Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Everyone knew."

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "Everyone knew."

    Very good article on how the endless train of leftist sex scandals is forcing people to ignore their hypocritical preaching.

    I truly don’t think the Left understands how the relentless drumbeat of sexual scandal looks to Americans outside the progressive bubble. Left-dominated quarters of American life — Hollywood, the media, progressive politics — have been revealed to be havens for the worst sort of ghouls, and each scandal seems to be accompanied by two words that deepen American cynicism and make legions of conservative Americans roll their eyes at the Left’s moral arguments: “Everyone knew.”

    Let’s put this in the clearest possible terms: For years, as Hollywood positioned itself as America’s conscience and as the media lauded its commitment to “social justice,” it was harboring, protecting, and indeed promoting truly dreadful human beings as leaders and taste-makers. Progressive politicians who proclaimed support for women’s rights on Twitter were groping women on airplanes or punching them in the bedroom.

    All this was happening at the precise time that the dominant argument — particularly against social conservatism — was that “you people are haters and bigots.” It’s difficult to overstate the extent to which conservative Americans have felt scolded and hectored. So how do you expect us to react when it’s revealed that all too many of the self-appointed moralists weren’t just the kind of preachers who’d run off with the secretary, they were the kind of monsters who’d press a button in their office, lock the secretary in the room, and assault her?
    And too many of them knew about these things all the while. It all started in earnest with Bill Clinton - the most powerful man on earth - forcing a 22 year old intern to get under the desk, and they covered for him.

    https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/05/how-metoo-undermines-the-resistance
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

    [most will be very surprised]


    Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

  • #2
    Oh, and...

    https://tinyurl.com/ydgkd5q6
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

    [most will be very surprised]


    Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by musterion View Post
      Lest we forget Uncle Joe Biden

      Comment


      • #4
        All this actually goes back to JFK if not FDR, but Clinton really set the Left's standard. It is now failing them.
        "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
        Terence Mc Lean

        [most will be very surprised]


        Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
        By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by musterion View Post
          It all started in earnest with Bill Clinton








          "Everyone knew" it was never about left vs. right, conservative vs. liberal, believer vs. unbeliever.

          It was and has always been about predatory males vs. vulnerable women and girls and boys.

          Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by annabenedetti View Post
            .
            Indeed. The defense of Trump seems to be "Bill Clinton started it". Just because Bill was willing to violate his marriage doesn't mean Monica was innocent. The only person who was violated was ... HILLARY. The wife.
            A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man
            we can trust with nuclear weapons.

            Bill Clinton






            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Rusha View Post

              Indeed. The defense of Trump seems to be "Bill Clinton started it".

              Just about EVERY defense of Trump comes back to the Clintons or Obama.


              We need a Godwin's Rule for the Clinton/Obama fallback argument.

              Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by annabenedetti View Post
                Just about EVERY defense of Trump comes back to the Clintons or Obama.

                We need a Godwin's Rule for the Clinton/Obama fallback argument.
                Have you ever noticed when it comes to sexual immorality, no one ever says "Obama did it too"?
                A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man
                we can trust with nuclear weapons.

                Bill Clinton






                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Rusha View Post
                  Have you ever noticed when it comes to sexual immorality, no one ever says "Obama did it too"?
                  Not to worry - they've got garbage for that one also.

                  Filed under "the Kenyan is gay and his wife is actually a man."

                  One would think the so called "grace" gospel experts on here would actually show some restraint in their endless bigotry and paranoia towards anyone they self-righteously conclude is not of their number.

                  THEIR "truth smacker" would be the first to call them out on their endless hypocrisy...

                  Matthew 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

                  Of course, they will miss the actual guiding principle or rule of thumb that passages like that one accuses their kind of endlessly being guilty of violating.

                  We're talkin some really self-made dumb "Fundamentalists."

                  Narrow mindedness, paranoia, and bigotry will do that to a person.

                  Anyone not of their number automatically perceived by them as "the enemy - agh!!!"

                  And so, on and on they prattle that anyone they consider not of their hypocrisy simply hates their false idol, Trump.

                  I doubt anyone on here opposed to Trump actually hates Trump himself, or his (present) wife, or his precious child, Barron (ALL children are precious).

                  Rather, the issue is with his actions - his continuing history of endless graft and amazing stupidity in just about his every action as President - thanks to his having long ago allowed himself to be completely taken over by his vanity.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Danoh View Post
                    Not to worry - they've got garbage for that one also.

                    Filed under "the Kenyan is gay and his wife is actually a man."

                    One would think the so called "grace" gospel experts on here would actually show some restraint in their endless bigotry and paranoia towards anyone they self-righteously conclude is not of their number.

                    THEIR "truth smacker" would be the first to call them out on their endless hypocrisy...

                    Matthew 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

                    Of course, they will miss the actual guiding principle or rule of thumb that passages like that one accuses their kind of endlessly being guilty of violating.

                    We're talkin some really self-made dumb "Fundamentalists."

                    Narrow mindedness, paranoia, and bigotry will do that to a person.

                    Anyone not of their number automatically perceived by them as "the enemy - agh!!!"

                    And so, on and on they prattle that anyone they consider not of their hypocrisy simply hates their false idol, Trump.

                    I doubt anyone on here opposed to Trump actually hates Trump himself, or his (present) wife, or his precious child, Barron (ALL children are precious).

                    Rather, the issue is with his actions - his continuing history of endless graft and amazing stupidity in just about his every action as President - thanks to his having long ago allowed himself to be completely taken over by his vanity.
                    If you can add nothing of substance, leave the thread.
                    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
                    Terence Mc Lean

                    [most will be very surprised]


                    Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
                    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Kinda related, the Left now no longer says Trump is crazy for saying Obama was spying on him. Because he was. Now they're trying to spin it by saying it was for Trump's own good.



                      You leftists badly need to realize, that's how stupid the Left thinks you are.
                      "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
                      Terence Mc Lean

                      [most will be very surprised]


                      Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
                      By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by musterion View Post
                        If you can add nothing of substance, leave the thread.
                        If Danoh continues to cause disruption, you might want to ask Sherman to remove him from your thread. He's always been a 'TOL troublemaker.' That's why I placed him on 'Eggnore' a long time ago.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Musty, notice how the 'Lefties' are so incensed by your thread, they're attacking like a band of renegade Indians in the 1800s?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The far-left zealots on TOL, have no patience with posters who are knowledgeable about political subjects. The far-left, in general, can only influence people who are ignorant about what's going on.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Rusha View Post
                              Indeed. The defense of Trump seems to be "Bill Clinton started it". Just because Bill was willing to violate his marriage doesn't mean Monica was innocent. The only person who was violated was ... HILLARY. The wife.
                              Poor Monica....a 22 year old intern is excluded from the MeToo movement by the left. Figures.


                              Oh, and Hillary the "victim"?

                              That one who called all of Bill's accusers/victims trailer trash?

                              The left lives is LaLa Land.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X