"Locker Room Talk"?

Arthur Brain

Oh man, I remember Jagger talking about his fame one time on a talk show.
He was going on about how fans thought everything he did was cool, and how the women just flocked around him throwing themselves at him.
He said people's thought patterns change with celebrities.
He stood up and said "Just look at me. I'm not a handsome guy by any stretch of the imagination. If I was some taxi driver, no one would give me the time of day".

:D

Sure, he'd get screaming fans and all sorts of recognition but then I don't recall Jagger ever being accused of assaulting anyone or bragging about it. Do you?

glorydaz

Oh man, I remember Jagger talking about his fame one time on a talk show.
He was going on about how fans thought everything he did was cool, and how the women just flocked around him throwing themselves at him.
He said people's thought patterns change with celebrities.
He stood up and said "Just look at me. I'm not a handsome guy by any stretch of the imagination. If I was some taxi driver, no one would give me the time of day".

:D

Yep....fame and money.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You're vicariously condoning it by not condemning Trump's own admissions about being able to grope women by the genitals, and it's not like he asks them for permission beforehand given his putrid comments. Sure, you specified adultery and by your standards he should have been in jail a long time ago until he dies apparently. You're the one who focused in on that as oppose to sexual assault and it's your prerogative to think such a penalty should be given although it puts you in an awkward position to say the least.
Get a grip.
He said he did it to women because they LET him.
He did not say he did it to women that did not LET him.

Oh, so if they're the "right" person for the job then they shouldn't actually be in jail for lifetime for adultery but able to hold office?
Until we make adultery and sleeping around and forcibly groping a criminal offense, there is no legal authority to stop any sexual deviant from holding office.

I'm all for a legal bill of law to lock up all of them.
But not as a cherry-picked witch hunt, but on the legal books for everyone everywhere.
How about you, are you ready to have them all locked up? Or just a cherry-picked few to set an example?
Are you serious about sexual misconduct or not?

glorydaz

Sure, he'd get screaming fans and all sorts of recognition but then I don't recall Jagger ever being accused of assaulting anyone or bragging about it. Do you?

Were you there when he talked to a buddy? When he described how those women threw themselves at him?

No, you weren't there. But, in spite of all your protestations, Artie, you've been far from faultless in that dept.

Arthur Brain

Obama shacked up with a woman he was not married to.
Plus sexual relations with other women he was not married to.
They should be locked up for sexual misconduct.
If you want this country to get serious about sexual misconduct, then let's get serious and stop beating around the bush.

If you don't demand it within your own community, don't demand it from the White House community.

So you want to permanently lock up most of America and the Western world then? Jail time for any couple who have sexual relations outside of wedlock? Your argument is a complete double standard. One rule for John and Jane Doe but another for whoever you think should be the president. That's twisted 'logic' and then some.

musterion

And it is certainly no secret that some women do LET men do that to them.

That's the key to this whole non-controversy. He wasn't advocating or admitting to anything close to sexual assault, which implies unwillingness on the part of the woman (or in the case of powerful queers, men or boys).

Is Trump morally a scumbag and seemingly okay with it? That's what it looks like to me.

Is he an unrepentant adulterer? From everything we all can know, yes he apparently is and he's fine with it.

So what's the point of this thread? To point out Trump is very likely an adulterous scumbag? Not news. Most of us suspect it if not believe it. Close the thread, nothing to discuss on that point.

But was Trump advocating sexual assault?

No. One has to lie to keep saying that he was. Sherman should shut the thread for that reason -- it's perpetuating a lie THAT THE VIDEO ITSELF shows is a lie.

Whereas, on the other hand...

bill-clinton-sex-scandals-hillary-campaign-r-1.jpg

PS Scummy, discredited tactics like this thread, pushed in the media, are how you're just going to end up with 4 more years of him.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Were you there when he talked to a buddy? When he described how those women threw themselves at him?

No, you weren't there. But, in spite of all your protestations, Artie, you've been far from faultless in that dept.
Oh how things could have turned out differently for Jaggar if there had been smart phones in the day.

Arthur Brain

No, were you? Doesn't seem to be a plethora of allegations against him for assault or anything of the like. I've never claimed to be faultless but I've never talked about wanting to grope women or assault anyone, nor would I want to hear that kinda crap from anyone else.

glorydaz

So you want to permanently lock up most of America and the Western world then? Jail time for any couple who have sexual relations outside of wedlock? Your argument is a complete double standard. One rule for John and Jane Doe but another for whoever you think should be the president. That's twisted 'logic' and then some.

She's just pointing out your double standard, Artie. :duh:

glorydaz

No, were you? Doesn't seem to be a plethora of allegations against him for assault or anything of the like. I've never claimed to be faultless but I've never talked about wanting to grope women or assault anyone, nor would I want to hear that kinda crap from anyone else.

Goody for you. Quite the mama's boy, were ya?

When I was young, I was groped like all the rest of us girls were. We were quite able and willing to let it be known whether it was okay with us or not.

Arthur Brain

That's the key to this whole non-controversy. He wasn't advocating or admitting to anything close to sexual assault, which implies unwillingness on the part of the woman (or in the case of powerful queers, men or boys).

Is Trump morally a scumbag and seemingly okay with it? That's what it looks like to me.

Is he an unrepentant adulterer? From everything we all can know, yes he apparently is and he's fine with it.

So what's the point of this thread? To point out Trump is very likely an adulterous scumbag? Not news. Most of us suspect it if not believe it. Close the thread, nothing to discuss on that point.

But was Trump advocating sexual assault?

No. One has to lie to keep saying that he was. Sherman should shut the thread for that reason -- it's perpetuating a lie THAT THE VIDEO ITSELF shows is a lie.

Whereas, on the other hand...

bill-clinton-sex-scandals-hillary-campaign-r-1.jpg

PS Scummy, discredited tactics like this thread, pushed in the media, are how you're just going to end up with 4 more years of him.

He boasted about being able to grab women by the genitals and the video is there for anyone to hear, as are many others where commentators and lawyers (Yes, I know lawyer is kinda a cuss word for you) have described his comments and admissions as nothing short of sexual assault. Go report the thread if you want, but given that Sherman seemed okay with me starting this one after being kicked off GM's then so much for free speech around these parts if this one gets closed.

It is not a lie to point out that Trump self admittedly claims and boasts about being able to grope women.

musterion

See what he tried to do there?

Trump didn't talk about wanting to grope or assault anyone (see how AB subtly conflates them?) As pointed out, Trump was speaking of - let's be honest - sluts and whores who will let a man do so IF that man is rich and powerful...as Trump put it, "a star." That is a fact and has ALWAYS been a fact.

But AB is so stupid that he doesn't think you'll notice his infantile attempt at rhetorical slight of hand.

I only saw him because you quoted him. He's not worth reading in real time.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So you want to permanently lock up most of America and the Western world then?
Only the ones that commit sexual misconduct.

Jail time for any couple who have sexual relations outside of wedlock?
Having sex with anyone but the one you are married to is sexual misconduct.
So, yes, absolutely, lock them up.
Let's get serious about sexual misconduct.

Your argument is a complete double standard. One rule for John and Jane Doe but another for whoever you think should be the president. That's twisted 'logic' and then some.
You STILL don't understand a word I say.

Let's put in on the legal books once and for all that all sexual misconduct is to be a crime punishable by (at the very least) jail time.
Let's get serious about it and stop beating around the bush.
Let's rid every community of it, and not just the political community.
Until then any sexual deviant can be President just as it was in the days of Jefferson.

Get serious or cherry-pick?????
What to do, what to do?

Arthur Brain

Goody for you. Quite the mama's boy, were ya?

When I was young, I was groped like all the rest of us girls were. We were quite able and willing to let it be known whether it was okay with us or not.

No, not really, just not into the idea of assaulting people. Do you condone Trump's admissions, you think his comments were all okay?