Hurricane Dorian Becomes the 5th Atlantic Category 5 in 4 Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clete View Post
    The real data shows the opposite of what the left would like you to believe...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26887[/ATTACH]
    That graph is misleading because it only counts "U.S. landfalling" hurricanes. A large percentage of hurricanes wind up hitting Central or South America, or curve up and die in the north Atlantic, and never impact the USA. (I know, I know. You don't care about those.)

Here is a complete graph of Atlantic basin hurricanes each year from 1851 to 2018:

As you can see, there definitely is a long-term trend, and it is rising.
    Last edited by User Name; September 2nd, 2019, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alate_One View Post
      Warm water = more energy. It's simple physics, not rocket science.

to a binary thinker perhaps

do you know of anything in climate science that is bivariate and not influenced by external factors?

Comment

Originally posted by Stripe View Post
        Anything of what sort?
        Of this sort:
        Where we part ways is that you think there is something that can be done about it; that it is worth selling liberty in the name of banning plastic straws and other useless, leftist ideas of redemption and salvation.
        Here's your chance to stop playing your stupid games and simply apologize for being wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by chair View Post
          Of this sort:

Here's your chance to stop playing your stupid games and simply apologize for being wrong.
          You think nothing can be done about global warming?
          Where is the evidence for a global flood?
          E≈mc2
          "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
          -Bob B.

Comment

You think nothing can be done about global warming?
            Like I said, you could stop playing your stupid games, and just apologize, rather than trying to get me to confirm your slander.

Comment

Originally posted by ok doser View Post
              to a binary thinker perhaps

do you know of anything in climate science that is bivariate and not influenced by external factors?
              Define external factors. More heat = more energy, it's pretty much that simple. Now the heat may be unevenly distributed across the globe but generally speaking if you're looking at tropical cyclones in general (not just hurricanes) they've all been increasing in intensity.
              “We do not believe in God because we need to explain this or that feature of the world. That is what science is for. We believe in God because we see something deeper in the world, something that transcends the scientific explanations.” - Karl Giberson Ph.D.

- The science and faith of theistic evolution explained.

Comment

Originally posted by Clete View Post
                You're stupid.

It has become impossible to have a substantive discussion about anything on this website. Those who try get banned and those that seem to be allowed to post anything they want are literally stupid idiots that aren't worth the hair that grows on their big toe.

Why do I even bother? This may well be the last post I ever make on TOL.
                Just to confirm your thinking on this. You don't understand and so I am a stupid idiot?

"Elohim choses the foolish things of the world to confound the wise".

Bless you.
                I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
                A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
                If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Comment

More heat = more energy ...
                  as a chemist, i would recognize that as a tautology, that heat is energy

but not all energy is heat

Comment

Originally posted by Truster View Post
                    Just to confirm your thinking on this. You don't understand and so I am a stupid idiot?

Bless you.
                    You claim a connection, but give no evidence that there is such a thing.

You constantly quote random verses completely out of context.

Stupid is a just description of what you do.
                    All of my ancestors are human.
                    Originally posted by Squeaky
                    That explains why your an idiot.
                    Originally posted by God's Truth
                    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
                    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
                    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
                    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

You mean, how come the ancient Egyptians built their monuments and cities in the desert?

How come the inhabitants of Doggerland lived underwater?

Things like that?
                      Greenland

Comment

Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
                        You claim a connection, but give no evidence that there is such a thing.

You constantly quote random verses completely out of context.

Stupid is a just description of what you do.

Momma always said TOL was like a box of stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Truster View Post
                          No, you're a stupid idiot because you say stupid things.

Bless you.
                          So then let's all just be idiots then! Is that your point?

You can just say the most mindlessly idiotic stupidity imaginable, no matter how far removed it is from whatever is being discussed and it's perfectly impenetrable to any scrutiny or criticism whatsoever because you're a loyal fool for God.

If you showed up to tell us that God was a one eyed purple people eater, what could anyone say to refute the foolishness you spout in God's name? Why do you even bother quoting the bible? Who needs it? You've got the magical "It's spiritually discerned and so I can any stupid thing I want!" trump card!

How does your utterly dysfunctional brain even keep your heart and lungs functioning?
                          sigpic
                          "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

Comment

as a chemist, i would recognize that as a tautology, that heat is energy

but not all energy is heat
                            Yes, agreed so, if you add more energy to the oceans and hurricanes are essentially heat dissipation engines, what do you expect will happen?

“We do not believe in God because we need to explain this or that feature of the world. That is what science is for. We believe in God because we see something deeper in the world, something that transcends the scientific explanations.” - Karl Giberson Ph.D.

- The science and faith of theistic evolution explained.

Comment

Originally posted by User Name View Post
                              That graph is misleading because it only counts "U.S. landfalling" hurricanes. A large percentage of hurricanes wind up hitting Central or South America, or curve up and die in the north Atlantic, and never impact the USA. (I know, I know. You don't care about those.)

Here is a complete graph of Atlantic basin hurricanes each year from 1851 to 2018:

As you can see, there definitely is a long-term trend, and it is rising.
                              So, according to your own graph, the trend line has increased by aproximately two whole storms per year, world wide, in the last 150 years. Big woop!

Even if it were two or three times that, (which it isn't), 150 years worth of data is less than 1% of an eye blink when compared to the sort of time scales you'd need to establish that such an increase is anything other than a return to the mean, never mind establish that it's a historically significant increase caused by human beings, (living in the United States primarily).
                              sigpic
                              "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

Comment

Yes, agreed so, if you add more energy to the oceans and hurricanes are essentially heat dissipation engines...
                                i don't accept that hurricanes are "essentially heat dissipation engines"

furthermore, there are other heat exchange phenomena occurring in the oceans

Comment

Working...
                                X