Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jonahdog View Post
    Bet that made you feel all manly.
    Probably made him more proficient with his firearm.
    Are you proficient with your firearm Jonahdog?
    Everyman is a voice in the dark.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonahdog View Post
      Bet that made you feel all manly.
      hard not to with a manly gun like this:

Comment

• Wife and I headed out into my brother's field for some target practice today. 9mm and 380, for those of you frightened by such things.
        "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
        Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
        By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

Comment

• Target practice is fun. I used to do it as a kid. But getting a hunting lease is expensive, and since I (like most Americans) live where having agun is more dangerous than not having one, I don't do it now unless I visit the family in Iowa.

Far as impeachment goes, I think we should wait for Mueller's final report and then go from there. It could all be circumstantial; I don't yet see unequivocal grounds for impeachment, unless it's the campaign violation when he colluded with Cohen and Pecker to hide his affairs.
          This message is hidden because ...

Comment

• Originally posted by WizardofOz View Post
            Not for London. Perhaps you are referring to other data?
            London still nonetheless has less homicide.
            I see that people have found this one exception and want to cling on to it hoping that it will distract what is otherwise true for much the rest of the world.
            London is a unique problem, not some rebuttal.

The issue with the US, I believe, is the level of gun saturation. Criminals can get them all too easy. Therefore, law abiding citizens should certainly be able to also own one. How many guns used in homicides in Chicago (for example) are legally obtained?
            Criminals will steal guns when they can't obtain them legally, and most often that's exactly what they do. There's hundreds of thousands of times per year guns are reported missing. That's sort of the issue with any solution merely being 'arm John Q Citizen' because John Q is more likely to have them stolen rather than actually using them.

Comment

• Trump impeachment

Faced with the prospect of criminal charges directed at himself and his children when he is no longer President, Americans should be concerned about the willingness of Trump to leave the White House voluntarily, if he were to be impeached and/or voted out of office!

My best guess is that after losing the Presidential Election in 2020, Trump would resign from office some time between late November 2020 and early January 2021, on the condition that interim-President Mike Pence ptovide him and his family presidential pardons!

Comment

• Originally posted by jgarden View Post
                Trump impeachment

Faced with the prospect of criminal charges directed at himself and his children when he is no longer President, Americans should be concerned about the willingness of Trump to leave the White House voluntarily, if he were to be impeached and/or voted out of office!

My best guess is that after losing the Presidential Election in 2020, Trump would resign from office some time between late November 2020 and early January 2021, on the condition that interim-President Mike Pence ptovide him and his family presidential pardons!
                Orange man bad!
                "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
                Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
                By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

Comment

• Originally posted by jgarden View Post
                  Trump impeachment

And in that entire fantasy you don't even try to guess what his crime might be.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Barbarian View Post
                    I don't yet see unequivocal grounds for impeachment, unless it's the campaign violation when he colluded with Cohen and Pecker to hide his affairs.
                    He would have hid his affairs if he wasn't running for President so I don't see that dog hunting. Unless he was stupid enough to do it with campaign funds but being a billionaire he probably has a couple hundred thousand in the change jar on his nightstand.

Comment

• Originally posted by musterion View Post
                      Orange man bad!
                      that's about it

Originally posted by fool View Post
                      rationality is not necessary to satisfy trump derangement syndrome fantasies

Comment

• Originally posted by fool View Post
                        With Trump associates repeatedly being charged/pleading guilty to lying to the FBI, one can only assume that there is something more than a "fantasy" that they are trying to cover up!

Originally posted by ok doser View Post
                        ... rationality is not necessary to satisfy trump derangement syndrome fantasies
                        Please explain as to why this President's decision to shut down the American government after stating repeatedly that only Mexico would be paying for THE WALL qualifies as a rational act - given that he also had Republican majorities in both Houses of Congress for the past 2 years?

Keep in mind that it was this White House, in its infinite wisdom, that turned down a Democratic offer in January 2018 to provide $25 billion for a wall in exchange for keeping the government operating and legislation providing a pathway to citizenship for DREAMERS!
                        Last edited by jgarden; January 3rd, 2019, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• What if he's actually innocent?

In recent weeks, a new consensus has emerged among many legal analysts and observers: Special counsel Robert Mueller is finally closing in on President Trump. This could be correct, but at present, it is still mostly conjecture. There remains a real possibility that Mueller will come up empty, at least in connection with President Donald Trump, his family, and high-level advisers.
                          Neither liberals nor conservatives have adequately considered this prospect. They should.
                          For liberals, it is an article of faith that Mueller will produce a damning report if only he is allowed to complete his investigation. Conservatives dispute this, but their incessant attacks on Mueller suggest a far more pessimistic outlook. Why try to destroy the man who is about to exonerate you?

This view is broadly shared for a reason. By historical standards, Mueller has run an extraordinarily effective and efficient investigation. He has already indicted dozens of Russian nationals for meddling in the 2016 election. More important, he has negotiated plea agreements with senior officials from Trump's campaign, including Paul Manafort's protégé, Rick Gates, and retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn. Experienced prosecutors enter such agreements only when a witness can offer significant ammunition against higher-value targets.
                          If it does, liberals are sure to be despondent. Many of them have been counting on Robert Mueller to rescue them from the waking nightmare of Trump's presidency. As long as he is on the case, they have had at least one reason for hope. Conservatives, by contrast, will feel gleefully vindicated. It is easy to imagine Trump gloating for weeks, even years, at his rallies and on Twitter.

Both sides would be wrong.
                          If there was no collusion and no obstruction, the irony is that Trump could have avoided all of this -- the damage to the rule of law and to his presidency -- by cooperating fully and letting Mueller's probe run its course. If future presidents take any lesson away from Trump, let us hope it is this one.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/03/opini...oan/index.html

Comment

He would have hid his affairs if he wasn't running for President
                            He's been a blatant adulterer, and has not tried to hide it in the past.

Unless he was stupid enough to do it with campaign funds but being a billionaire he probably has a couple hundred thousand in the change jar on his nightstand.
                            Doesn't matter what funds Cohen and Pecker used. They have admitted what they did to hide the affairs were intended to keep them from affecting the election.

And that's a felony. Of course, Trump can claim that they are both lying. Then it comes down to evidence and a jury, if it comes to that.

Comment

He would have hid his affairs if he wasn't running for President so I don't see that dog hunting. Unless he was stupid enough to do it with campaign funds but being a billionaire he probably has a couple hundred thousand in the change jar on his nightstand.
                              The "affairs" which Trump has denied took place when Melania was pregnant with Barron (born March 20, 2006), but Michael Cohen waited until just weeks before the 2016 Presidential Election before making the "hush-money" payments!

The source of the money is immaterial, Cohen and Pecker will both testify that it was paid for the express purpose of buying the silence of these women during the campaign - which qualifies as a deliberate unreported campaign contributions!

Comment

• Originally posted by Crucifer View Post
                                London still nonetheless has less homicide.
                                I see that people have found this one exception and want to cling on to it hoping that it will distract what is otherwise true for much the rest of the world.
                                London is a unique problem, not some rebuttal.
                                London was referenced by another poster earlier in the thread.

What other data are you referring to?

Criminals will steal guns when they can't obtain them legally, and most often that's exactly what they do.
                                Most often? Again, cite this.

And again, as I said earlier, owners should have their weapons secure where they are not easily stolen; gun safes, etc.

There's hundreds of thousands of times per year guns are reported missing. That's sort of the issue with any solution merely being 'arm John Q Citizen' because John Q is more likely to have them stolen rather than actually using them.
                                Not exactly a reason to ban them outright though, is it? Don't blame law abiding citizens for the acts of criminals.

What does common sense gun control look like to you?
                                “To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Comment

Working...
                                X