• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the Supreme Court just gave 2016 election to the Rs

Yeh, win the battle, White House, lose the war

people hate O-care

to heck with what the Supreme Court thinks

Thank You, Scalia

In the most recent opinion poll 56% of Americans wanted the SC to side with the government.
    The pain comes from knowing that we have never been safe, and therefore will never be safe again. It comes from knowing we can never be so ignorant again. It comes from knowing we can never be children again. Losing innocence. Remembering heaven. That was the essence of hell. -John Jakes

Comment

Originally posted by republicanchick View Post
      Yeh, win the battle, White House, lose the war

people hate O-care

to heck with what the Supreme Court thinks

Thank You, Scalia
      I think you are wrong. And I also think that no Republican would dare break Obamacare too badly regardless, because too many of their own supporters are beneficiaries. They'll talk about it, try to make a bit of rhetorical gains by it, but it's all going to prove insincere.
      Global warming denialists are like gravity denialists piloting a helicopter, determined to prove a point. We may not have time to actually persuade them of their mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by rexlunae View Post
        I think you are wrong. And I also think that no Republican would dare break Obamacare too badly regardless, because too many of their own supporters are beneficiaries. They'll talk about it, try to make a bit of rhetorical gains by it, but it's all going to prove insincere.
        You are unfortunately correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Sitamun View Post
          In the most recent opinion poll 56% of Americans wanted the SC to side with the government.
          prove it

I have heard otherwise

__

Comment

I think you are wrong. .
            Look what happened in the last few elections

said elections were not even that long ago... yet some have already forgotten

=

Comment

Look what happened in the last few elections

said elections were not even that long ago... yet some have already forgotten

=
              The 2014 election would have been a hard one for Democrats no matter what. Pretty much the whole map was against them. Low turnout was a big problem for them, and honestly I think they made a pretty big tactical error. They decided to run from President Obama like it's 2016 because he has low approval ratings, and so Obama stayed pretty quiet. I think his lack of leadership during the election is both part of why he had low approval ratings, and also why the Democrats got so badly smoked. And it's why Democrats from the red states sounded like Republicans, and had a newfound love of guns and coal.

The American People generally like President Obama when he leads. And since that election, he's been leading with a kind of vigor that everyone pretty much had decided was gone.
              Global warming denialists are like gravity denialists piloting a helicopter, determined to prove a point. We may not have time to actually persuade them of their mistake.

Comment

Rex is right on this one, if for the wrong reason. The Supreme Court's decisions are secondary to the screwing conservatives have received in recent weeks from Boehner, Ryan, etc. That will be the reason many stay home, because voting for them again CLEARLY MAKES NO DIFFERENCE and IS COUNTERPRODUCTIVE TO CONSERVATIVE INTERESTS. The SC ruling is just icing on that cake. It won't be those who stay home who "hand the White House" to Hillary, it will be the GOP and, to a lesser extent, Republican SC appointees who've done that.
                Last edited by musterion; June 27th, 2015, 09:56 AM.
                "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
                Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
                By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

Comment

protect the baby

vote republican

this message brought to you by christians who know how to work
                  a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

Comment

The 2014 election would have been a hard one for Democrats no matter what. Pretty much the whole map was against them. Low turnout was a big problem for them, and honestly I think they made a pretty big tactical error. They decided to run from President Obama like it's 2016 because he has low approval ratings, and so Obama stayed pretty quiet. I think his lack of leadership during the election is both part of why he had low approval ratings, and also why the Democrats got so badly smoked. And it's why Democrats from the red states sounded like Republicans, and had a newfound love of guns and coal.

The American People generally like President Obama when he leads. And since that election, he's been leading with a kind of vigor that everyone pretty much had decided was gone.

rubbish

pure rubbish

___

Comment

Originally posted by musterion View Post
                      Rex is right on this one, if for the wrong reason. The Supreme Court's decisions are secondary to the screwing conservatives have received in recent weeks from Boehner, Ryan, etc. That will be the reason many stay home, because voting for them again CLEARLY MAKES NO DIFFERENCE and IS COUNTERPRODUCTIVE TO CONSERVATIVE INTERESTS. The SC ruling is just icing on that cake. It won't be those who stay home who "hand the White House" to Hillary, it will be the GOP and, to a lesser extent, Republican SC appointees who've done that.
                      rubbish

unadulterated rubbish

people who don't vote deserve what they get

___

Comment

Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
                        protect the baby

vote republican

this message brought to you by christians who know how to work
                        Amen, Bro

+++

Comment

rubbish

unadulterated rubbish

people who don't vote deserve what they get
                          We who DID vote for your fellow Catholics like Boehner and Ryan got this:

"Have to pass it before we see what's in it." Pelosi.
                          “It’s declassified and made public once it’s agreed to." Ryan.
                          "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
                          Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
                          By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

Comment

Originally posted by musterion View Post
                            We who DID vote for your fellow Catholics like Boehner and Ryan got this:
                            insufficient data coming through

___

Comment

Working...
                            X