Why Drug Laws are wrong

shagster01

society would be better off if swift and harsh punishments were in place for drug trafficking and use

instead, drugs are everywhere

in what possible way is society better served by rampant drug abuse?

So you do believe that if they'd have put you to death it would have been good because it would have deterred me?

shagster01

my hands exist because that's the way God made me

I can choose to use them to soothe a fevered brow, or hug a scared child

i can choose to use them to assist a student trying to better himself

or.....

i can use them to muder, rape, steal....

Great. You've shown that God made hands and they can be used for good or bad. God made an intoxicating plant which you say can be used for bad.

So what good can it be used for?

shagster01

Christians should not have to be told that it's morally wrong to get high. Here's a sample:

1 Peter 5:8 KJV Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Philippians 4:4-5 KJV Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice. 5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.

What is your definition of sober?

Are you sober when all hopped up on caffeine or sugar? After two beers? Getting too little of sleep and having drowsy high feeling? Where is the sobriety line?

Caledvwlch

Are you sober when all hopped up on caffeine or sugar? After two beers? Getting too little of sleep and having drowsy high feeling? Where is the sobriety line?

Not in the Bible. Or at least, that is my contention and the point of my posts in this thread so far.

journey

That would involve common sense:

In your right mind - not intoxicated or drunk on any substance to the extent that you are significantly impaired. There is no DUI for coffee or sugar.

shagster01

That would involve common sense:

In your right mind - not intoxicated or drunk on any substance to the extent that you are significantly impaired. There is no DUI for coffee or sugar.

What about too little of sleep? Clouds your judgment, you can get traffic citations for it.

way 2 go

I'm focusing on the highlighted part for now. What makes drugs evil?
it is not the stuff that is evil
it is its miss use

1Pe_5:8 Be sober-minded; be watchful

Anyway, if drugs are "evil" then why do they exist?

water is not evil but people die from it all the time
"Drowning resulted in 350,000 deaths in 2010, down from 430,000 deaths in 1990"

shagster01

it is not the stuff that is evil
it is its miss use

1Pe_5:8 Be sober-minded; be watchful

water is not evil but people die from it all the time
"Drowning resulted in 350,000 deaths in 2010, down from 430,000 deaths in 1990"

Yes, but water serves an obvious purpose too. Why did God make the intoxicating marijuana plant? I keep asking this and nobody answers.

journey

Yes, but water serves an obvious purpose too. Why did God make the intoxicating marijuana plant? I keep asking this and nobody answers.

It does have some medical applications, and hemp makes good rope. Hemp may be used for new building materials in the future.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
thanks journey - I meant to come back to this thread

shaggy said:
Why did God make the intoxicating marijuana plant? I keep asking this and nobody answers.

thc has medicinal purposes

medicinal uses - good
"recreational"** uses - bad

**always cracks me up, as chronic pot use lowers sperm counts