earth. It was taught that, when a man died, he went before Mithras for judgment, and that at the end of the world Mithras would summon all the dead from their graves to face the last judgment. The wicked would be destroyed by fire, and the righteous would reign with Mithras forever.

98:5.5 At first it was a religion only for men, and there were seven different orders into which believers could be successively initiated. Later on, the wives and daughters of believers were admitted to the temples of the Great Mother, which adjoined the Mithraic temples. The women's cult was a mixture of Mithraic ritual and the ceremonies of the Phrygian cult of Cybele, the mother of Attis.

6. MITHRAISM AND CHRISTIANITY​

98:6.1 Prior to the coming of the mystery cults and Christianity, personal religion hardly developed as an independent institution in the civilized lands of North Africa and Europe; it was more of a family, city-state, political, and imperial affair. The Hellenic Greeks never evolved a centralized worship system; the ritual was local; they had no priesthood and no "sacred book." Much as the Romans, their religious institutions lacked a powerful driving agency for the preservation of higher moral and spiritual values. While it is true that the institutionalization of religion has usually detracted from its spiritual quality, it is also a fact that no religion has thus far succeeded in surviving without the aid of institutional organization of some degree, greater or lesser.

98:6.2 Occidental religion thus languished until the days of the Skeptics, Cynics, Epicureans, and Stoics, but most important of all, until the times of the great contest between Mithraism and Paul's new religion of Christianity.

98:6.3 During the third century after Christ, Mithraic and Christian churches were very similar both in appearance and in the character of their ritual. A majority of such places of worship were underground, and both contained altars whose backgrounds variously depicted the sufferings of the savior who had brought salvation to a sin-cursed human race.

98:6.4 Always had it been the practice of Mithraic worshipers, on entering the temple, to dip their fingers in holy water. And since in some districts there were those who at one time belonged to both religions, they introduced this custom into the majority of the Christian churches in the vicinity of Rome. Both religions employed baptism and partook of the sacrament of bread and wine. The one great difference between Mithraism and Christianity, aside from the characters of Mithras and Jesus, was that the one encouraged militarism while the other was ultrapacific. Mithraism's tolerance for other religions (except later Christianity) led to its final undoing. But the deciding factor in the struggle between the two was the admission of women into the full fellowship of the Christian faith.

98:6.5 In the end the nominal Christian faith dominated the Occident. Greek philosophy supplied the concepts of ethical value; Mithraism, the ritual of worship observance; and Christianity, as such, the technique for the conservation of moral and social values.​

Caino

Aimiel

Paul was from Tarsus, he was a Roman citizen, his ideas of atonement are Mithraic, not Jesussonian.
?? Jesusonian?!? Wow, you don't just re-invent meanings for words, you also invent new ones. :rotfl:

Saul was raised Jewish. Many Jews, the world over, were raised by religious Jewish families. They were SO religious, that Hebrew is the first 'dead' language to be revived. Sorry... he was definitely Jewish. He held the coats of those who stoned Stephen, for cryin' out loud. He was a Hebrew, and spoke Hebrew. He wasn't a pagan, at all.
God already loves us, respects us and hopes for our eternal future. Gods love is not conditional.
No, it isn't. Eternal life is, though.
The Jews were sacrifice minded, those old human ideas have contaminated Christianity.
No, God used the symbolism of sacrifice to point men towards Christ. He symbolized His work on Calvary in every sacrifice mentioned in Scripture. The Jews certainly missed the symbolism, but can't deny it today, no matter how they cry that no one can pay for the sins of another.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
?? Jesusonian?!? Wow, you don't just re-invent meanings for words, you also invent new ones. :rotfl:

Saul was raised Jewish. Many Jews, the world over, were raised by religious Jewish families. They were SO religious, that Hebrew is the first 'dead' language to be revived. Sorry... he was definitely Jewish. He held the coats of those who stoned Stephen, for cryin' out loud. He was a Hebrew, and spoke Hebrew. He wasn't a pagan, at all.No, it isn't. Eternal life is, though. No, God used the symbolism of sacrifice to point men towards Christ. He symbolized His work on Calvary in every sacrifice mentioned in Scripture. The Jews certainly missed the symbolism, but can't deny it today, no matter how they cry that no one can pay for the sins of another.

Your preacher has misinformed you.

If Paul was pure Jew, the Christian religion he founded is certainly Pagan.

Believe what you think is right.

Caino

Aimiel

Your preacher has misinformed you.
Whom might that be? Jesus? Paul? A cursory examination of The Holy Scriptures would bring the conclusion I've posited.
If Paul was pure Jew, the Christian religion he founded is certainly Pagan.
He founded no religion. The things he taught as well as the whole of the rest of Scripture is designed to bring men into relationship with God, and in so doing their relationships with other men and especially like-minded Christians becomes corrected in the process. Religion is men trying to make themselves pleasing to God. Christianity is God accepting men as they are and cleansing them of that condition. You haven't recognized that you're a sinner, so you can never become Christian until you do. Without Jesus' Blood, you're wholly un-acceptable to God.
Believe what you think is right.
Proverbs 14:12
There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Sorry, that's what you and other new agers have done: believed what 'seems' right. Christians believe what IS right, true and Holy. The Truth lies in Jesus, nowhere else. The UB isn't about Jesus, it's about Jebus, an imposter. You worship Jebus. He's a false god, and can only lead you into hell. Repent!!!

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Whom might that be? Jesus? Paul? A cursory examination of The Holy Scriptures would bring the conclusion I've posited.He founded no religion. The things he taught as well as the whole of the rest of Scripture is designed to bring men into relationship with God, and in so doing their relationships with other men and especially like-minded Christians becomes corrected in the process. Religion is men trying to make themselves pleasing to God. Christianity is God accepting men as they are and cleansing them of that condition. You haven't recognized that you're a sinner, so you can never become Christian until you do. Without Jesus' Blood, you're wholly un-acceptable to God.Proverbs 14:12
There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Sorry, that's what you and other new agers have done: believed what 'seems' right. Christians believe what IS right, true and Holy. The Truth lies in Jesus, nowhere else. The UB isn't about Jesus, it's about Jebus, an imposter. You worship Jebus. He's a false god, and can only lead you into hell. Repent!!!

:yawn: ......Jesus was new age, that's why the Jews rejected him, because they also thought their scripture was "The Word of God". Today they can point to many places in the scripture that show Jesus wasn't the Jewish Messiah, that's because he wasn't.

I'm saved already, I have repented and been born again of the spirit. You can judge me until the cows come home. I know God, your depiction of him is false prophecy.

You can keep on sinning and blame your ancestors, then half heartily comfort yourself by believing an innocent man died in place of taking personal responsibility for your own behavior. That's your business.

And Aimiel, I'm not a Christian, I'm a follower of Jesus. Not Paul, or Peter and any of the thousands of false prophets in Christiandom.

Caino

Aimiel

:yawn: ......Jesus was new age...
No, He wasn't; and He isn't a hippie, either.[/QUOTE]that's why the Jews rejected him, because they also thought their scripture was "The Word of God". [/QUOTE]It is... Jesus wrote it.
Today they can point to many places in the scripture that show Jesus wasn't the Jewish Messiah, that's because he wasn't.
No, it's because they don't WANT to see Him as He is, because they'd be exposed. The fulfillment of what they are expecting is yet to come, and they will fall on their faces in repentance.
I'm saved already, I have repented and been born again of the spirit. You can judge me until the cows come home. I know God, your depiction of him is false prophecy.
If you were telling the truth, you wouldn't preach against His Holy Word by taking the words of a demon ahead of His. You're only proving how BIG of a liar you actually are by claiming to be born again.
You can keep on sinning and blame your ancestors, then half heartily comfort yourself by believing an innocent man died in place of taking personal responsibility for your own behavior.
I don't blame anyone but myself for my sins. Jesus took my punishment. He died in my place. Since you don't believe that He died in yours, then He didn't. His Blood can't do anything for you since you don't believe.
I'm not a Christian
I already knew that, as does anyone who reads a single one of your posts. I just wasn't sure that YOU knew it.
I'm a follower of Jesus.
Um... you mis-spelled his name: the dude you're following is Jebus, the poser.
Not Paul, or Peter and any of the thousands of false prophets in Christiandom.
You have the false god of the UB: Jebus. :duh:

The prophets of the new testament were called, directed and inspired by The Same Spirit Who indwells me and millions of other believers. Wish we could say the same for you. =(

Caino

BANNED
Banned
No, He wasn't; and He isn't a hippie, either.that's why the Jews rejected him, because they also thought their scripture was "The Word of God". It is... Jesus wrote it.No, it's because they don't WANT to see Him as He is, because they'd be exposed. The fulfillment of what they are expecting is yet to come, and they will fall on their faces in repentance.If you were telling the truth, you wouldn't preach against His Holy Word by taking the words of a demon ahead of His. You're only proving how BIG of a liar you actually are by claiming to be born again.I don't blame anyone but myself for my sins. Jesus took my punishment. He died in my place. Since you don't believe that He died in yours, then He didn't. His Blood can't do anything for you since you don't believe.I already knew that, as does anyone who reads a single one of your posts. I just wasn't sure that YOU knew it.Um... you mis-spelled his name: the dude you're following is Jebus, the poser.You have the false god of the UB: Jebus. :duh:

The prophets of the new testament were called, directed and inspired by The Same Spirit Who indwells me and millions of other believers. Wish we could say the same for you. =

Jesus was big hearted, liberal and bore the fruits of love and tolerance. You do not bear the fruits of Jesus.

Caino

Last edited:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist

We've covered Paul on many threads. A puzzle takes some time to put together,...but thats the reward of research :sherlock: The UB does touch on some of the essentials as quoted earlier.

We might also add that the term 'Jesusonian' is used in the Urantia Papers to portray Jesus gospel of the Fatherhood of God and brotherhood of all men, which is personally realized in loving ministry and social service. The Jesusonian gospel is - sonship with God, brotherhood with man, and ever-ascending citizenship in the eternal universe. A follower of Jesus of this character can also be called a 'Jesusonian' as below -

195:10.5 In winning souls for the Master, it is not the first mile of compulsion, duty, or convention that will transform man and his world, but rather the second mile of free service and liberty-loving devotion that betokens the Jesusonian reaching forth to grasp his brother in love and sweep him on under spiritual guidance toward the higher and divine goal of mortal existence. Christianity even now willingly goes the first mile, but mankind languishes and stumbles along in moral darkness because there are so few genuine second-milers—so few professed followers of Jesus who really live and love as he taught his disciples to live and love and serve.

In the final Paper entitled "The faith of Jesus" we read -

196:2.1 Some day a reformation in the Christian church may strike deep enough to get back to the unadulterated religious teachings of Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith. You may preach a religion about Jesus, but, perforce, you must live the religion of Jesus. In the enthusiasm of Pentecost, Peter unintentionally inaugurated a new religion, the religion of the risen and glorified Christ. The Apostle Paul later on transformed this new gospel into Christianity, a religion embodying his own theologic views and portraying his own personal experience with the Jesus of the Damascus road. The gospel of the kingdom is founded on the personal religious experience of the Jesus of Galilee; Christianity is founded almost exclusively on the personal religious experience of the Apostle Paul. Almost the whole of the New Testament is devoted, not to the portrayal of the significant and inspiring religious life of Jesus, but to a discussion of Paul's religious experience and to a portrayal of his personal religious convictions. The only notable exceptions to this statement, aside from certain parts of Matthew, Mark, and Luke, are the Book of Hebrews and the Epistle of James. Even Peter, in his writing, only once reverted to the personal religious life of his Master. The New Testament is a superb Christian document, but it is only meagerly Jesusonian.

Caino wrote:

Jesus was big hearted, liberal and bore the fruits of love and tolerance.

Absolutely, and the presentation of him in the Papers is of the highest praise, adoration and respect.

pj

Aimiel

Jesus was big hearted, liberal and bore the fruits of love and tolerance. You do not bear the fruits of Jesus.
He is big-hearted, in that He died once for all.

He isn't liberal, in that those to whom He will say, "Depart from me, ye that work iniquity, I never knew you," will be relegated to the Lake of Fire for eternity.

I not only bear the fruits of The Spirit of Christ (Who is God, in The Flesh), but I know Him, personally. You're still in the flesh and worship Jebus, not Jesus.

Romans 8:9
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Aimiel

... the presentation of him in the Papers is of the highest praise, adoration and respect.
Liar. The Urantia Papers are lies, spun by demons, through weak-minded fools not one bit unlike yourself. Channeling is demonic possession, plain-and-simple. The Word of God clearly spells out what needs to be done with those who have a familiar spirit.

Leviticus 20:27
A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.

It isn't something to play with or wonder about, much less trust with the fate of your soul. Demonic spirits are designed to steer you AWAY from Truth, not reveal it. They make everything that is even remotely Godly appear worthless. Their job is to use you to lead as many others astray as possible and then leave you as roadkill, on the highway to hell.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
He is big-hearted, in that He died once for all.

He isn't liberal, in that those to whom He will say, "Depart from me, ye that work iniquity, I never knew you," will be relegated to the Lake of Fire for eternity.

I not only bear the fruits of The Spirit of Christ (Who is God, in The Flesh), but I know Him, personally. You're still in the flesh and worship Jebus, not Jesus.

Romans 8:9
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

You need to get help with your obsession with me. You should also get a clue that I'm not buying into your halloween theology. The lake of fire is a sick joke, never taught by Jesus.

Caino

Caino

BANNED
Banned
THE SECOND DISCOURSE ON RELIGION

155:6.1 And so, while they paused in the shade of the hillside, Jesus continued to teach them regarding the religion of the spirit, in substance saying:

155:6.2 You have come out from among those of your fellows who choose to remain satisfied with a religion of mind, who crave security and prefer conformity. You have elected to exchange your feelings of authoritative certainty for the assurances of the spirit of adventurous and progressive faith. You have dared to protest against the grueling bondage of institutional religion and to reject the authority of the traditions of record which are now regarded as the word of God. Our Father did indeed speak through Moses, Elijah, Isaiah, Amos, and Hosea, but he did not cease to minister words of truth to the world when these prophets of old made an end of their utterances. My Father is no respecter of races or generations in that the word of truth is vouchsafed one age and withheld from another. Commit not the folly of calling that divine which is wholly human, and fail not to discern the words of truth which come not through the traditional oracles of supposed inspiration.

155:6.3 I have called upon you to be born again, to be born of the spirit. I have called you out of the darkness of authority and the lethargy of tradition into the transcendent light of the realization of the possibility of making for yourselves the greatest discovery possible for the human soul to make—the supernal experience of finding God for yourself, in yourself, and of yourself, and of doing all this as a fact in your own personal experience. And so may you pass from death to life, from the authority of tradition to the experience of knowing God; thus will you pass from darkness to light, from a racial faith inherited to a personal faith achieved by actual experience; and thereby will you progress from a theology of mind handed down by your ancestors to a true religion of spirit which shall be built up in your souls as an eternal endowment.

155:6.4 Your religion shall change from the mere intellectual belief in traditional authority to the actual experience of that living faith which is able to grasp the reality of God and all that relates to the divine spirit of the Father. The religion of the mind ties you hopelessly to the past; the religion of the spirit consists in progressive revelation and ever beckons you on toward higher and holier achievements in spiritual ideals and eternal realities.

155:6.5 While the religion of authority may impart a present feeling of settled security, you pay for such a transient satisfaction the price of the loss of your spiritual freedom and religious liberty. My Father does not require of you as the price of entering the kingdom of heaven that you should force yourself to subscribe to a belief in things which are spiritually repugnant, unholy, and untruthful. It is not required of you that your own sense of mercy, justice, and truth should be outraged by submission to an outworn system of religious forms and ceremonies. The religion of the spirit leaves you forever free to follow the truth wherever the leadings of the spirit may take you. And who can judge—perhaps this spirit may have something to impart to this generation which other generations have refused to hear?

155:6.6 Shame on those false religious teachers who would drag hungry souls back into the dim and distant past and there leave them! And so are these unfortunate persons doomed to become frightened by every new discovery, while they are discomfited by every new revelation of truth. The prophet who said, "He will be kept in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on God," was not a mere intellectual believer in authoritative theology. This truth-knowing human had discovered God; he was not merely talking about God.

155:6.7 I admonish you to give up the practice of always quoting the prophets of old and praising the heroes of Israel, and instead aspire to become living prophets of the Most High and spiritual heroes of the coming kingdom. To honor the God-knowing leaders of the past may indeed be worth while, but why, in so doing, should you sacrifice the supreme experience of human existence: finding God for yourselves and knowing him in your own souls?

155:6.8 Every race of mankind has its own mental outlook upon human existence; therefore must the religion of the mind ever run true to these various racial viewpoints. Never can the religions of authority come to unification. Human unity and mortal brotherhood can be achieved only by and through the superendowment of the religion of the spirit. Racial minds may differ, but all mankind is indwelt by the same divine and eternal spirit. The hope of human brotherhood can only be realized when, and as, the divergent mind religions of authority become impregnated with, and overshadowed by, the unifying and ennobling religion of the spirit—the religion of personal spiritual experience.

155:6.9 The religions of authority can only divide men and set them in conscientious array against each other; the religion of the spirit will progressively draw men together and cause them to become understandingly sympathetic with one another. The religions of authority require of men uniformity in belief, but this is impossible of realization in the present state of the world. The religion of the spirit requires only unity of experience—uniformity of destiny—making full allowance for diversity of belief. The religion of the spirit requires only uniformity of insight, not uniformity of viewpoint and outlook. The religion of the spirit does not demand uniformity of intellectual views, only unity of spirit feeling. The religions of authority crystallize into lifeless creeds; the religion of the spirit grows into the increasing joy and liberty of ennobling deeds of loving service and merciful ministration.

155:6.10 But watch, lest any of you look with disdain upon the children of Abraham because they have fallen on these evil days of traditional barrenness. Our forefathers gave themselves up to the persistent and passionate search for God, and they found him as no other whole race of men have ever known him since the times of Adam, who knew much of this as he was himself a Son of God. My Father has not failed to mark the long and untiring struggle of Israel, ever since the days of Moses, to find God and to know God. For weary generations the Jews have not ceased to toil, sweat, groan, travail, and endure the sufferings and experience the sorrows of a misunderstood and despised people, all in order that they might come a little nearer the discovery of the truth about God. And, notwithstanding all the failures and falterings of Israel, our fathers progressively, from Moses to the times of Amos and Hosea, did reveal increasingly to the whole world an ever clearer and more truthful picture of the eternal God. And so was the way prepared for the still greater revelation of the Father which you have been called to share.

155:6.11 Never forget there is only one adventure which is more satisfying and thrilling than the attempt to discover the will of the living God, and that is the supreme experience of honestly trying to do that divine will. And fail not to remember that the will of God can be done in any earthly occupation. Some callings are not holy and others secular. All things are sacred in the lives of those who are spirit led; that is, subordinated to truth, ennobled by love, dominated by mercy, and restrained by fairness— justice. The spirit which my Father and I shall send into the world is not only the Spirit of Truth but also the spirit of idealistic beauty.

155:6.12 You must cease to seek for the word of God only on the pages of the olden records of theologic authority. Those who are born of the spirit of God shall henceforth discern the word of God regardless of whence it appears to take origin. Divine truth must not be discounted because the channel of its bestowal is apparently human. Many of your brethren have minds which accept the theory of God while they spiritually fail to realize the presence of God. And that is just the reason why I have so often taught you that the kingdom of heaven can best be realized by acquiring the spiritual attitude of a sincere child. It is not the mental immaturity of the child that I commend to you but rather the spiritual simplicity of such an easy-believing and fully-trusting little one. It is not so important that you should know about the fact of God as that you should increasingly grow in the ability to feel the presence of God.

155:6.13 When you once begin to find God in your soul, presently you will begin to discover him in other men's souls and eventually in all the creatures and creations of a mighty universe. But what chance does the Father have to appear as a God of supreme loyalties and divine ideals in the souls of men who give little or no time to the thoughtful contemplation of such eternal realities? While the mind is not the seat of the spiritual nature, it is indeed the gateway thereto.

155:6.14 But do not make the mistake of trying to prove to other men that you have found God; you cannot consciously produce such valid proof, albeit there are two positive and powerful demonstrations of the fact that you are God-knowing, and they are:
155:6.15 1. The fruits of the spirit of God showing forth in your daily routine life.
155:6.16 2. The fact that your entire life plan furnishes positive proof that you have unreservedly risked everything you are and have on the adventure of survival after death in the pursuit of the hope of finding the God of eternity, whose presence you have foretasted in time.

155:6.17 Now, mistake not, my Father will ever respond to the faintest flicker of faith. He takes note of the physical and superstitious emotions of the primitive man. And with those honest but fearful souls whose faith is so weak that it amounts to little more than an intellectual conformity to a passive attitude of assent to religions of authority, the Father is ever alert to honor and foster even all such feeble attempts to reach out for him. But you who have been called out of darkness into the light are expected to believe with a whole heart; your faith shall dominate the combined attitudes of body, mind, and spirit.

155:6.18 You are my apostles, and to you religion shall not become a theologic shelter to which you may flee in fear of facing the rugged realities of spiritual progress and idealistic adventure; but rather shall your religion become the fact of real experience which testifies that God has found you, idealized, ennobled, and spiritualized you, and that you have enlisted in the eternal adventure of finding the God who has thus found and sonshipped you.

Caino

Aimiel

You need to get help with your obsession with me.
Obsession?!? :rotfl:

I'm sorry, what's your name again?

Seriously, I have no axe to grind or other garden tool in my hand... I merely want to make known that the Urantia nonsense is completely false and un-reliable.
You should also get a clue that I'm not buying into your halloween theology.
You can poke fun at The Holy Bible all you want, but it still holds true. Hell is real. Don't find out the hard way.
The lake of fire is a sick joke, never taught by Jesus.
Actually, He is The Source of any and all information that we have about His White Throne Judgment and one day you will realize that the revelations that He has given us are absolutely true and real. I only hope it happens before it is eternally too late to repent. Beyond death's door, you will have no excuse, no chance to change your tune and no choice in where you spend eternity. :nono:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Obsession?!? :rotfl:

I'm sorry, what's your name again?

Seriously, I have no axe to grind or other garden tool in my hand... I merely want to make known that the Urantia nonsense is completely false and un-reliable.You can poke fun at The Holy Bible all you want, but it still holds true. Hell is real. Don't find out the hard way.Actually, He is The Source of any and all information that we have about His White Throne Judgment and one day you will realize that the revelations that He has given us are absolutely true and real. I only hope it happens before it is eternally too late to repent. Beyond death's door, you will have no excuse, no chance to change your tune and no choice in where you spend eternity. :nono:

Well, you would at least have some degree of credibility if you had read the book that you disagree with. With the Pharisees at least they did go out and listen to Jesus. Some of his hardened enemies were actually converted to the Love of Jesus. You just seem hateful, judgmental and not to well versed in Jesus in the Bible or the UB.

Caino

Aimiel

Truth

Truth

Well, you would at least have some degree of credibility if you had read the book that you disagree with. With the Pharisees at least they did go out and listen to Jesus. Some of his hardened enemies were actually converted to the Love of Jesus. You just seem hateful, judgmental and not to well versed in Jesus in the Bible or the UB.
I guess things aren't always what they seem, then, are they? I don't need to listen to a train by placing my ear on it when it passes by at 50 MPH. Neither do I need to read any rantings of a demon (the Urantia Papers were written by a demon-possessed person through channeling) just to 'see' if there's truth in them. The problem is that there is 'truth' in them: half-truth. Every half-truth is a whole lie. Since you don't understand that and there are others out there with even less understanding than yourself (yes, it's surprising, I know) I need to point out what's wrong with this picture. The Bible warns against false teachings:

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Quite obviously, the UB is an 'other' gospel. It's not The Gospel. The Gospel is in The New Testament. The UB is obviously from hell. It is gnosticism, as well as Arian. It's not true at all. It's lies and myths.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

http://withchrist.org/urantia.htm

The Urantia papers are pure bunk and have NOTHING whatsoever to do with Christianity and should be avoided at all costs.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I guess things aren't always what they seem, then, are they? I don't need to listen to a train by placing my ear on it when it passes by at 50 MPH. Neither do I need to read any rantings of a demon (the Urantia Papers were written by a demon-possessed person through channeling) just to 'see' if there's truth in them. The problem is that there is 'truth' in them: half-truth. Every half-truth is a whole lie. Since you don't understand that and there are others out there with even less understanding than yourself (yes, it's surprising, I know) I need to point out what's wrong with this picture. The Bible warns against false teachings:

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Quite obviously, the UB is an 'other' gospel. It's not The Gospel. The Gospel is in The New Testament. The UB is obviously from hell. It is gnosticism, as well as Arian. It's not true at all. It's lies and myths.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

http://withchrist.org/urantia.htm

The Urantia papers are pure bunk and have NOTHING whatsoever to do with Christianity and should be avoided at all costs.

KJB

2 Samuel 24:1

And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.

KJB

1 Chronicles 21:1

Satan rose up against Israel and incited David to take a census of the people....

Same event, two entirely different explanations. Using Aimiels logic, the Bible is a liar.

PS, if you want to see the dung get deep, watch the Bible worshipers rationalize that one away. :rotfl:

Caino

Aimiel

Sorry, but I've seen God use Satan. It's hilarious when He does, too:

At the PromiseKeepers rally in Washington D.C. in October of 1997 we were walking to the mall at about 6:00 AM from the subway station and noticed a booth on the side of the road. It was run by the National Organization of Women (N.O.W.) and they had printed huge banners to hang on the booth, with quotes from 'insane' TV preachers (their description) and every single one of them was a verbatim quotation of Holy Scripture. Every man that walked by would read the signs and then notice the fact that God was using them to promote His Word and start laughing out loud. God allowed Satan to attack Job and Job said that it was God afflicting him, when in point-of-fact it was the devil. God didn't get mad. He just asked Job questions he couldn't possibly answer. Believe me, when God confronts you, you don't want to be the one making fun of His Holy Word and be found to be His enemy. :nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.