Countdown To President Trump Re-election

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Remember Pastor Jeffress?

According to Jeffress: "I've said to the president several times unless Bob Mueller can produce a photograph of you holding the flashlight while the Russians were breaking into a voting machine - anything short of that he won't need to worry about."

Arthur Brain

They see him as a 'King Cyrus,' and she traces the leaders' falling into line to support him back to a meeting with 1,000 of them in June 2016. The base were already falling into place by then because they agreed with his anti-immigrant rhetoric - as one Trump follower said, "Walls are Biblical." This was at the same time that Trump was retweeting white nationalists and they were calling him their "God-Emperor..."

One of the things that's resonated so far is something I already knew - Trump never apologizes, he doubles down. And his base absolutely thrives on that. It's been coming together for a while now, the idea that the religious right wants the power to bend the country to their religious beliefs. I didn't realize how strong the drive for that power was, and in Trump they found their strongman.

Looking forward to the coming chapters.

He does double down and it makes it all the more the pathetic, rather than funny. He even tried to claim that he "up-played" the Coronavirus after being on record for deliberately downplaying it...

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
He does double down and it makes it all the more the pathetic, rather than funny. He even tried to claim that he "up-played" the Coronavirus after being on record for deliberately downplaying it...

He doesn't care. He knows he can lie and no one will do anything about it. The press wrings its hands, the GOP pretends it doesn't see, and the base cheers.

Arthur Brain

He doesn't care. He knows he can lie and no one will do anything about it. The press wrings its hands, the GOP pretends it doesn't see, and the base cheers.

Of course he doesn't, he never did. It was only when the numbers went up that he was forced into a state of "non denial" and declaring a national emergency. It's bewildering how anybody can take this clown even remotely seriously, especially after his own admissions of deliberately downplaying the virus and wanting to do so.

:freak:

Jerry Shugart

She's laid out the historical background of the religious right from the 70s to present, and how that led to the evangelical embrace of Trump as "God's strongman." It's about the power.

Of course you want nothing to do with the religious right because they make you feel guilty with their strong anti-abortion stance.

You like to be on the side which does everything in their power to make sure that all women have access to abortions on demand and tax-funded abortions.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Of course you want nothing to do with the religious right because they make you feel guilty with their strong anti-abortion stance.

:chuckle: I used to be part of the religious right and have friends and family in that category still, so I have plenty to do with the religious right in real life and feeling guilty isn't part of that experience.

You like to be on the side which does everything in their power to make sure that all women have access to abortions on demand and tax-funded abortions.

I'm "on the side" of whoever can defeat Trump and get him out of office before he does any more damage.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:chuckle: I used to be part of the religious right and have friends and family in that category still, so I have plenty to do with the religious right in real life and feeling guilty isn't part of that experience.

I'm "on the side" of whoever can defeat Trump and get him out of office before he does any more damage.

Same here.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Like the "damage" of presiding over a very low black unemployment rate before the China flu shutdown? Are you a racist?

Like the "damage" of ending the constant tension between the US and Ukraine, North Korea and Iran?

Like the "damage" of brokering an unprecedented peace agreement in the Middle East?

Arthur Brain

Anyone who actually knows anna knows that she's not pro-abort. Obviously that excludes you. Why you seem to think that Republicans are gonna do anything about it is anyone's guess.

Jerry Shugart

If you are not a racist why do you support Joe Biden, who is a racist:

"Biden supported a measure sponsored by Senator Robert Byrd (D-W.Va.), a former Klansman who had held the floor for more than 14 hours in a filibuster against the 1964 civil rights bill, that prohibited the use of federal funds to transport students beyond the school closest to their homes and that passed into law in 1976 . It was the Republicans that passed every piece of civil rights legislation including the 13th Amendment (which passed with NO Democrat votes) and every subsequent civil rights bill including the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

https://weku.io/community-deals/@richq11/democrats-then-and-now-the-party-of-racism-and-eugenics

Birds of a feather flock together!