"Don't talk to the police without a lawyer first."

Arthur Brain

When speaking with you I can feel the anxiety and stress pouring out of that moral relativist body of yours Art. Obviously you're guilty of something (and we both know what that something is).

;-)

How about you just flat out say what that 'something' is aCW, and without the creepy 'wink'?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
How about you just flat out say what that 'something' is aCW, and without the creepy 'wink'?

The evidence has been provided in another thread, it's there for people to help make their own decisions on the matter. I made mine long ago. ;-) ;-) creepy double wink.

On that note: keep the airwaves clear, someone is going to talk more about his friendship with a "human being".

Arthur Brain

Why don't you ask the former Christian turned Satanist turned atheist turned "other", why he has me block; I can't as he...

has me blocked.

I would imagine it's because he can't be done with addressing a tedious crank. Whatever his reason, intimidation won't inform it. You're as threatening as a smurf...

Arthur Brain

The evidence has been provided in another thread, it's there for people to help make their own decisions on the matter. I made mine long ago. ;-) ;-) creepy double wink.

On that note: keep the airwaves clear, someone is going to talk more about his friendship with a "human being".

What evidence? What exactly are you talking about aCW? Just come out and say what this 'something' is I'm guilty of and what proof you've got for it.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You might tell those whom you're giving free legal advice to that if they lie to the big bad po-leece officer, that they could be charged with obstructing justice.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obstruction_of_justice
I don't need a wikilink to tell me and I don't have to tell someone not to lie if a) they aren't talking without a lawyer and b) they aren't talking without a lawyer. :plain:

So you agree that it's not set in stone when it comes to "not talking to a police officer without a lawyer first"?
No, if you're anything other than a material witness, don't speak until you've spoken to a lawyer. There's little chance for an actual upside and a great deal to lose, even by an innocent mistake.

Of course your opinion is coming from an unemployed lawyer perspective.
I suppose that was the best you could do. But no, my opinion, unlike yours, comes from actually being an officer of the court for a very long time, having dealt with actual police officers and victims of crimes and in support of that, beyond the anecdotal if broad experience, from the FBI, as noted:

Another myth is the belief that only guilty people appear nervous. This idea assumes that a person who has nothing to hide has no reason to be nervous or to demonstrate fidgeting and anxiety often associated with deceit. Questioning by law enforcement can be stressful for anyone, especially someone with little understanding of the criminal justice system. That anxiety can be heightened by accusatory questions or an aggressive interviewing style. Not surprisingly, innocent individuals often demonstrate many of the stereotypical behaviors associated with deception, including speech errors, fidgeting, and gaze aversion. The Truth About Lying: What Investigators Need to Know, by Brian D. Fitch, Ph.D., fbi.gov

Based on my experience, people who are not guilty of doing anything wrong have nothing to fear.
Which is one reason among many I have zero faith in your ever being a beat cop.

I would imagine that Tony and his cop buddies would get a kick out of a lawyer referring to him as a "human being".
That's your other go-to? I was wondering why you repeated it. And he remains one of my favorite people, human beings, folks, friends walking the planet.

And you remain a figment of your own imagination. :plain:

whitestone

lol,day after day we see cases on the t.v. where during the investigation they gather phone records,internet activity records ect. to be used as evidence in those cases.

we are warned to be careful what we say while using these devices,but none of us must believe it or give it much thought because we keep on typing without the advice of council,,

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
runaway_diner_rockwell.jpg

It's really quite sad that liberals have turned a God-ordained institution, something that ordinary law-abiding people once turned to for safety, protection and justice, into something to be afraid of.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It's really quite sad that liberals have turned a God-ordained institution, something that ordinary law-abiding people once turned to for safety, protection and justice, into something to be afraid of.
First, your illustration, like your professional background, wasn't real. It was an idealized notion, a product of a hopeful imagination.

Secondly, your disdain for the average Joe's ability to know his own mind notwithstanding, it wasn't liberals who changed the perception of many when it comes to law enforcement. It was experience and television, along with film that exposed all sorts of failings (see: police in Selma during the Civil Rights Movement, etc.).

But mostly it's just about intelligence. There are great cops and there are guys who like tapping their gun and standing too close. A person exercising their rights under the law an officer is sworn to uphold and should respect isn't, in doing that, being disrespectful to the officer. He's respecting the process.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I would imagine it's because he can't be done with addressing a tedious crank. Whatever his reason, intimidation won't inform it. You're as threatening as a smurf...

I have him on ignore because he's a pathological liar and a bore.:yawn:

In case anybody hadn't figured that out for themselves yet.

whitestone

runaway_diner_rockwell.jpg

yep a few pages back I made the comment hands up don't shoot and wasn't meaning it racially,(maybe I don't explain things well), but the very thing that is suppose to make us feel safe and secure now makes us all afraid. I notice here and all across the www the normal trend is fear of the government,police ect.

Now I don't know who to blame it on liberals,or who I just see that as well as the president said about the shootings being "the norm" it is also "the norm" to hear the average person afraid of the govt./police,,,

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
yep a few pages back I made the comment hands up don't shoot and wasn't meaning it racially,(maybe I don't explain things well), but the very thing that is suppose to make us feel safe and secure now makes us all afraid. I notice here and all across the www the normal trend is fear of the government,police ect.

Who is "us", societies criminal element? I appreciate the biblical role that law enforcement plays:

Romans 13:4

whitestone

Who is "us", societies criminal element? I appreciate the biblical role that law enforcement plays:

Romans 13:4

I completely agree with Romans 13,,"us" are the exact same as any nation in the past looking at it from the rom.13 thinking. If Israel obeys they dwell in safety,if not and they become ungodly a cruel nation will rule over them. They several times were in bondage until finally being completely scattered.

God told Abraham that they would go into bondage for 400 years and made the comment that the iniquities of the Amorites were not yet full. So they were left to their own nation until they were completely ungodly and then their kingdom was overthrown.

So us I think are the people of the U.S. "if" we are a godly people we will not have a cruel master over us,but as we descend into ungodliness then as in the examples of old we will also eventually be spoken of the same "the iniquities of the Americans are full".

As for today we are just "afraid" and not sure who we can trust. It would not make sense for us to think we are immune from the same punishments we see God did in the past. So its a Godly vrs. un-Godly issue I think. So if there's any hope of turning this around it is in the preaching of godliness/Christianity and if this doesn't work we should expect the same as the former examples. Today we are afraid,tomorrow we might face more.