Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U.S. Christian Population in Freefall

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • fascinating, aint it?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by annabenedetti View Post
      Speaking of fundamentalism...

      Far-right evangelical talk radio host Rick Wiles asserted on Tuesday that conservative Americans will “hunt” Democrats if President Donald Trump is removed from office.

      Wiles, a Florida pastor who is an ardent antisemite and conspiracy theorist, made the comments while speaking on his televised TruNews show, which is hosted on the End Times broadcasting network, during a segment about the ongoing impeachment inquiry against the president.

      “If they take him out, there is going to be violence in America. There are people in this country, veterans, cowboys, mountain men, guys that know how to fight, and they’re going to make a decision that the people that did this to Donald Trump are not going to get away with it and they’re going to hunt them down,” Wiles said, before adding that he is deadly “serious.”

      “If these people in Washington think that they are going to get away with it, it’s not going to happen,” he continued. “The Trump supporters are going to hunt them down. It’s going to happen and this country is going to be plunged into darkness and they brought it upon themselves because they won’t back off.”
      Wow, what an absolute wingnut.

      Well this is fun isn't it?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
        I don't remember what I had said originally, so allow me to compose a new response.

        The days were only slightly longer. The orbit didn't change.

        How was an hour defined, Arthur? 1/24th of a day, yes?

        Which means that hours would have been slightly longer before the flood.

        No change in number of hours, just that the days were slightly longer.

        All of that, just to say that there is STILL not enough time for evolution to happen, because the Bible says "six days" and "at the beginning God made man male and female."
        Um, no, your response to me in regards to my own response to Tambora was That Christianity is fundamentalism. It had nothing to do with the above and that is tackled elsewhere as it is.

        Well this is fun isn't it?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post
          Um, no, your response to me in regards to my own response to Tambora was That Christianity is fundamentalism. It had nothing to do with the above and that is tackled elsewhere as it is.

          Then why did you respond to a post that had nothing to do with that?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
            Then why did you respond to a post that had nothing to do with that?

            Are you denying that you posted a response to me saying that fundamentalism is Christianity? That the two are intertwined if you want?
            Well this is fun isn't it?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post
              Are you denying that you posted a response to me saying that fundamentalism is Christianity?
              I'm not, I'm asking you why you quoted a post that was about the length of days before the flood, when the post you were looking for was about fundamentalism and Christianity.

              Two VERY different subjects.



              Please quote, in the response to this post, the post of mine that you want me to respond to.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
                I'm not, I'm asking you why you quoted a post that was about the length of days before the flood, when the post you were looking for was about fundamentalism and Christianity.

                Two VERY different subjects.



                Please quote, in the response to this post, the post of mine that you want me to respond to.
                So, you're not denying it. So where is the post? Why has it mysteriously disappeared into the ether? Your reply to me was in regards to a post I'd made to Tambora...and it had nothing to do with the above but pretty much fundamentalism and Christianity being the same thing.

                Well this is fun isn't it?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post
                  So, you're not denying it. So where is the post? Why has it mysteriously disappeared into the ether? Your reply to me was in regards to a post I'd made to Tambora...
                  I told you what happened to it.

                  Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
                  OH, I know what happened. I moved it to a different thread, and didn't separate the post out.

                  One sec...
                  Allow me to clarify.

                  When I moved the post, I removed the part of the post that was my reply to you, and then posted the rest of it in another thread.

                  In other words, I accidentally deleted it by mistake.

                  I don't move posts around very often because I'm on mobile, so doing it is a bit more challenging, and so while I was moving the post, I forgot to copy the portion relevant to this discussion so that I could re-post it again here.

                  Like I said. Quote the post that you want me to reply to. Otherwise I'm just going to move on from this discussion.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
                    I told you what happened to it.

                    Allow me to clarify.

                    When I moved the post, I removed the part of the post that was my reply to you, and then posted the rest of it in another thread.

                    In other words, I accidentally deleted it by mistake.

                    I don't move posts around very often because I'm on mobile, so doing it is a bit more challenging, and so while I was moving the post, I forgot to copy the portion relevant to this discussion so that I could re-post it again here.

                    Like I said. Quote the post that you want me to reply to. Otherwise I'm just going to move on from this discussion.

                    How can I quote something when it's been deleted? I logged on this morning to have a notification that you had quoted a post of mine whereby you equated Christianity and fundamentalism as one and the same. When I logged in later, said post was nowhere to be seen.

                    It's not my fault if you can't remember or keep up with your own posts or whatever else. If you do actually consider certain belief criteria to be integral to Christianity then that's up to you. It sure doesn't apply to everyone else.
                    Well this is fun isn't it?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post
                      How can I quote something when it's been deleted? I logged on this morning to have a notification that you had quoted a post of mine whereby you equated Christianity and fundamentalism as one and the same. When I logged in later, said post was nowhere to be seen.

                      It's not my fault if you can't remember or keep up with your own posts or whatever else. If you do actually consider certain belief criteria to be integral to Christianity then that's up to you. It sure doesn't apply to everyone else.


                      Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
                      Like I said. Quote the post that you want me to reply to. Otherwise I'm just going to move on from this discussion.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post




                        Do you equate Christianity and fundamentalism as being one and the same? That's what your deleted post stated before it "disappeared"...or do you want to revise that? You answered to me on the point so enough with the prevarication...
                        Well this is fun isn't it?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
                          Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
                          Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post

                          So profound...

                          Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post
                            Do you equate Christianity and fundamentalism as being one and the same? That's what your deleted post stated before it "disappeared"...or do you want to revise that? You answered to me on the point so enough with the prevarication...

                            Yes, he sees fundamentalism and 'true' Christianity as one and the same. Something along the lines of Christianity, if you're doing it right, is by definition fundamental.

                            Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post
                              Wow, what an absolute wingnut.

                              There's more where that one came from...

                              Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

                              Comment


                              • I was wondering if we can actually define terms here.

                                What is Christianity?

                                What are the tenets of Christianity?

                                what is fundamentalism?
                                Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

                                What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

                                I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
                                . -Ktoyou

                                I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X