Democrats Destroying the Most Important Principles of Justice in the USA

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Can you even begin to understand what his daughters have gone through and will continue to go through just because the Democrats decided to play dirty and make sure the whole world knew that their father was being accused of sexual misconduct?
That was coming out no matter what anyone wanted. The process could have been far different, more thorough and fair to both parties, but the allegations were going to be understood by the public regardless. And it was undoubtedly upsetting for the girls, whom I am sure love and believe in their father.

Either the fault for their upset is ultimately the work of their father as a less controlled and reckless youth, or it rests at the feet of Ford, through faulty memory or willful dissembling.

And none of us can know where that blame really belongs.

That the democrats made hay of it to attempt a delay of his confirmation is certain. That the republicans used it to advance their midterm narrative is equally beyond dispute.

glorydaz

It was a total scam. Ford was in on it and anyone who couldn't see she was lying through her teeth is too stupid to ever be on a jury....much less a "job interview".

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It was a total scam. Ford was in on it and anyone who couldn't see she was lying through her teeth is too stupid to ever be on a jury....much less a "job interview".
Only Ford, Kavanaugh and his buddy know the truth. Anyone else who says they do is confusing their imagination and bias with knowledge.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Only Ford, Kavanaugh and his buddy know the truth. Anyone else who says they do is confusing their imagination and bias with knowledge.

You are confusing your posts with intelligent statements.

Only the moon knows if there's an underground Martian outpost on it, but I can tell you now that there's not.

Only Ford, Kavanaugh and his buddy know the truth, but I can tell everyone now that Ford is a lying sack of sh*t. Even her own friend contradicted her testimony.

Jerry Shugart

You don't want to consider it because it won't take you where you mean to go, but that's not how to reason a thing out, Jerry.

You are the one who throws your reason to the wind when you insist that the principle of "presumed innocence" only applies to the court of law.

Say a woman makes a pass at a married man and is rebuked. Then several years later in order to get revenge on the man who spurned her she tells everyone who will listen that ten years earlier he tried to rape her. And even though none of the circumstances which she relates about the supposed event check out as being factual the man does not enjoy a presumption of innocence, according to you, because the issue is not being decided in a court of law.

The man must prove his innocence even though she cannot even give the time when it supposedly happened or the place. And then since that is impossible those who heard the false charges believe her because the woman must be believed.

As far as I can tell you would fall right in line with those who say that she must be believed because he does not enjoy the presumption of innocence!

Last edited:

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Ford said her longtime friend was there so Ford was not telling the truth because her friend said she wasn't there. Who do you believe, Ford or her long-time friend?

SLAM!!

bullseye-dart-board-icon-image-260nw-699822736.jpg

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Ford said her longtime friend was there
Right. At a party decades ago among how many parties?

so Ford was not telling the truth because her friend said she wasn't there.
Her friend didn't say that. Do you even know the name of that friend? Look back, I gave it to you. Her friend said she doesn't remember the party. Why would she? Can you remember every or even most of the parties you went to as a teenager?

I can think of a couple where the police showed up. And that's why I remember them. Otherwise...not so much.

Who do you believe, Ford or her long-time friend?
Her friend actually said that she believes Ford. You need a better command of the facts.

You are the one who throws your reason to the wind when you insist that the principle of "presumed innocence" only applies to the court of law.
What I've actually done is set out why the legal presumption of innocence doesn't and shouldn't apply to the Kavanaugh hearing. I've told you the why of that presumption at law, the purpose it serves and how that wouldn't fit with the Committee's role.

Say a woman makes a pass at a married man and is rebuked. Then several years later in order to get revenge on the man who spurned her she tells everyone who will listen that ten years earlier he tried to rape her. And even though none of the circumstances which she relates about the supposed event check out as being factual the man does not enjoy a presumption of innocence because the issue is not being decided in a court of law.
Or, you could just say, "Sometimes a woman might or will lie about sexual assault." Sure. It has happened. We had a fairly prominent example of it not that long ago. It's the sort of exception that shouldn't be confused with the rule AND it's why I have said and continue to say that we shouldn't go into any non-judicial hearing assuming that anyone is telling the truth, that we should consider everything and reach an informed conclusion.

The man must prove his innocence even though she cannot even give the time when it supposedly happened or the place.
I've spoken to memory. I've literally set out how you can be telling the plain truth, decades removed, and not have any number of things in your recollection that would be helpful to recall. I've noted prior that witnesses in close proximity to a traumatic event will get all sorts of things wrong. And to an extent, that's an argument for Ford's veracity, not against it. If she could set out every detail I'd suspect the narrative, absent a diary or some document she'd produced and used to refresh her memory.

And then since that is impossible those who heard the false charges believe her because the woman must be believed.
Not my proffer at all. Not a position I've ever supported. What I have said is that as a rule women come forward because they have, in fact, been sexually assaulted. And I've also said that rules tend to break down along the exceptions, so we have to look at individual cases without the presumption, but as a society understand they're mostly coming forward to tell a horrible truth and we should encourage them to feel safe enough to do that. We should divest ourselves of the tendency to ask questions like, "What were you wearing?" or "What were you doing at a bar alone that late at night?" that come with the insinuation of a shared guilt. That sort of thing.

As far as I can tell you would fall right in line with those who say that she must be believed because he does not enjoy the presumption of innocence!
Then as far as I can tell either your reason or your reading is compromised, because it not only doesn't, I've repeatedly told you that it doesn't. I've consistently called for an examination of both narratives and a reasoned conclusion.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You are confusing your posts with intelligent statements.
You're confusing a declaration with an argument.

Or maybe you just don't know they're different.

Only the moon knows if there's an underground Martian outpost on it, but I can tell you now that there's not.
I'd point out the flaw in that fumbling, but until you connect it why should I bother?

Only Ford, Kavanaugh and his buddy know the truth
That's what I said. You just keep getting funnier.

but I can tell everyone now that Ford is a lying sack of sh*t.
You can say anything and if there's one thing your posting here over time has proved it's that you darn near will.

Even her own friend contradicted her testimony.
She didn't.

"Although Ford’s friend Keyser said she does not remember attending a party where Kavanaugh was present, she told The Washington Post that she believed the allegation made by Ford, while Ford herself has said that she did not expect Keyser to remember the party because she had told no one about what happened until 2012." Newsweek, LINK

fool

Hall of Fame
Three weeks until we see how badly this backfires on the libtards :banana:

There will be another round, a week or so before the election there will be a Tsunami of allegations against every Republican running.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
All of them accused by Ford of attempted rape at an indeterminate time and an indeterminate location?

fool

Hall of Fame
All of them accused by Ford of attempted rape at an indeterminate time and an indeterminate location?
They go for quantity over quality.
None of the Moore accusers even claimed to have had sex with him much less been raped.
They actually accused Kavenaugh of being in a train but I don't think anyone took that seriously.
There's probably some people out there who think Kavenaugh ran a train on Ford because they conflate the different accusers and the media counts on that.
Start small, like Ford with getting jumped and groped in a bedroom at a party. Then move quickly to exposing himself in college and top it off with running trains in high school. As soon as the wind comes out of the sails of one story get the next one out there, diminishing credibility is no problem as long as severity increases. The media consumers will lump it all together in their minds and say "How could they put a rapist on the Supreme Court?".

Around a week and a half before election day, watch for accusations every two to three days against Candidates. I won't believe any of them unless there's DNA on a piece of clothing. And then I'll still question it because it came forward so late.

Jerry Shugart

Her friend actually said that she believes Ford. You need a better command of the facts.

The fact is that her friend said that she doesn't even know Kavanaugh. But according to Ford it was just a small party so how could the friend not know Kavanaugh since he was supposed to be there?

Or, you could just say, "Sometimes a woman might or will lie about sexual assault." Sure. It has happened.

So you admit that Ford could have been lying?

We had a fairly prominent example of it not that long ago. It's the sort of exception that shouldn't be confused with the rule AND it's why I have said and continue to say that we shouldn't go into any non-judicial hearing assuming that anyone is telling the truth, that we should consider everything and reach an informed conclusion.

So despite the fact that nothing Ford said could be confirmed and even contradicted by all those who were at the supposed party you reached an informed conclusion. It doesn't look to me like you considered everything but instead you ignored everything.

I've spoken to memory. I've literally set out how you can be telling the plain truth, decades removed, and not have any number of things in your recollection that would be helpful to recall. I've noted prior that witnesses in close proximity to a traumatic event will get all sorts of things wrong. And to an extent, that's an argument for Ford's veracity, not against it.

Whatever happened to what the Lord Jesus said here:

"Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established" (Mt.18:15-16).​

Ford couldn't even remember where it happened and when it happened. She couldn't remember how she got there and couldn't remember how she got home. But she did remember that she only had one drink.
Her best friend who was supposedly at the small party didn't even know that Kavanaugh was there or any of the other people Ford said were there.

According to your strange ideas those things provide an argument that she was telling the truth.

One flew over the cuckoo's nest!

Last edited: