Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eider View Post
    Huh?
    President Obama has never been here.... where I live.
    I don't know why you mentioned him in connection with anything that I have written.

Rising Sea Levels is not connected to politics.
    you said :
    Originally Posted by eider

Researchers had been predicting a One meter rise in sea level this century, but now they seem to be raising that estimate towards 2 meters.

Tell you what........ those who wish to can take their thrones down to the sea shore! A brilliant investment these people would be to buy up all the low lying properties as their values reduce..... what a nice little earner for them...... if nothing changes.

to which I replied

obama the champion of climate change rhetoric
    is buying waterfront property for 14 million
    clearly not worried about rising sea levels

but you stopped reading at the name obama

Comment

Originally posted by way 2 go View Post
      you said :
      Originally Posted by eider

Researchers had been predicting a One meter rise in sea level this century, but now they seem to be raising that estimate towards 2 meters.

Tell you what........ those who wish to can take their thrones down to the sea shore! A brilliant investment these people would be to buy up all the low lying properties as their values reduce..... what a nice little earner for them...... if nothing changes.

to which I replied

but you stopped reading at the name obama
      Nope.
      Rising seas don't react to politics, have no interest in agendas, and the don't care about what you or I think.

They will just rise as the ice from glaciers and the poles melts.

I read that if ALL the ice melts that this would cause a sea level rise of 70 meters, and so a 1-2 meter prediction is not an extreme calculation.

But over here the emphasis is upon cleaner air, smaller landfill waste sites, healthier lifestyles, and so people do support the road tax increases upon dirtier vehicles, inner city controls for I./C. engines etc etc. regardless of their politics!

Comment

As you might have learned, the property is sufficiently above sea level that it shouldn't be a concern in Obama's lifetime.

But you stopped reading when you got to the facts.
        This message is hidden because ...

Comment

Originally posted by The Barbarian View Post
          As you might have learned, the property is sufficiently above sea level that it shouldn't be a concern in Obama's lifetime.

But you stopped reading when you got to the facts.
          Remember when Barbarian was preaching about how sea-level rise wasn't the direct problem, but the base level during more powerful storms and storm surges was?

He doesn't.

He must have stopped thinking after writing all that.
          Where is the evidence for a global flood?
          E≈mc2
          "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
          -Bob B.

Comment

Originally posted by Stripe View Post
            Remember when Barbarian was preaching about how sea-level rise wasn't the direct problem, but the base level during more powerful storms and storm surges was?

He doesn't.

Funny, that

Comment

Originally posted by Stripe View Post

He doesn't.

But Barbarian was right...... both about storm surges and sea-level rise.

Our weather is changing, and storm surge incidents are increasing in intensity.

And so storm surges are a greater risk now.

But future sea-level rise is a 'no-brainer'....... Oops! At risk of getting sensitive, I'll just stop there.

Comment

But Barbarian was right.
                That's debatable. Regardless, he seems to have forgotten when his narrative needs it.
                E≈mc2

-Bob B.

Comment

But Barbarian was right...... both about storm surges and sea-level rise.
                  For the trolls, this isn't about right and wrong, it's about right and left.

Comment

The opposite of left is always right.
                    E≈mc2

-Bob B.

Comment

Where I live the fact of climate change is not supported by left and contested by right, nearly everybody here acknowledges the dangers and supports the initiatives that we are following, from massive wind and solar farms to hydrogen production plants, hybrid and electric vehicles, raised sea walls, reduction of waste, tougher emissions tests for vehicles, city low emission zones and much more. We are also turning our attention to the fact that a very high % of our homes are heated by gas with resulting high CO2 emissions there.

And so, to read of folks who deny that global warming is happening, accusing 'Leftist' politicians of making it all up, and stuff like that..... is pretty amazing.

I wonder if it is the science that they are knocking? They just don't like anything that smacks of science, it seems?

Comment

Where I live the fact of climate change is not supported by left and contested by right, nearly everybody here acknowledges the dangers and supports the initiatives that we are following, from massive wind and solar farms to hydrogen production plants, hybrid and electric vehicles, raised sea walls, reduction of waste, tougher emissions tests for vehicles, city low emission zones and much more. We are also turning our attention to the fact that a very high % of our homes are heated by gas with resulting high CO2 emissions there.

And so, to read of folks who deny that global warming is happening, accusing 'Leftist' politicians of making it all up, and stuff like that..... is pretty amazing.

I wonder if it is the science that they are knocking? They just don't like anything that smacks of science, it seems?
                        I think so. The notion that there is an objective reality, not subject to man's wishes, is what they seem to find so objectionable.

Comment

I think so. The notion that there is an objective reality, not subject to man's wishes, is what they seem to find so objectionable.
                          Maybe I'll get an explanation from such a person?

Comment

Maybe I'll get an explanation from such a person?
                            how quickly you forget

Michael Mann tried to pretend his graph was "objective reality"
                            Dr. Tim Ball called him on his lie
                            Michael Mann sued Dr. Tim Ball and lost .

Comment

how quickly you forget

Michael Mann tried to pretend his graph was "objective reality"
                              What did Exxon know that you don't?

Exxon knew: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGVW9vJ773k

Comment

Barbarian chuckles:

how quickly you forget
                                You've already forgotten that Ball doctored those graph, changing scales to hide his dishonesty. Look again. Remember when I showed you that?

Whatever thelawyers did, his trickery is right there for anyone willing to think for himself.

Are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X