Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

This is a very excellent academically inclined interview by psychologist Jeffrey Mishlove of renowned near-death experience researcher Kenneth Ring:

NDE Researcher Kenneth Ring

One major takeaway for me from this interview is the account of one experiencer whose classically-themed NDE involved traveling toward a light at the end of a dark tunnel. What was unique about his particular experience is that he reported traveling through that light and then looking back at it. He then saw was that the light was being generated by the constellation of the spirits of the many people who had gone before him.

It is commonly reported that NDEs involve full life reviews, and people don't only witness life reviews from their own perspective. Many also see their actions from the perspective of the others who were impacted, whether positively or negatively, by their own behaviors. These people then become transformed by the awareness of the consequences of their actions on others before they commit those actions, knowing that they themselves are going to have to be the recipients of them. It is as though there is only one person in the universe, and it is us!

Some people who have NDEs report hellish experiences. Those who report hellish NDEs state that their unpleasant experience ended when they prayed to God and were told, "Forgive everyone and everything in your life. Fear is the only hell. Love your life; everyone and everything, and fear no more." Many people who have been wronged wish to hold onto their "righteous indignation," but experiencers recommends taking the negative charge off of all of one's experiences in order to be freed from the negative consequences associated with those incidents.

Comment

Bumping this for visibility.

I've heard very believable NDEs, and I want to believe there's somewhere else there. Like most people, there are loved ones I want to see again and I want more than this one life, and NDEs are one thread that holds me back. But I'm afraid that there's just going to be nothing.

Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

Comment

Originally posted by annabenedetti View Post
        ... I'm afraid that there's just going to be nothing.
        for those who reject Christ?

yep

Comment

Originally posted by annabenedetti View Post
          I've heard very believable NDEs, and I want to believe there's somewhere else there. Like most people, there are loved ones I want to see again and I want more than this one life, and NDEs are one thread that holds me back. But I'm afraid that there's just going to be nothing.
          There's life after death, Jesus proved it. He came back to tell us the good news: anyone who believes in Him shall have everlasting life.
          "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

Comment

Originally posted by Aimiel View Post
            There's life after death, Jesus proved it. He came back to tell us the good news: anyone who believes in Him shall have everlasting life.
            John 3:36 describes her to a
            Spoiler

Comment

Originally posted by ok doser View Post

John 3:36 describes her to a
              Spoiler
              He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Amen!!!
              "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

Comment

Working...
              X