This Black WAS abused by cops.. Sandra Bland

republicanchick

I don't know if she committed suicide in the jail cell or was murdered, but i do know that that cop was WAY out of line making her get out of the car just because of a neglect to use turn signal.

Don't do that... don't get out of your car for a routine traffic stop (unless you have cocaine on the passenger seat or something.. then you may have to obey)

I don't believe this is a racist incident. And by the way, doesn't only God know a person's heart? Why all this calling people Racist when only God knows... but anyway...

Again, a lot of cops are against EVERYONE, not just Blacks... well, maybe that is a Trumpism... :hammer:. What i meant to say was that many cops are on a power trip and just... maybe want to take their frustrations out on people.. doesn't mean they are racist... but you know how it is... whenever it is White on Black, it is racism... ho hum... bored w/ that...

What is more important is that this woman may have ended it all b/c that cop was such a creep

really sad

_

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/2...and-traffic-stop-escalated/?intcmp=latestnews

GFR7

I don't know if she committed suicide in the jail cell or was murdered, but i do know that that cop was WAY out of line making her get out of the car just because of a neglect to use turn signal.

I don't believe this is a racist incident. And by the way, doesn't only God know a person's heart? Why all this calling people Racist when only God knows... but anyway...

Again, a lot of cops are against EVERYONE, not just Blacks... well, maybe that is a Trumpism... :hammer:. What i meant to say was that many cops are on a power trip and just... maybe want to take their frustrations on people.. doesn't mean they are racist... but you know how it is... whenever it is White on Black, it is racism... ho hum... bored w/ that...

What is more important is that this woman may have ended it all b/c that cop was such a creep

really sad

_

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/2...and-traffic-stop-escalated/?intcmp=latestnews
I agree. It was more the ego of the cop than his racism, if he has any. If she committed suicide, she was driven to it. This is NOT a partisan issue: These cops really are in the wrong.

republicanchick

I agree. It was more the ego of the cop than his racism, if he has any. If she committed suicide, she was driven to it. This is NOT a partisan issue: These cops really are in the wrong.

ego?

um... yeh, you may want to explain how using power/control over someone weaker than you can feed your ego?

But then egotists... well, maybe they are also usually bullies?

__

republicanchick

Yes, egotists are weak.

I think the kind of person who even chooses to be a cop... well, I am not s aying ALL... some choose it for the right reasons.. to fight evil in the world.. give us protection/justice..

but some just want to be able to .. bully people, it would seem

___

fool

Hall of Fame
He wrote her a warning.
She turned a warning into an arrest because she couldn't shut the hell up.

Jose Fly

He wrote her a warning.

Seriously? He asked her what was bothering her, and she answered. He could have just been done at that point. But no, for some bizarre reason he had to "order" her to put out her cigarette, which he has no power to do. And she rightly called him on it.

Had he just given her the warning and walked away, that would have been the end of it all.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't know if she committed suicide in the jail cell or was murdered,

Murdered by who and what was the motive?

You are aware that Bland was on medication and had previously attempted suicide aren't you?

but i do know that that cop was WAY out of line making her get out of the car

"Out of line" based on your opinion or Texas Dept. of Public Safety policy?

just because of a neglect to use turn signal.

Should traffic violations such as failing to use a turn signal (which is a law because of the harm that is done when turn signals aren't used) be removed from the legislative books and hence the officer wouldn't had have grounds to stop the mentally ill woman?

Don't do that... don't get out of your car for a routine traffic stop (unless you have cocaine on the passenger seat or something.. then you may have to obey)

Again: Is this your opinion or Texas Dept. of Public Safety policy?

Again, a lot of cops are against EVERYONE, not just Blacks... well, maybe that is a Trumpism... :hammer:. What i meant to say was that many cops are on a power trip and just... maybe want to take their frustrations out on people.. doesn't mean they are racist... but you know how it is... whenever it is White on Black, it is racism... ho hum... bored w/ that...

really sad

Do believe when a citizen is stopped by a police officer that they should show respect to that officer and follow his or her commands, or do you believe that the citizen and the officer are 'equals'?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

No one drove this woman to suicide. She had problems long before this officer pulled her over.

He wrote her a warning.

Agreed. All she had to do was apologize and take the ticket.

GFR7

Seriously? He asked her what was bothering her, and she answered. He could have just been done at that point. But no, for some bizarre reason he had to "order" her to put out her cigarette, which he has no power to do. And she rightly called him on it.

Had he just given her the warning and walked away, that would have been the end of it all.
He had no cause to ask her to exit the car, except that HE was spoiling for a fight. And he got one. Now she's dead. It is monstrously wrong and evil.

GFR7

No one drove this woman to suicide. She had problems long before this officer pulled her over.

Agreed. All she had to do was apologize and take the ticket.
Yes, she should have acted differently. But saying she wanted to continue smoking was the point of no return, and it should not have been. Because she had problems, she deserved to be jailed for nothing? That is seriously wrong thinking.

Jose Fly

He had no cause to ask her to exit the car, except that HE was spoiling for a fight. And he got one.

When I first saw it, all I could think was that she was being too uppity and he was going to put her in her place.

GFR7

When I first saw it, all I could think was that she was being too uppity and he was going to put her in her place.
I know. But he really should have just remained aloof. I don't like to see a man slam a woman onto the pavement, either.

Cops are civil servants. If anything, they should act with deference to the public who pay their salaries.

Jose Fly

I know. But he really should have just remained aloof. I don't like to see a man slam a woman onto the pavement, either.

Cops are civil servants. If anything, they should act with deference to the public who pay their salaries.

No doubt. And if you watch the first part of the video, he did a full u-turn and then jumped on the gas to run right up behind her. That's when she pulled over to the side and he got her for failing to signal.

But I'm wondering, why did he turn around and go after her before she'd done anything? Something about that stinks.

GFR7

No doubt. And if you watch the first part of the video, he did a full u-turn and then jumped on the gas to run right up behind her. That's when she pulled over to the side and he got her for failing to signal.

But I'm wondering, why did he turn around and go after her before she'd done anything? Something about that stinks.
Maybe they had it in for her due to her activism. She may have been set up. She sure was harassed over nothing. Profiled. Yes, something is rotten here. I don't care what people think of me for saying that.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, she should have acted differently.

Yes ...

But saying she wanted to continue smoking was the point of no return,

Perhaps the officer was concerned that she might use the cigarette to burn his hand and thus, requested she put it out. She chose to be difficult and refuse.

Regardless, blaming him for her suicide is down right ridiculous. There are many people on this earth who have been treated much worse and dealt with much more, and still yet, they have gone on to live another day.

Nazaroo

Maybe they had it in for her due to her activism. She may have been set up. She sure was harassed over nothing. Profiled. Yes, something is rotten here. I don't care what people think of me for saying that.

^ This.

Something stinks at both ends of this incident.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Once again, I renew my exhortation to black people:

Do not break the law. Do not congregate with known lawbreakers. Do not congregate in known hotspots for crime. Follow police instructions. Do not resist arrest.

Otherwise, I have no sympathy for you. My words about you will always be the same:

"They broke the law. They paid the price. What's your point" (From Judge Dredd, "Cadet"). :idunno:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFR7

^ This.

Something stinks at both ends of this incident.

TOL's cop-hating duo have reunited once again.

Do tell us some of the conspiracy theories floating around fellas (i.e. "she may have been set up").