Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stripe View Post
    Nope.
    And you have a peculiar habit of confusing declaration with argument. Here's how to unhorse that sort of thing.

You wrote:
    Originally posted by Stripe View Post
    This is why liberals are so dangerous.They characterized vast swaths of people according to their own insecurities, racism and fear,
    What I'd written is that a lot of Trump's supporters are "angry and fearful." You went even larger with an unqualified "liberals" then used "fear," followed by "insecurities and racism," an echo of my noting religious bigotry (fear of and contempt for the Muslim--a lot like the way WASPs felt about Catholics a long time ago) and my earlier note about fear of displacement, which is rooted in insecurity.

That's a pretty dead center "I know you are but what am I?" response, unless you don't understand what that means.

Nope.
    Self-evidently mistaken as both the president and many of his supporters mistrust and would deny Muslims entry into this country.

Nope.
    Self-evidently true as you ran to legislation unnamed and a proffer that liberals would use it to strip freedom from citizens. That's both paranoid and conspiracy theory.

And you want to overturn your republic.
    Not even a little true.

We see your contempt for people.
    I want to trust them with a one man, one vote. That's trust, not contempt. Meanwhile, you...well, you can't hide in plain sight, Stripe. Your trust is as self-evident as your pluralization.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
      And you have a peculiar habit of confusing declaration with argument. Here's how to unhorse that sort of thing.You wrote: What I'd written is that a lot of Trump's supporters are "angry and fearful." You went even larger with an unqualified "liberals" then used "fear," followed by "insecurities and racism," an echo of my noting religious bigotry (fear of and contempt for the Muslim--a lot like the way WASPs felt about Catholics a long time ago) and my earlier note about fear of displacement, which is rooted in insecurity. That's a pretty dead center "I know you are but what am I?" response, unless you don't understand what that means. Self-evidently mistaken as both the president and many of his supporters mistrust and would deny Muslims entry into this country.Self-evidently true as you ran to legislation unnamed and a proffer that liberals would use it to strip freedom from citizens. That's both paranoid and conspiracy theory.Not even a little true.
      Nope.

I want to trust them with a one man, one vote. That's trust.
      Nope.

You want them to vote according to your plans and if they don't, you want rules to control them.

Giving men voting is giving them sugar. Saccharin-sweet and rotting to the core.

It doesn't matter who people vote for when both choices are death.
      Where is the evidence for a global flood?
      E≈mc2
      "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
      -Bob B.

Comment

Nope.
        Nope (see prior).

Nope.
        Nope (see prior).

You want them to vote according to your plans and if they don't, you want rules to control them.
        Nope (see prior).

Giving men voting is giving them sugar. Saccharin-sweet and rotting to the core.
        Nope (see prior).

It doesn't matter who people vote for when both choices are death.
        Or hamsters.

Pro-Life

Comment

Nope (see prior).Nope (see prior).Nope (see prior).Nope (see prior).Or hamsters.
          Nope.

You are demonstrably voting for death no matter which way you go.

You just happen to side with the baby killers who are open about their agenda.
          E≈mc2

-Bob B.

Comment

Nope.

And this is the end of democracy: a society that votes, but votes for the greater of two evils.

It's where democracies have died in the past and it's where all of them are headed until liberty intervenes.

Anyone who thinks they are free because they can vote is blind.
            E≈mc2

-Bob B.

Comment

Nope.
              Nope (see prior).

Stuff and nonsense.

Nope, but which baby killers are you talking about? There are pro-choice voices in the Republican Party, just as there is a pro-life section of the Democratic Party.

I'm disappointed you didn't address the hamster issue though.

Pro-Life

Comment

And this is the end of democracy: a society that votes, but votes for the greater of two evils.
                Who gets to decide when that happens?

Anyone who thinks they are free because they can vote is blind.
                Anyone who thinks they are free without the vote might as well be.

Pro-Life

Comment

Nope (see prior).
                  Nope.

Stuff and nonsense.
                  Except that a central plank of the party you will vote for is "reproductive rights."

That's lawyer talk — another sign of a mature democracy — for baby killing.

So stuff and nonsense and objective fact.

There are pro-choice voices in the Republican Party, just as there is a pro-life section of the Democratic Party.
                  Assertion sans evidence. There isn't a single political entity in any party in the whole world that opposes baby killing.

Want to prove me wrong? Show me its Web site. Start with the so-called pro-life Democrats. Show me its policy platform, or if it doesn't have one, the policies of its leaders.

We'll wait.
                  E≈mc2

-Bob B.

Comment

Nope.
                    Nope (see my prior).

Except that a central plank of the party you will vote for is "reproductive rights."
                    Nope. I don't vote for a party. I vote for candidates.

That's lawyer talk
                    It's the product of an education, to be sure.

Assertion sans evidence.
                    Democrats for Life (linked) of America (DFLA) is a 501(c)(4) American political advocacy nonprofit organization that seeks to elect pro-life Democrats and to encourage the Democratic Party to oppose euthanasia, capital punishment and abortion.

Republicans for Choice is an American political action committee (PAC) composed of members of the United States Republican Party who support abortion rights.

Or you could look within the parties on the topic. Pew has a bit. There's a substantial percent of both to be found. Here's a link on the topic from Pew reflecting the numbers/percentages: link.

21% of Democrats favored making abortion illegal in most or all cases, with 15% of self-declared liberals within the party holding that same line. On the Republican side, 36% favored legal in some or all cases, while that figure went to 29% of self-identifying conservatives.

Pro-Life

Comment

Nope (see my prior).
                      No thanks. And nope.

I don't vote for a party. I vote for candidates.
                      That's nice.

It's the product of an education, to be sure.
                      Yeah. You need at least four years of college to convince yourself that "reproductive rights" is a real issue.

(linked)
                      [Box]Democrats for Life of America congratulates Governor John Bel Edwards for his integrity and courage by signing Louisiana’s legislation to prohibit abortion once a heartbeat is detected.
                      Governor Edwards is a leader for the “pro-life-for-the-whole-life” movement.[/quote]

Except for the life before instruments can detect a heartbeat.

You could look within the parties on the topic.
                      Why?

Did you utterly misunderstand what I said?

21% of Democrats favored making abortion illegal in most or all cases, with 15% of self-declared liberals within the party holding that same line. On the Republican side, 36% favored legal in some or all cases, while that figure went to 29% of self-identifying conservatives.
                      Put those statistics down before you do yourself an injury.
                      E≈mc2

-Bob B.

Comment

No thanks. And nope.
                        Polite, which I appreciate, but still wrong for the reasons set out prior.

That's nice.
                        Thanks again. I thought so too. Well, more reasoned than nice, but thanks anyway.

Yeah. You need at least four years of college to convince yourself that "reproductive rights" is a real issue.
                        Ham and eggs. And sometimes bacon. But not every day.

Democrats for Life of America congratulates Governor John Bel Edwards for his integrity and courage by signing Louisiana’s legislation to prohibit abortion once a heartbeat is detected.
                        Governor Edwards is a leader for the “pro-life-for-the-whole-life” movement.

Except for the life before instruments can detect a heartbeat.
                        Not that unusual here. Also, most Americans favor abortion rights in the case of rape, incest, or when the life of the mother is in jeopardy. I set that out prior. So there are all sorts of divisions within people who favor restricting abortion rights.

Why?
                        To understand how Americans view abortion within both traditionally liberal and traditionally conservative groupings.

Did you utterly misunderstand what I said?
                        Well, if I did I'd be the last person who could answer that one, wouldn't I.

Put those statistics down before you do yourself an injury.
                        You're living proof that you don't need any particular knowledge at all to accomplish that much.

Pro-Life

Comment

To understand how Americans view abortion within both traditionally liberal and traditionally conservative groupings.
                          I know how they view it. There are no political groups that do not at least have exceptions.
                          E≈mc2

-Bob B.

Comment

• And the actual issue is that under both political parties, nigh on 1 million babies are murdered every year.

So you can claim to vote "candidate over party" all you like, that's not going to change the reality that democracy universally leads to genocide.
                            E≈mc2

-Bob B.

Comment

... democracy universally leads to genocide.

that's 'cause man is inherently evil, a concept rejected by leftists and a critical reason why they will always be wrong

Comment

And the actual issue is that under both political parties, nigh on 1 million babies are murdered every year.

if a trump packed SCOTUS gets that down to 4000, isn't that a win?

Comment

Working...
                                X