Trump to declare National Emergency to build wall

Kit the Coyote

Guns are not violent. People are violent.

I have a constitutional right to own a gun.
Illegal Aliens have no right to sneak into the country.

There are billions of gun regulations on the books already... ...too many. Your post is false.

Since none of this has to do directly with my point, so is yours.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
DzjH9PFX0AELbE1.jpg

:thumb:

that should include "rapists"

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Guns are not violent.
Guns are created for violence. It is their purpose.

People are violent.
And especially effective at expressing that when in the possession of guns.

I have a constitutional right to own a gun.
Absolutely. The question regarding guns boils down to what sort of guns can we afford to allow in the stream of commerce given the technological advancements since the Founders created the right. Certainly, the simplest single or double barrel weapon we manufacture today is much more lethal than the guns the Founders believed sufficient for the task of preserving it.

Illegal Aliens have no right to sneak into the country.
Agreed. We have legal standards and ways to become a citizen.

There are billions of gun regulations on the books already...
No, we don't and the question regards the efficacy of the ones we do, along with a reasonable proposal that particular laws could be and should be implemented that would necessarily improve the safety of citizens without denying them the right to own a weapon.

Kit the Coyote

it appeared that your point was to draw a false equivalency between two unconnected controversies

The subject was Congress being completely ineffective when people are literally being killed and the implication that this only occurs on the border issue. I think gun violence issues would apply to, the inability to address the issues of bump stocks would be a prime example.

ok doser

The subject was Congress being completely ineffective when people are literally being killed and the implication that this only occurs on the border issue. I think gun violence issues would apply to, the inability to address the issues of bump stocks would be a prime example.

surely you know that you can bump fire any semi auto rifle, right?

regardless of what kind of stock is on it

:think: ya know, i'll bet i can design and build an external trigger accessory that does the same job while being able to actually aim the damn thing - the same concept is used in a surge braking system on trailers

Kit the Coyote

surely you know that you can bump fire any semi auto rifle, right?

regardless of what kind of stock is on it

:think: ya know, i'll bet i can design and build an external trigger accessory that does the same job while being able to actually aim the damn thing - the same concept is used in a surge barking system on trailers

Which I am sure is all true and has absolutely nothing to do with the point which was Congress.

ok doser

Which I am sure is all true and has absolutely nothing to do with the point which was Congress.

the point is this - congress has a role to play in enforcing our borders

congress does not and should not have a role to play in violating the second amendment

hence my comment about false equivalencies

TrumpTrainCA

BANNED
Banned
The people who wrote the Constitution are fools?

No, the doofus Tom Rogan who wrote that article is a fool, and so is everybody who thinks Trump is wrong. The government prime task above all other s to provide for the defense and security of the people. Congress has pee'd that duty down the toilet and Trump is trying to save us.

My question is, why do you want rapists and murderers and drug traffickers crossing the border? You are okay with rapists and murderers and drug traffickers, but you are mad at Trump for trying to block them. That speaks volumes abut you.

In 2012, Obama declared a national emergency entitled, "Blocking Property of Persons Threatening the Peace, Security, or Stability of Yemen" in order to freeze the assets of anyone perceived to be negatively impacting a political transition in Yemen. In 2014 he issued a national emergency referred to as "Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Ukraine," which similarly locked the assets of those thought to be undermining democratic processes in Ukraine. So its okay to defend foreigners but not us?.

Trump has declared three national emergencies so far. One centers on creating penalties for individuals around the world who are involved in human rights abuses. Another penalizes individuals involved in perpetuating violence in Nicaragua. And another imposes sanctions on foreign entities who seek to interfere in American elections.

No peep from you.

Now you are screaming. Why? Because you are a lemming dancing to the fake news media's tune.

TrumpTrainCA

BANNED
Banned

congress does not and should not have a role to play in violating the second amendment

You are correct. Trump is not taking away any citizen's constitutional rights, but is the left tries to go after guns tats exactly what they will be doing.

Kit the Coyote

So you countered by chasing the false equivalence which was never the point down its rabbit hole.

You are correct, Congress has a role to play and it is playing that role.

Kit the Coyote

My question is, why do you want rapists and murderers and drug traffickers crossing the border? You are okay with rapists and murderers and drug traffickers, but you are mad at Trump for trying to block them. That speaks volumes abut you.

My answer is, I don't. The fact that you assume that someone who doesn't agree and walk lock step with President Trump on one narrow potential solution to the problem is somehow in favor of the problem speaks volumes about you.

In 2012, Obama declared a national emergency entitled, "Blocking Property of Persons Threatening the Peace, Security, or Stability of Yemen" in order to freeze the assets of anyone perceived to be negatively impacting a political transition in Yemen. In 2014 he issued a national emergency referred to as "Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Ukraine," which similarly locked the assets of those thought to be undermining democratic processes in Ukraine. So its okay to defend foreigners but not us?.

No, but don't see how any of those things prevented us from defending ourselves.

Trump has declared three national emergencies so far. One centers on creating penalties for individuals around the world who are involved in human rights abuses. Another penalizes individuals involved in perpetuating violence in Nicaragua. And another imposes sanctions on foreign entities who seek to interfere in American elections.

No peep from you.

Now you are screaming. Why? Because you are a lemming dancing to the fake news media's tune.

Because none of those things involved what I believe is a direct usurpation of the Balance of Powers.

You have painted the situation as President Trump acting because Congress is not doing anything. That is not the case. Congress specifically told the President "NO" to funding a single part of border security he wants to do in perfect keeping with their position as a co-equal power in the Federal Government.

Congress is acting on the issue of border security and has offered considerable resources to it.

Let me ask you a question, do you agree with this statement?

We must not allow the President to subvert the Constitution of the US for his own benefit just because he is unable to negotiate with Congress.

glorydaz

Congress is acting on the issue of border security and has offered considerable resources to it.

That's a joke.

Let me ask you a question, do you agree with this statement?

We must not allow the President to subvert the Constitution of the US for his own benefit just because he is unable to negotiate with Congress.

Gosh, you topped your last joke with your outrageous assumptions.

Congress is refusing to negotiate....don't pretend like you've never seen that happen before.

Kit the Coyote

Congress is refusing to negotiate....don't pretend like you've never seen that happen before.

Saying "No" to a specific item while offering others in return is typically called negotiating. So is drawing hard lines and saying this is non-negotiable. And yes I've seen that happen many times before in the last 30 odd years I've followed politics.

So tell me do you agree with that statement?

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
You are correct. Trump is not taking away any citizen's constitutional rights, but is the left tries to go after guns tats exactly what they will be doing.

Can I get a bazooka? a machine gun? a mobile rocket launcher based on my 2nd amendment rights?