What the Law and the Bible say about Homosexuality.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
... what adults do in the privacy of their own homes be they straight, gay, bi, married or cohabiting is nobody else's business

but we're not talking about that are we?

If you made adultery a capital crime with death by being pushed off a cliff being one of the execution options you'd see the marriage rate plummet.

that, my friend, is a classic example of lazy thinking

it presumes that when people get married, they are planning to be unfaithful

a similarly poor example of that "logic" would be the following: If you made molestation of your children a capital crime with death by being pushed off a cliff being one of the execution options you'd see the birth rate plummet.

ok doser

Today, we have to deal with flaming homos on every corner because it is NO LONGER a crime at all, let alone worthy of death.

in canada, they have to deal with two flaming homos, kissing, in every handful of change:

hqdefault.jpg

Arthur Brain

You apparently have no idea what hyperbole or figure of speech is.

Sure I do. So if you're exaggerating then there's no problem for you is there? You can go on about your daily life just as "homos" can go about theirs.

What about Paul? Do you reject Paul's authority?

I don't worship Paul and nor do I think everything he wrote was supposed to be applied thousands of years later. You do realize that some of those letters were wrote to a people of the time, right?

:think:

I know that Paul said "homos should be put to death."

Well, that ain't gonna happen in the present is it? Deal with it.

Do you agree with Paul? Or disagree with him?

See above.

glorydaz

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them.For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.Professing to be wise, they became fools,and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves,who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting;being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers,backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful;who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them. - Romans 1:18-32 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans1:18-32&version=NKJV

All sin is deserving of death. The wages of sin is death. So what is your point?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
All sin is deserving of death. The wages of sin is death. So what is your point?

Just reading the phrase "are deserving of death" indicates that Paul is not talking about spiritual death, but physical death, as one dies spiritually the moment they first break God's law.

Had Paul rather said something along the lines of, "that those who practice such things are dead," you might have a point. But it says:

who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them. - Romans 1:32 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans1:32&version=NKJV

The Greek verb used?

Morphology: V-PIA-3P

Part of Speech:
- V: Verb

Grammatical Categories:
- Tense P: Present
- Mood I: Indicative
- Voice A: Active

- Person 3: 3rd Person
- Number P: Plural

c2508257a038813fa3ba1ccda12bc6bc.jpg

"worthy of death"

Ergo, my point remains.

Homosexuality is and should be a crime, and criminals convicted of such should be executed, according to Paul.

It's not a law given only to Israel, otherwise Paul wouldn't affirm it as valid after being given his gospel.

Reactions: Lon

glorydaz

Sure I do. So if you're exaggerating then there's no problem for you is there? You can go on about your daily life just as "homos" can go about theirs.

I don't worship Paul and nor do I think everything he wrote was supposed to be applied thousands of years later. You do realize that some of those letters were wrote to a people of the time, right?

What I find interesting is that the Apostle Paul tells those in the church not to judge those outside the church. It simply is not their business.

1 Cor. 5:12-13 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? 13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.​

The job of believers is to preach the Gospel of Salvation to the lost. I honestly don't see much of that going on here. :think:

We don't see Jesus calling for the stoning of this harlot, do we?

Luke 7:36-39 And one of the Pharisees desired him that he would eat with him. And he went into the Pharisee's house, and sat down to meat. 37 And, behold, a woman in the city, which was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at meat in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster box of ointment, 38 And stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment. 39 Now when the Pharisee which had bidden him saw it, he spake within himself, saying, This man, if he were a prophet, would have known who and what manner of woman this is that toucheth him: for she is a sinner.​

The Pharisee was too busy judging to wash the Lord's feet.

Luke 7:44 And he turned to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest thou this woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but she hath washed my feet with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head. 45 Thou gavest me no kiss: but this woman since the time I came in hath not ceased to kiss my feet. 46 My head with oil thou didst not anoint: but this woman hath anointed my feet with ointment. 47 Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.​

glorydaz

Just reading the phrase "are deserving of death" indicates that Paul is not talking about spiritual death, but physical death, as one dies spiritually the moment they first break God's law.

Had Paul rather said something along the lines of, "that those who practice such things are dead," you might have a point. But it says:

who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them. - Romans 1:32 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans1:32&version=NKJV

The Greek verb used?

Morphology: V-PIA-3P

Part of Speech:
- V: Verb

Grammatical Categories:
- Tense P: Present
- Mood I: Indicative
- Voice A: Active

- Person 3: 3rd Person
- Number P: Plural

c2508257a038813fa3ba1ccda12bc6bc.jpg

"worthy of death"

Ergo, my point remains.

Homosexuality is and should be a crime, and criminals convicted of such should be executed, according to Paul.

It's not a law given only to Israel, otherwise Paul wouldn't affirm it as valid after being given his gospel.

Then you have Paul contradicting himself, don't you? All who sin are deserving of death. Period.

ok doser

What I find interesting is that the Apostle Paul tells those in the church not to judge those outside the church. It simply is not their business.

1 Cor. 5:12-13 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? 13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

ok, Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

but wait, you don't want to do that do you?

glory said:
The job of believers is to preach the Gospel of Salvation to the lost.

Paul sez to put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

Glory sez not to

what to do, what to do :dizzy:

ok doser

ok, Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

but wait, you don't want to do that do you?

Paul sez to put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

Glory sez not to

what to do, what to do :dizzy:

furthermore, glory, how do you determine whether or not someone is a wicked person without judging them?

Lon

in canada, they have to deal with two flaming homos, kissing, in every handful of change:

hqdefault.jpg
I'd have to say "paper, please" at that point. I've no idea how a government can shove such an agenda concerning one percent of the population :idunno: Seems considerably over-represented to me.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Sure I do. So if you're exaggerating then there's no problem for you is there?

Of course there is.

You can go on about your daily life just as "homos" can go about theirs.

Well, no, I can't, because no matter where I go (and I go to a lot of places) I can't seem to get away from a society that is obsessed with perversion.

I don't worship Paul

Not what I asked.

I asked if you recognize Paul's authority, and I'll now add to the question:

Do you recognize Paul's authority in matters concerning gentiles?

and nor do I think everything he wrote was supposed to be applied thousands of years later.

So, in other words, you think that what Paul taught had an expiration date?

You do realize that some of those letters were wrote to a people of the time, right?

もちろんです。 Do you think that everything Paul wrote in his Epistles only applies to the people he wrote to? Or is some of it applicable today?

Well, that ain't gonna happen in the present is it? Deal with it.

See above.

It won't if no one is trying to get to that point.

I'm currently dealing with part of the problem.

Arthur Brain

1 Cor. 5:12-13 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? 13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.​

The job of believers is to preach the Gospel of Salvation to the lost. I honestly don't see much of that going on here. :think:

We don't see Jesus calling for the stoning of this harlot, do we?

Luke 7:36-39 And one of the Pharisees desired him that he would eat with him. And he went into the Pharisee's house, and sat down to meat. 37 And, behold, a woman in the city, which was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at meat in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster box of ointment, 38 And stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment. 39 Now when the Pharisee which had bidden him saw it, he spake within himself, saying, This man, if he were a prophet, would have known who and what manner of woman this is that toucheth him: for she is a sinner.​

The Pharisee was too busy judging to wash the Lord's feet.

Luke 7:44 And he turned to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest thou this woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but she hath washed my feet with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head. 45 Thou gavest me no kiss: but this woman since the time I came in hath not ceased to kiss my feet. 46 My head with oil thou didst not anoint: but this woman hath anointed my feet with ointment. 47 Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.​

"For she loved much..."

Precious little of that going on with those who want to enact certain laws on here.

ok doser

btw - the canadian dollar is almost as volatile as silver and gold prices - if that silver ten dollar piece is in general circulation, it won;t take long before it's more valuable melted down